Pete Carroll Doesn't Anticipate Coaching Changes

scutterhawk

Reaction score
James in PA":z48xf42v said:
I watched his season ending press conference and when he said “nothing to talk about,” he sort of hesitated just before he said it. I personally took it as there COULD be a change and he wasn’t trying to give away too much. Why not just say “no” without hesitation if he planned on keeping everyone on? Maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He undoubtedly hesitated because of the absurd, & insulting question being asked of him.
Why would he be any more talkative than Billycheat or any other PROVEN & successful Coach?
Everybody, KNOWS that Clowney was playing with a core injury ,and until they went out and acquired Diggs, the Defense was in dire need of help in the Secondary, AND, even WITH DIGGS, they were a hell of a long ways from having anything resembling the LOB back there.
The Run game went into the CRAPPER as soon as Carson & Penny went down, the numerous Offensive Line injuries and yet they still managed to get to the 2nd round of the post season, played a THIRTEEN & THREE Packers IN THEIR HOUSE, and only lose by 5 points, and people are calling for heads to roll? …$.crew that.
I swear to the tiki god that some Pete haters have unfixable & un-Coachable Learning Disabilities.

James in PA

Reaction score
I love Pete and hope he can be our HC as long as possible. I was not impressed with Norton however and wouldn’t mind seeing a change at DC. Our defensive stats in so many categories were embarrassing and unacceptable. I don’t think he got the most out of that group by any stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":at59t63u said:
Nobody remembers the '90s around here. Sure, just fire the most successful coach in team history and get a new one! Hell, they grow on trees, you can find them everywhere at a dime-a-dozen!

We remember the 90s. Watching the games on your rear projection TV, and driving to work in the mad bad totally rad Bronco II. Bag phones still work but may not be the best application.

Wilson won more games off script than coaching did on script. No Wilson is more detrimental than no Pete. Wilson picks himself off the turf a lot that is a recipe. Every year we seem to talk about injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BASF

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":rddm2b8i said:
xray":rddm2b8i said:
Tusc2000":rddm2b8i said:
xray":rddm2b8i said:
I think the term " coaching changes " has 2 meanings...the present staff remains much the same and the present scheme of coaching remains the same ...same old same old .

We were 10-2 and had the #1 seed before we lost our 3 RBs to injury, not to mention Diggs, our best DB. So sure, let's fire a bunch of coaches just to please a few crazies in the fan base. That makes all the sense in the world.
No changes = no SB appearances .

It's Pete's team, so changes = no SB appearances too. Because any change would be another Pete disciple or like minded coordinator that's running Pete's schemes and playbooks.

I have no problem with Norton or Schotty. IMO the reason we didn't make the SB this year was a talent and depth deficit, not scheme or coaching.

This was not a SB caliber defense, it just wasn't. That was on full display Sunday night in GB against a team that's going to get utterly destroyed in SF.

Spend 80% of our cap space and draft picks on defense. If that unit doesn't get younger, faster and stronger, next season is going to look a lot like this season.

Damn, I want to look to the sky and declare, Sokath, his eyes uncovered!

This team did not have the talent defensively to compete in the NFC Championship game or Super Bowl, especially with the injuries to Clowney and Diggs. What it did have was the coaches to get them there, but as we have seen repeatedly when a team has two weeks to prepare a game plan to attack the players in our scheme that can be exploited, those teams always have a three score lead after moving up and down the field against us before our coaches can adjust to what they are doing after halftime.

Offensively, without the injuries we definitely had the horses to compete with anybody in the conference, but I doubt we would do any better than the Texans did against KC if they get past the Titans.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Teams that win super bowls have health, coaching, and either a good QB or relentless pass rush.

We lacked at least 2 of those things.

So many things have to go right to win a SB. I think from a staff standpoint, our strength and conditioning coach needs to go and so does either the DL coach or Norton. Those were our areas of biggest failure.

We may like to think that GB is going to the NFCCG because they fired McCarthy but in reality they are going there because Rodgers, Jones, Adams, Graham, the Smith brothers, Clark were healthy. I think they were just missing an OT and CB from their normal starting lineup. The injury gods derail seasons frequently and blaming coaching in that setting is fan blindness.

You just have to look at our SB season. we walked into that game with a very healthy team and destroyed the Broncos who'd had some late injuries. We then lost two SB's walking in there with significant secondary injuries. Most other times we lost before the SB, we had injuries affecting key areas.

Next Man Up is a philosophy to keep people thinking positively when stars go down. But it's not a reality.

Latest posts