Rams Draft

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":2c23l1vq said:
Hawk Strap":2c23l1vq said:
RedAlice":2c23l1vq said:
loafoftatupu":2c23l1vq said:
We need Bradford in STL. He is one of the single most effective weapons we have against STL. Ahmad Brooks is probably freaking out right now. "No.. NO..not another one".

You get your wish. It was made LOUD and CLEAR in St. Louis last night at the season ticket holder pre-draft event thingy. B was brought up on stage, vids of him. He is the guy. Here we go 2014.

I will have to hope he figures it out and does something this year. No other option.

Fart

Now. There must've been days, if you are a true Hawk fan when you did not like how your team was, but you still loved them. No?
Or have you forgotten that now that you are a good solid winning team? You becoming like the Niners?
Alice, that's a bit over the top now. I just said I love your draft....

OrFan

Reaction score
I can feel for the real Ram fans, but I still like to laugh at them because of their coach and some of the fans that come on here puffing out their chest and asking who can cover their receivers?! I still laugh out loud at that one.

They are like a boat that has been under restoration forever. They got pretty new oars, nice seats, a new finish, just about everything needed. The only problem is they forgot all about the huge Bradford hole in the bottom.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":kw4jfxwl said:
Yeah, but you were being facetious and insulting, haha. (Which I approve of, but come on; don't pretend otherwise.)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3dbyg6uz said:
MizzouHawkGal":3dbyg6uz said:
Yeah, but you were being facetious and insulting, haha. (Which I approve of, but come on; don't pretend otherwise.)
I'm a Seahawk fan on a Seahawk board. It's required that I be facetious and insulting to Ram fans. Especially if I do it nicely.:)

JZ#1

Reaction score
Rams had a good first round but they MUST get a QB of the future. I would of taken Bortles @ 2 or at least traded up for Bridgewater.

The Rams are seriously a QB and a big bodied receiver away from being legit. And there defense alone might win them some games this year. However, without a good QB and another good WR, they won't be any better than average.

Its not too late though. They could still land Carr or another QB with pretty decent potential. If I was a Rams fans, expect to lose a lot of games while holding the opponent to less than 20 points.

The Rams are the new Jets.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think the Rams got a great player in Donald, but at some point, you have to wonder about the law of diminishing returns. Their D-Line in nickel situations was already one of the best in the NFL. That line really couldn't play any better against our OL than they have over the past two seasons. So maybe Donald gets a sack on Russell where Quinn or Long would've gotten one instead. I'd be more concerned if they got a legitimate QB or a playmaker at basically any other position on D or O.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It's like us drafting a CB or FS/SS with a 1st round pick. That defense was already legit but they have nothing on offense and Bradford. It's just silly.

JZ#1

Reaction score
I met Rich Eisen and Roger Godell yesterday and will be attending Day 2 and 3 as well :)

Believe it or not there are more Dolphins and Browns fans than any other non-new york team.

RedAlice

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2wr2qnfz said:
RedAlice":2wr2qnfz said:
Hawk Strap":2wr2qnfz said:
RedAlice":2wr2qnfz said:
You get your wish. It was made LOUD and CLEAR in St. Louis last night at the season ticket holder pre-draft event thingy. B was brought up on stage, vids of him. He is the guy. Here we go 2014.

I will have to hope he figures it out and does something this year. No other option.

Fart

Now. There must've been days, if you are a true Hawk fan when you did not like how your team was, but you still loved them. No?
Or have you forgotten that now that you are a good solid winning team? You becoming like the Niners?

Beautiful darling, I was answering Strap, not you. As to you loving our draft, well I already acknowledged we kept B. To the sadness of Rams fans everywhere Fisher has made this clear to us: eat your vegetables, you are not getting any dessert.

RedAlice

Reaction score
JZ#1":3ms6ehyf said:
Rams had a good first round but they MUST get a QB of the future. I would of taken Bortles @ 2 or at least traded up for Bridgewater.

The Rams are seriously a QB and a big bodied receiver away from being legit. And there defense alone might win them some games this year. However, without a good QB and another good WR, they won't be any better than average.

Its not too late though. They could still land Carr or another QB with pretty decent potential. If I was a Rams fans, expect to lose a lot of games while holding the opponent to less than 20 points.

The Rams are the new Jets.

Agree with this. To be honest, I am still trying with all my endurance to process the pre-draft season ticket holders meeting where FIsher pretty much made out Bradford to be a rockstar, like Mick Jagger. i've seen Mick Jagger in concert recently - he's more nimble than Bradford even at his old age.

Based on this, today's draft was good. Now, I guess we will see if B is any good this year.

I expect Rams to take a QB w one of the next 3 picks, hopefully a good one. We do have Shaun Hill you know. He's better than Clemons. Yay.

Jac

Reaction score
In any event, at least the Griffin bonanza is finally over. I was afraid they'd be able to package that #2 and get another first rounder next year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The rams have enough talent to win the west.

A better oc would be a way to max that talent.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Alice, it's nothing personal.

The Rams had a good draft.

You have two of the top 13 picks, it's easy to have a good draft.

What gives me gas, was last year after the draft (Rams with top picks, again) we had asshat Rams fans coming in here and asking how we were going to cover your receivers. Again, how was the best secondary in football going to cover your new draft picks. Fart.

Then after watching the way your team handled themselves in the game at Seattle, I have no shits to give.

Reach .500, get out of last place in the division.

Double farts

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2v7uunqn said:
The rams have enough talent to win the west.

I see where you are coming from, but I scoff at this. I think 52 players on a roster make up maybe half of a teams talent. Maybe a lot less than half, in extreme cases like say, the Denver Broncos.

Though Wilson may only throw 25 passes a game, he is probably responsible for almost half our wins.

I do not think Bradford is a WR or an OC away from being an asset. I am beyond relieved to see them foolishly pass on Manziel, twice.

That Rams defense is overachieving if anything, it has been so good with players who are mostly outperforming their draft projections. So impressive, and yet... it took a late season surge to hit 7-9. Again.

I buy into the idea of building a nest for the QB, but the Rams reached that point a couple years ago and have been spinning their wheels since.

Donald was a good pick, Robinson might turn out to be a good pick. But regardless, nothing the Rams did really moved the needle much. Barring a revelation over the next two days, the Rams will be the same old rams again in 2014. A pain in the ass, but not a contender.