Read option?

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
drdiags":27euocea said:
Old Fart Alert!!

When I see Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and other elite QBs doing it, then I am fine with it. Until then, it is a gimmick and needs to be shelved.

End Old Fart Alert. And now get off my lawn you darn whippersnappers!

Yah uh... who said we want tom Brady or any old fart elite qb. Besides Aaron Rodgers could probably run this kinda thing and he is elite from the eyes of most. Point is Russell isn't like any of those quarterbacks and neither is the offences they play in.

That's the point of having Russell #3, because he is unconventional. Like our team.

drdiags

Reaction score
skater18000":1hh7mwn2 said:
Yah uh... who said we want tom Brady or any old fart elite qb. Besides Aaron Rodgers could probably run this kinda thing and he is elite from the eyes of most. Point is Russell isn't like any of those quarterbacks and neither is the offences they play in.

Sustainability. Is Wilson and others going to base their game around something that may not be sustainable. I am sure many would have reached nirvana if the Seahawks had gotten Old Fart Peyton Manning to play here. So I am not sure you speak for "we" but more for "I".

sutz

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the read option will NOT become the "staple" of our offense in any way.

They'll use it once in a while, to keep Ds honest. We'll probably see it a few times over the next couple of weeks, and we'll do something different out of it all of the times we use it. That way, DCs won't know what to expect when we use it. Meanwhile, Marshawn and Turbs will be steamrolling them.

:)

TLD0550

Reaction score
I start to get an upset stomach every time is see it please don't use it and put it up really high on the shelf Bevell so you will forget about it..

Tical21

Reaction score
From what I can tell by watching the tape, we don't run it as a true option. I think most of the time it is pre-determined. If not, Wilson did a terrible job, because Jared Allen crashed all game long. If they were running it like college teams do, Wilson would have kept the ball just about every time. I think we just run it to give Lynch carries out of the shotgun, and then Wilson carries out the fake take a defender with him. The coaches and Wilson keep an eye on it, and if the DE keeps crashing, they know that at some point later in the game, they've got a "keep" up their sleeve, and Wilson will get a free running lane whenever they want to use it.

dunceface

Reaction score
but if use option won't the man Russell #3 get BOOM like legion?

Plainshawk

Reaction score
I don't expect Wilson to get hit very often when he takes off on a run. He appears to be a very smart and safe runner. He seems to always slide at just the right time.