Michael Bennett 'would love' to finish his career in Seattle

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
toffee":1y4geo71 said:
Let’s just assume for the same $$, who would you pick to sign: Bennett or Irvin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had to choose, Irvin. He's probably got more in the tank and fills our VERY immediate need of an edge rusher.

But like I said, you could get both Irvin and Bennett for less than 10M a year on one year contracts........and both have expressed great interest in coming back. I also think both would help add some physicality and edge back into this defense.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The fact that Bennett would wish to return says more about the team--it's philosophy, culture, and coaching staff--than it does about our need for his services or his own desires. He didn't leave here on the best of terms, it seems; but that didn't close the door permanently.

This team has become a destination for players. That's exciting. You don't hear such things about the Dolphins or (for much of the past) the Browns.

As far as him returning to wear Seahawks Blue and Green, if he can contribute on the field and support the team, I'd be in favor. As for finishing his career? Well... does that mean one year? five? Hard to say how that wish would work out.

Seymour

Reaction score
Ridiculous! He admitted to reading books in meetings and Pete's message was stale. Add that to his age and I'll take a hard pass. He is not the one to teach the young guys his lazy and controversial ways! :pukeface: :141847_bnono: :177692:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Management got rid of him for a reason. Why would they bring back a guy that they considered bad for the team?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3i0iv642 said:
Management got rid of him for a reason. Why would they bring back a guy that they considered bad for the team?

Because they need a versatile player like Bennett that can still play, play all up and down the line.........AND to mentor guys like Collier.

That's why. Ask Frank Clark what one of the biggest factors were in him developing into one of the league's premiere pass rushers, and he'll tell you learning from guys like Avril and Bennett.

That kind of veteran teacher shouldn't be minimized, especially for a guy that can still play, contribute and is desperately needed.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3qr2b73u said:
oldhawkfan":3qr2b73u said:

Because they need a versatile player like Bennett that can still play, play all up and down the line.........AND to mentor guys like Collier.....

They shipped him out because he was a problem child and no longer bought in! His contract was cheap and they still did it. Does that not tell you a thing? Now he learned how well he had it here and wants back....booo-who!!! :roll:

Sure, lets invite the virus back into the locker room and "contain it".....all will be good. :pukeface:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ckaa5q9x said:
oldhawkfan":ckaa5q9x said:

Because they need a versatile player like Bennett that can still play, play all up and down the line.........AND to mentor guys like Collier.

That's why. Ask Frank Clark what one of the biggest factors were in him developing into one of the league's premiere pass rushers, and he'll tell you learning from guys like Avril and Bennett.

That kind of veteran teacher shouldn't be minimized, especially for a guy that can still play, contribute and is desperately needed.

Avril I will buy into. The only thing Bennet will teach the young guys is that its ok to read a book during meetings and always question the coaches. He has been on 4 teams the last 3 years. That tells me enough right there.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Hard pass. I get nostalgic for players all the time but when he left it was a relief to see him go. The drama on the team dropped and the chemistry seems back to a pete type team. I don't want these diva me me me guys. I'll take a Gordon working thru issues yet a good team guy over drama queens any day.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":198f7yjx said:
Sgt. Largent":198f7yjx said:
oldhawkfan":198f7yjx said:

Because they need a versatile player like Bennett that can still play, play all up and down the line.........AND to mentor guys like Collier.....

They shipped him out because he was a problem child and no longer bought in! His contract was cheap and they still did it. Does that not tell you a thing? Now he learned how well he had it here and wants back....booo-who!!! :roll:

Sure, lets invite the virus back into the locker room and "contain it".....all will be good. :pukeface:

That's the contractual beauty of bringing in a guy like Bennett who now has to play on one year incentive laden deals, he has to behave.

If he doesn't, he's gone......and for as big of a pain in the ass as he was, I really don't think he'd be an issue. He knows this isn't his team or locker room anymore.

RW4LIFE

Reaction score
NOPE.

He was one of the poison pills back when the team was imploding behind the scenes 24/7.

The only way I'd support it is if Russ tells the team to bring him in on because Russ knows what we need more than Pete C, etc.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Bringing Bennett back is like have a hot wife or girlfriend who gets the job done for you but then starts trashing you and backstabbing you. No matter how good the sex is, she is just a bi+€# and not really good for your life or well being. You dump her and both of you seem to be relieved to be rid of each other. A couple years go by and she has systematically been kicked out of 3 other guys beds and decides that she wants you to forgive her and that she will now be good for you. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. If we are looking at bringing back former DEs, I’ll take Jacob Green. The Bennett ship has sailed. Not much left in the tank, never was a team first type of leader, no thanks!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It's quite possible that he's learned the grass isn't always greener, and that Seattle was better to him than he originally appreciated.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
He has skills...wonder if he can teach people how to read, write, and rithmatick. :sarcasm_off:

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Thank you for your service but do not come back. I'd recommend he go to a team I don't like.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":29e3g5ze said:
Bringing Bennett back is like have a hot wife or girlfriend who gets the job done for you but then starts trashing you and backstabbing you. No matter how good the $ex is, she is just a bi+€# and not really good for your life or well being. You dump her and both of you seem to be relieved to be rid of each other. A couple years go by and she has systematically been kicked out of 3 other guys beds and decides that she wants you to forgive her and that she will now be good for you.!

Yeah but what's wrong with a one year booty call.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3jiojmkf said:
oldhawkfan":3jiojmkf said:
Bringing Bennett back is like have a hot wife or girlfriend who gets the job done for you but then starts trashing you and backstabbing you. No matter how good the $ex is, she is just a bi+€# and not really good for your life or well being. You dump her and both of you seem to be relieved to be rid of each other. A couple years go by and she has systematically been kicked out of 3 other guys beds and decides that she wants you to forgive her and that she will now be good for you.!

For discussion lets say you have sex daily for 1 hour per day. So you get 4% pleasure and put up with 96% horse shit for that pleasure each day.

That is what is wrong with it (assuming you don't use duct tape to deal with it).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2e06fdnq said:
Sgt. Largent":2e06fdnq said:
oldhawkfan":2e06fdnq said:

For discussion lets say you have $ex daily for 1 hour per day. So you get 4% pleasure and put up with 96% horse $h!t for that pleasure each day.

That is what is wrong with it (assuming you don't use duct tape to deal with it).

What if the sex is REALLY good though, and worth the crazy.

I'm not sold on Bennett, I'm just saying if we strike out with most or even all of the better FA and trade partners to get a couple frontline DE's? Could do worse than bringing Bennett back, like I said I think he'd behave, if that's what you're worried about.

All his pain in the ass partners in crime are gone, this is not his locker room anymore.

Latest posts