Pryor doesn't know how to catch

mikeak

Reaction score
He should stick to being a QB only. That should work out great for him

Sincerely,

Eric Crouch

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
It's amazing to me how differently we seem to view 7th rounders now as compared to just four or five years ago. Maybe it's just my own perspective, but under Ruskell and Holmgren/Mora, I basically assumed a 7th rounder would never make the team, and was a long-shot for the practice squad, even.

Now? PC/JS have made me believe that a 7th rounder could become a very capable backup or even a starter with our coaching.

This changes the way I look at the Pryor pick. If he doesn't stick around, I'm more disappointed in the results; at the same time, it's because I now believe our FO makes better choices about low-rounders and sees so much potential in each pick.

Of course, not everyone can make the final cut to 53...

Basis4day

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1cii2bwq said:

For purposes of this discussion this point needs to keep being repeated.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":gtktoorj said:
It's amazing to me how differently we seem to view 7th rounders now as compared to just four or five years ago. Maybe it's just my own perspective, but under Ruskell and Holmgren/Mora, I basically assumed a 7th rounder would never make the team, and was a long-shot for the practice squad, even.

Now? PC/JS have made me believe that a 7th rounder could become a very capable backup or even a starter with our coaching.

This changes the way I look at the Pryor pick. If he doesn't stick around, I'm more disappointed in the results; at the same time, it's because I now believe our FO makes better choices about low-rounders and sees so much potential in each pick.

I'm not even hung up on the 7th rounder, I'm just hung up on the why make the trade at all if your intention is purely for QB competition?

Makes perfect sense if your intention is to spend a couple years turning this guy into an multi-purpose WR/TE/H-back, etc.

But to try and beat out a VERY good backup who makes barely more than Pryor AND is a fantastic team leader? Head.Scratcher.

mikeak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1gzd5185 said:
Ad Hawk":1gzd5185 said:

I'm not even hung up on the 7th rounder, I'm just hung up on the why make the trade at all if your intention is purely for QB competition?

Makes perfect sense if your intention is to spend a couple years turning this guy into an multi-purpose WR/TE/H-back, etc.

But to try and beat out a VERY good backup who makes barely more than Pryor AND is a fantastic team leader? Head.Scratcher.

You just got a backup practice guy that can simulate Kaepernick and Cam Newton....... Do you guys not see the value of that? You can even take off the red jersey and not give a crap when he gets taken down by LOB.

RW can be working on red zone schemes with the WRs while the defense still is chasing a running qb around on the other side of the field..

So what did you give up? People keep saying it was a 7th rounder. It was 2 picks from UDFA guys......... There is a decent difference between that 7th round pick and the 7th round pick of lets say Atlanta Falcons

Latest posts