QBs not important here ?

xray

Reaction score
Tennessee , Detroit , New Orleans , LA Rams , Las Vegas , AZ , Cleveland , Green Bay , Minnesota , Philadelphia , & the LA Chargers all drafted QBs in the 1st 150 selections last spring . They all already had a starter QB . With two 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks ; the Hawks could of likely landed a QB ; but didn't even try . Did Schneider & Carroll actually believe that Smith & Lock were the best QBs they could possibly have for now and the near future ?

bileever

Reaction score
I'm sure they had quarterbacks on their board, but it's a question of whether they were available when it was their turn to pick. Like if Young or Richardson fell to #5, or maybe they would have taken Levis at #37. I know a lot of teams had Aidan O'Connell on their board, but they were probably hoping for a Brock Purdy-type steal in the seventh round.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
2022 was a historically bad QB class.

2023 had all 3 good QB prospects go before pick 5 and a division rival had Pick 3 and Houston blew the ceiling on the compensation to draft Will Anderson.

Thank god we didn’t force Will Levis who can’t beat out Tannehill or Malik Willis.

Can’t fault the Front Office for the draft not falling their way.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
While they evaluate everyone, they are not going to reach for a QB. Russell Wilson was the QB and he was a 3rd round pick. Tom Brady was a 6th round for the Patriots. He beat out Drew Bledsoe who was a #1 draft pick (Brady beat him out based on Bledsoe's injury). Just because you get someone in the top 10 or 1st round doesn't guarantee you a championship.

WarHawks

Reaction score
This upcoming class looks stacked. OR, WA, UCLA, etc. I hope they can find a future star to build around like they did with Wilson, because what we have now isn't going to get it done.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
This upcoming class looks stacked. OR, WA, UCLA, etc. I hope they can find a future star to build around like they did with Wilson, because what we have now isn't going to get it done.
100% My point . Complacency for that position doesn't cut it . imo

Latest posts