Random Thoughts™ on the Cardinals game in Seattle

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Fudwamper":1a84a6op said:
volsunghawk":1a84a6op said:
Fudwamper":1a84a6op said:
You are right it would not be a good line it would be great, it would rack up 300 yards a game rushing. I understand your point, but his nastiness is what makes him good and drives those piles. Seriously I would take five Brenos. It would not be 3 yards and a cloud of dust. It would be 6-7 yards and a pile of bodies.

Richie Incognito begs to differ.

Not even close the same player. One is good and nasty the other is bad and dumb.

Giacomini might be a better overall lineman than Incognito, sure, but that "nasty" that he is already known for has already hurt the team before. And his reputation means that officials will look for that from him before anyone else. Enough penalties for being "nasty" will turn pretty damn quickly into "dumb."

It's one thing to get a 15-yard penalty in a blowout like yesterday. It's another thing entirely when the game is close and every 1st down matters (like in MOST of our games).

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm guessing O'Neil is pretty much going off of the fact that Seattle has a really good record against winning teams, and we are losing to team with losing records. Ari, Miami, STL (.500, but yea), we lost once to SF, and Detroit. So 4 of our losses were to teams .500 or lower. Then we have wins against GB, NE, CHI, DAL, MIN, Jets, Car, and ARI. 5 of our wins are against winning teams that are in the playoff hunt. On general principle, he's not incorrect. You can say "if only for a few plays", but the fact is, good teams make the small plays that add up. We either gave it away, or the other team did just enough to win. Either way, it's a loss, and we've lost more to losing teams, than winning teams. I don't disagree with you Kearly, but I can't disagree with him either.

I'm stoked we got some backups some playing time. This was a great game to break in Thurmond, Lane and Maxwell. They all seemed to do fairly well, I was really impressed with Thurmond.

I agree, Flynn looked good. So many people say that Flynn couldn't beat out Wilson, and that's an indictment on Flynn. I honestly think he can be a starting QB for a lot of teams in this league, and the fact that Wilson beat him out is more a compliment to Wilson than a negative to Flynn. Flynn had zip on his passes, and managed to look athletic on breaking a tackle that most pocket QBs in this league don't break.

I really hope this gives us momentum to carry into the rest of the season. We need every game from here on out.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Screw the Cards. Go Breno.

Sacrifice 15 yards to give those clowns an extra late shot, reverse 15 yards and score the TD anyway. They're gonna beat ya and insult your manhood while they do it. Woot.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
sc85sis":1ku23ym9 said:
razgriz737":1ku23ym9 said:
BlueTalon":1ku23ym9 said:
Who is Tim Ryan?
The color commentator.

Did anyone else notice him chastising us for "running the score up"? That irked me. And I usually like what he has to say.
There will be people who say that Pete ran up the score and that going for it on that 4th down, passing later in the game, etc. proves it. But Pete has always felt that it's more likely a defense can stop a 4th down conversion (or TD attempt) than prevent a field goal from being scored. The truth is he pulled his starters early in the third, and he used the running game far more than the pass.

If Pete had truly wanted to run it up, he'd have left Russell in longer and had him throw the ball all over the field. And when Russ wasn't doing that, Beast Mode would have continued to ram it down their throats.

A coach can't ask his backups not to try for the sake of the other team's ego. That wouldn't be fair to guys who are finally getting a chance for meaningful play time. And it would essentially be telling the other team they suck so badly that you pity them. These guys are pros, not eight year olds.

This really annoyed me yesterday. Our backup QB was throwing to our 3rd string TE.

Running up the score? More like getting Flynn his first reps of the season.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
If I were Pete, I'd make Breno wear the most annoying, high intensity/volume hearing aids that man has designed... such that when the whistle blows, he'd be momentarily paralyzed by the sound.

With all of his motor skills de-energized, he'd immediately fall to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

In three seconds or less, he'd be able to pick himself up off the ground and hustle back to the huddle.

No more late hits for Breno. Yep, I think that would help.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
volsunghawk":jblcx9re said:
Giacomini might be a better overall lineman than Incognito, sure, but that "nasty" that he is already known for has already hurt the team before. And his reputation means that officials will look for that from him before anyone else. Enough penalties for being "nasty" will turn pretty damn quickly into "dumb."

It's one thing to get a 15-yard penalty in a blowout like yesterday. It's another thing entirely when the game is close and every 1st down matters (like in MOST of our games).

That is the difference, they are not dumb. They are not I get a false start every 10th play, or holding and shoving a guy away from the ball, or fighting and grabbing a face mask with the game on the line. He is just playing tough hard football through the whistle. He pushes people from the fringe of the pile and pushes the pile. He helps make that great run vs the eagles and he helps make the 2 yard gain a 6 yard gain.