Raiders signed Aldon Smith to a 1 year deal

Exittium

Reaction score
Marvin49":2ly8xlgo said:
ringless":2ly8xlgo said:
Now they all want him suspended lol. Change of tune I see

Correct...many want him suspended NOW so that it's behind him when he's a free agent next year.

Of because the league and everyone else doesn't want to see half the AFC's statue QBs get murdered.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Exittium":2nmbwry7 said:
Of because the league and everyone else doesn't want to see half the AFC's statue QBs get murdered.

Khalil Mack and Aldon Smith pose a formidable pass rushing combination for the Raiders-- at least until he is suspended, if he is suspended.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/642372503214493696[/tweet]

Aldon doesn't know it yet, but this is the man that's going to turn his life around. Wish he was still back in Seattle.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I've got your back, Marvin!

hawknation2015":1qt2y7w2 said:
JMO, ringless is 1000x the poster of any Whiner on this board.

Nuh uh!

Laloosh

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1vqefxp8 said:
We are talking about the sexual molestation of an unconscious person.
:34853_doh:

I was having a little fun at the expense of Marvin and Ringless. You just took it to defcon 1 though. Ease up there, chief. This is about Aldon Smith, not Marvin or Ahmad Brooks.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Laloosh":2fb3ota7 said:
hawknation2015":2fb3ota7 said:
Hy0p3yd
We are talking about the sexual molestation of an unconscious person.
:34853_doh:

I was having a little fun at the expense of Marvin and Ringless. You just took it to defcon 1 though. Ease up there, chief. This is about Aldon Smith, not Marvin or Ahmad Brooks.

That post was in the recent Aldon Smith discussion on the Denial Zone. And you just know if they had kept Aldon again and ditched Brooks, Marvin would have been saying "All Aldon did was get drunk! Brooks molested an unconscious woman!"

It shows the spinmaster at work. :th2thumbs:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Oops, sorry for starting this firestorm guys. Eek.

Anyhoo, HawkNation:

"Everyone" meaning "now they all want him suspended", with "they all" being one person in the previous four pages of the thread after ringless posted. "They all" were instead lamenting how much went wrong with Aldon, criticizing the FO for cutting him, saying staying in the Bay Area might not be the best for him, having a laugh about how he has to because of an ankle bracelet, saying it was a good signing for the Raiders, wishing him the best, etc.

In any case, I was criticizing ringless for dragging down the level of the convo, but in the process of doing so I'm the one who unwittingly dragged it down. That's my fault.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I hope Aldon gets it all turned around. I have a soft spot for the RAIDERS. Go figure.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
This thread is pure entertainment. Go get em hawknation

Laloosh

Reaction score
Why do I keep seeing this on Niner forums these days?

9T1kgIr

hawknation2015

Reaction score
tempMAC_53772--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

rjdriver

Reaction score
At first I thought it tragic that he should go to the Raiders. He needs a fresh start in a smaller market team with less influence and acquaintances and more supervision (I understand he's a grown man). I thought the Packers, Chiefs, Bills might be good fits for him......

Then I remembered Ken Norton.......

It just may work. It exactly what he needs.

massari

Reaction score
chris98251":3ofa15ht said:
massari":3ofa15ht said:
ivotuk":3ofa15ht said:
If he gets drunk and runs over someone's kids, they need to sue the Raiders and the NFL.

I can tell you're American.

How so, does other parts of the world treat kids hit by a car as road kill and take home for dinner?

I'd be all for suing Aldon Smith but WTF do the Raiders and NFL have to do with his drinking problems/DUI to warrant being sued?

If a RE/MAX real estate agent kills someone while DUI coming home from a bar, would RE/MAX get sued aswell?

It seems most in America are like "ivotuk" and file the most ridiculous lawsuits.

massari

Reaction score
I'm actually jealous the Raiders got him but am still holding out for the possibility the Hawks can sign him/afford him this offseason to replace Irvin.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
There is a bit of an EFF the Niners vibe to their players who sign elsewhere. It seems the org is an unhappy place.

THere is a middle ground here. Smith did rely on Justin to help him get one on ones. The Raiders will have to be creative to do the same thing, but Mack is good enough to give Aldon one on ones.

I would prefer the Raiders incentive him for total tackles as well, I have always thought his flow to the ball sufferes when he realizes there is no sack to be had.

And I hope he gets his shit together off the field. But I doubt he does.