Question for the women on this board... Marshawn Lynch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wee-Bey

Reaction score
Lots of racist undertones in this thread. Stay classy.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":d5ngu4us said:
Marshawn is extremely sexy. That's why I have his fathead on the ceiling above my bed. $100 and worth every red cent.

He's okay, might be sexy to your filthy PDX standards, but Russ is easily the dreamiest man to ever grace this franchise, Kam is 2nd.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Wee-Bey":1ta5uln0 said:

Seems like your situation is more of a seek and yee shall find kind of thing more than anything else. I didn't read every post, but that seems like a reach.

Wee-Bey

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1a38z7hx said:
Wee-Bey":1a38z7hx said:

Seems like your situation is more of a seek and yee shall find kind of thing more than anything else.

I compared him to a thug on the basis of dreads, tattoos, and... what exactly? And the "jail house" tattoos his girlfriend wears, not offensive at all.

and this gem:

that he doesn't seem to me to be the marrying type... I just figured he ravishes whatever chick throws herself his way, like some kinda animal...

Im sure he'd appreciate his sexuality being compared to that of an animal.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Don't make us move this somewhere it'll die, guys. If you have issues with some things said go to a mod por favor.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Wee-Bey":291isnv3 said:
vin.couve12":291isnv3 said:
Wee-Bey":291isnv3 said:

Seems like your situation is more of a seek and yee shall find kind of thing more than anything else.

I compared him to a thug on the basis of dreads, tattoos, and... what exactly? The "jail house" tattoos his girlfriend wears, not offensive at all.

and this gem:

that he doesn't seem to me to be the marrying type... I just figured he ravishes whatever chick throws herself his way, like some kinda animal...

Not at all problematic.

The first one seems more classist than racist and the second one seems more like a misperception of the "beast" persona than race.

Again, this is about people's perceptions of Marshawn and not race. For instance, these same people probably wouldn't say the same thing about AP. He's much more clean cut.

I don't know, man. I'm white and I can relate a lot to what Marshawn says and how he thinks about things. I think the two comments you point in particular are probably just people who've been well off and don't know a damn thing about the real world. I mean the real one that's not all Starbucks and Hawks games.

Wee-Bey

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2mlcacfj said:
The first one seems more classist than racist and the second one seems more like a misperception of the "beast" persona than race.

Again, this is about people's perceptions of Marshawn and not race. For instance, these same people probably wouldn't say the same thing about AP. He's much more clean cut.

I don't know, man. I'm white and I can relate a lot to what Marshawn says and how he thinks about things. I think the two comments you point in particular are probably just people who've been well off and don't know a damn thing about the real world. I mean the real one that's not all Starbucks and Hawks games.

You implied I was looking for something that wasn't there, I simply provided evidence to show otherwise. Im not going to get into it too much, but as I said, people need to be more conscious of what they post.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Throwdown":1j5ck44q said:
Don't make us move this somewhere it'll die, guys. If you have issues with some things said go to a mod por favor.
[sigh] Agreed. It's not PC enough the UBER MASSIVE PC-NESS.

Wee-Bey

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1pu8adwr said:
Throwdown":1pu8adwr said:

It has nothing to do with being politically correct, and everything to do with people being too reliant on racist stereotypes. If you're comfortable being so insensitive, Im all for closing the thread.

The Radish

Reaction score
Wee-Bey":1fpopjlo said:
vin.couve12":1fpopjlo said:

You implied I was looking for something that wasn't there, I simply provided evidence to show otherwise. Im not going to get into it too much, but as I said, people need to be more conscious of what they post.

Ok in this instance I think people need to be more concious of what they read into a post.

:141847_bnono:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Wee-Bey":1vp0zyup said:
vin.couve12":1vp0zyup said:
Throwdown":1vp0zyup said:

It has nothing to do with being politically correct, and everything to do with people being too reliant on racist stereotypes. If you're comfortable being so insensitive, Im all for closing the thread.
These days PC means that there can be no disagreement even in words made of zeros and ones, apparently. And being comfortably insensitive is inaccurate. I just disagree the people SHOULDN'T talk about things.

That said, I'm not allowed to disagree with your premise or the thread gets closed. It's pathetic and I'm out....

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3jn2p50t said:
"Can any good thing come out of Oakland?"

I hope so.....I was born there.....a long, long time ago. :shock:

Me too.

:stirthepot:

jkitsune

Reaction score
BlueThunder":gzoqe18d said:
Seahwkgal":gzoqe18d said:
I really am too old to answer this question.
He's too young and ugly for me to consider such a thought. Alpha males are appealing to many women but I honestly have never been attracted to men that are nasty looking. Handsome bad boys, yeah, but never ugly ones in my case.

I guess I feel "ugly" is such a strong word. Is he really ugly from a female stance? I think most Seahawks fan "GUYS" think he's "Cool" looking. Especially when you throw in the LYNCH name, which is beyond awesome for a football player... lol.

My wife thinks he's easily the ugliest guy on our team not named McQuistan.

Crabhawk

Reaction score
Girl here (close-ish to Marshawn's age). Can confirm, Marshawn Lynch does have a hotness factor. It's something to do with his imperfections and his humanity in it. I like how he takes care of his neighborhood and his loyalty. Those are great features in a guy. I don't find him unattractive, but I also wouldn't classify him as my "type", aside from being athletic. The two turn offs for me would be his choice in baby mamma and the Lambo. Weird, I know, but there it is.

For the rest of the team, Earl (by far) has the best style. Every time I see him in a suit, I'm like, damn............ "Sweaty" Kam Chancellor is who I would classify as the most classically handsome, but he needs to get his sweat problem under control; guy was shedding buckets in the post game interviews last week :shock: Best husband material would be Russell (duh). Best smile goes to DB. And for "cute" I'd say Luke Willson and Malcom Smith.

There, I've done it. I've turned .net into the Seahawks version of Tiger Beat.

A question for the gents now. Why is the reaction when a player's wife/gf is not 8+/10 something along the lines of "he could have done so much better...", but when the wife/gf is 8+/10 the reaction is "gold digger..."? Seems like an impossible situation. I never understood that.

Status
Not open for further replies.