Michael Bennett 'would love' to finish his career in Seattle

Seahawks4life

Reaction score
"I would love to end my career in Seattle," he said, via NBC Sports Northwest. "It's not up to you, though. It's up to the team."

"My time in Seattle was great because I didn't just grow as a player, I grew as a man, and I grew as an individual. I could never say anything bad about Seattle," Bennett said. "I feel like Seattle was such a great part of my life. I'm so thankful for the city."

As he pointed out, he'd also be a useful addition as a mentor.
"I think it could be good," Bennett said. "It's always good to have a good veteran defender that can help young guys. A lot of guys have skill in the NFL, but a lot of them don't know how to study tape. Having a guy who knows how to study and could bring in some veteran leadership to go along with some great young talent, I would always think that's a good idea."

Full Article here https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-love-to-finish-his-career-with-the-seahawks/

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I have no problem with Bennett coming back, especially if he's open to it.

He'd be a great 30-40% snap rotation guy, and he didn't even make 3M last year. Bottom line, we need to fill at LEAST 3-4 D-line spots, so everyone concentrating on Clowney is fine, but it just starts there.............so why not bring back both Bennett and Irvin for less than 10M combined.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He still contributes on the field, and did last season. For low dough, I no problem bring him and/or Irvin back.
Hopefully IF he comes back, he'll keep his yapper shut a little more this time.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
To me if he could assure Pete he will obey Pete's #1 rule to protect the team, and not be a distraction I'd be OK with bringing him back. Price would be everything.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Man im torn tbh. I love Black Santa, but his antics and little snide comments wore me out. Just goes to show, sometimes you don't know what you exactly have and how good you got it til' you don't have it any longer.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
He was one of my favorite Seahawks and I still have his jersey. I'd be up for this especially if we don't keep Clowney.

chrispy

Reaction score
Has there ever been a contract incentive/disincentive tied to false starts?

xray

Reaction score
Bring Bennett , Irvin and Lynch back on the cheap ...could be helpful to a deeper run this post season . IMO

kf3339

Reaction score
If he kept his mouth shut and just played. Yes, for the right price. He could only help in a rotation.

rcaido

Reaction score
People who dont want him back is not for football reasons...

Love Bennett, he would have been perfect here last season.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
I loved his play during those championship seasons. That being said, I’m not of the mind of bringing him back. Thanks for the memories Micheal, but I hope the team is steering clear of this.

toffee

Reaction score
Let’s just assume for the same $$, who would you pick to sign: Bennett or Irvin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xray

Reaction score
rcaido":2ovkdude said:
People who dont want him back is not for football reasons...

Love Bennett, he would have been perfect here last season.

^^
I don't care about his mouth. I care about the 4 or more sacks he will bag . The haters will forget about why they don't like him after his 1st sack . IMO

Latest posts