Rams Draft

Rambitious

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":8iygpzx0 said:
I'm not psychic, I'm just making a prediction which may be wrong. I seriously am wondering how many more years half of the Rams fan base plans to give Bradford a pass for, though. He's starting his fifth freaking year in the NFL, and he's still giving the world gems such as this:

811357057.gif

True, but I recall that game and honestly I put a lot of that on our three yards and a cloud of dust O coordinator. No imagination at all.

But truthfully, if he gets support this year and does not produce, then you have to look at that position. You just have to. I mean I could be wrong on Bradford too, I just feel he has not really been given a fair chance at success in the NFL. I blame the Rams for that.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rambitious":3h461wyp said:
RolandDeschain":3h461wyp said:
I'm not psychic, I'm just making a prediction which may be wrong. I seriously am wondering how many more years half of the Rams fan base plans to give Bradford a pass for, though. He's starting his fifth freaking year in the NFL, and he's still giving the world gems such as this:

True, but I recall that game and honestly I put a lot of that on our three yards and a cloud of dust O coordinator. No imagination at all.

But truthfully, if he gets support this year and does not produce, then you have to look at that position. You just have to. I mean I could be wrong on Bradford too, I just feel he has not really been given a fair chance at success in the NFL. I blame the Rams for that.

Hi Rambitious. At least you seem like a reasonable B supporter. Many are insane and would've responded to Ro with a ton of stats about B's brilliance.

I am of the idea that this is year five. I don't agree with you on the excuses, but I would be very happy to see him perform like a leader with attitude and ability to drive this team this year.

Though Clemons is a lessor talent, he showed an ability to lead our team last year that impressed me. B not only needs to perform, he needs to show some of that.

Either way, I feel the B experiment is over this year. He is, or he is not. We can move forward one way or the other.

themunn

Reaction score
Bradford has steadily improved each year he's been in the league, with the exception of 2011 where he was nursing an ankle injury for a lot of the year.

I would say their best option is to go O-Line and WR - their defense is already pretty stout.
The idea of the Browns trading both of their first round picks is a frightening one though - Houston are 100% going with a QB, Cleveland would also be going with a QB, leaving Jacksonville ahead of them... probably either taking a QB or Mack, though maybe taking Clowney, leaving the Rams with their choice of Robinson, Watkins and Clowney - ie. one of the players they would probably take anyway, but now they can also pick 26th - so they probably go OL with pick 4, safety with pick 13 and WR with pick 26.

Then they've addressed their biggest weaknesses (depending on how you feel about Bradford)

Rambitious

Reaction score
themunn":3j88m1rn said:
Bradford has steadily improved each year he's been in the league, with the exception of 2011 where he was nursing an ankle injury for a lot of the year.

I would say their best option is to go O-Line and WR - their defense is already pretty stout.
The idea of the Browns trading both of their first round picks is a frightening one though - Houston are 100% going with a QB, Cleveland would also be going with a QB, leaving Jacksonville ahead of them... probably either taking a QB or Mack, though maybe taking Clowney, leaving the Rams with their choice of Robinson, Watkins and Clowney - ie. one of the players they would probably take anyway, but now they can also pick 26th - so they probably go OL with pick 4, safety with pick 13 and WR with pick 26.

Then they've addressed their biggest weaknesses (depending on how you feel about Bradford)

IMHO you have a good take on the situation.
Although I keep hearing that the Rams really like Mack as well. Which may make the idea of trading down more likely.
I'm reading that they think Mack is a better "all around" football player and gives them more versatility as to his use vs Clowney, who is a pure DE pass rusher only. So I could see (via a Browns trade) taking Mack (if he's there) with pick 4, then later possibly trading up for a premiere OT (or taking who -at OT-is available at pick 13) then picking a safety at 26.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
This would scare me the most:

#2 Glenn Robinson (RT)
#13 Anthony Barr (OLB)

Or

#2 Kahlil Mack (OLB)
#13 Taylor Lewan (RT)

They still could pick up a big WR in the 2nd and a solid QB prospect like a Mccaron, Mettenburger, or Murray in the 3rd or 4th.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I want them to draft the eventual busts of the draft like Bridgewater and Anthony Barr. I don't think they're going to blow the second pick when they take Robinson, but since they'll still be middling to suck under center, it'll be GREAT.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Rambitious":24ax9r1f said:
Lady Talon":24ax9r1f said:
they'll probably take Clowney and invent the 4 DE defensive line. If Bradford disappoints again, they can have Legatron walk on his hands and use his leg to get the ball down field to Cook and Austin. Could be frightening.

IMHO Bradford will be fine.

The Rams (for a change) need to give him some support. They appear to be making some slow progress there.

Hard for a QB to have a good career when he has lead the league in sacks and hits and his WR's lead the league in drops. Bradford can't block for his line and catch for his WR's too.

We said the same thing when we were in denial that Hasselbeck didn't fall off like Big Mac toppings, difference is Bradford wasn't even on to fall off, dude sucks.

RedAlice

Reaction score
There is no sense discussing B right now. There is nothing and I mean NOTHING left to say that a Rams' fan on this side or the other has not said. He needs to put up and show us his play, or not. End.

Sad, but this article is accurate and Shotty is just as much to blame.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/4/28/ ... -nfl-draft

"All Mike Tanier at Sports on Earth wanted to do was to explore the question of whether or not the Rams should draft a quarterback next week. To do that, he started by taking a closer look at Sam Bradford. And that forced a longer look at Brian Schottenheimer's offense. What he found was ugly and mostly hopeless."

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RedAlice":187q4guf said:
There is no sense discussing B right now. There is nothing and I mean NOTHING left to say that a Rams' fan on this side or the other has not said. He needs to put up and show us his play, or not. End.

Sad, but this article is accurate and Shotty is just as much to blame.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/4/28/ ... -nfl-draft

"All Mike Tanier at Sports on Earth wanted to do was to explore the question of whether or not the Rams should draft a quarterback next week. To do that, he started by taking a closer look at Sam Bradford. And that forced a longer look at Brian Schottenheimer's offense. What he found was ugly and mostly hopeless."
I thought it was a good article.
To me, nothing spells doom for the Rams more than the clear fact that inside the 10, Schottenheimer is allergic to the run.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Good article Alice. Like you say this is a make or break year for Bradford anyway regardless of the playbook or whatever other factors. It would really help if he could remain healthy but he really hasn't not even at Oklahoma.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
DavidSeven":116ix3ek said:
It still amazes me that Washington ended up with the second worst record in the NFL despite having almost nothing to gain by tanking. What a franchise.
The cheapskate owner went cheap with the turf and got his franchise qb hurt.

Latest posts