Problem between Russell and Doug??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kearly

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":sepqq8an said:
Doug was just speaking his mind about the subject of branding, look at his twitter responses now, people are quick to jump. Someone posted a small article on his twitter that Doug meets with his social media marketing team to discuss how to brand himself, they also told him to stop getting into discussions that ends up in an arguement. That didn't stop him as that would make him seem fake, the robotic part was taken out of context by a lot of people when he probably meant that he didn't want to be unemotional in his tweets.

I've given this a lot of thought, and I think it is certainly possible that Baldwin was not taking a shot at any one individual specifically, despite the pointed language and harsh judgements he makes against "some" people. Baldwin has always had that kind of edge to him and even when he doesn't have a target like Cris Carter for example, perhaps he feels most natural by creating a target in those situations, the "some" in his tweets. Maybe that's just how he relates ideas. I could kind of buy that. Especially since there is no good reason for him to attack RW.

But even in this scenario, Baldwin is still ripping the idea of building a brand by appearances and "robotic" methods. I could definitely see RW reading those tweets and feel that even if they weren't directed at him, they were directed at his way of doing things. It would only be natural for him to be offended, and the timing and nature of Wilson's tweets are pretty hard to explain otherwise.

I'm willing to give Baldwin the benefit of the doubt. But I think that he should probably be a little bit more careful about how he delivers his messages. Even if it is a misunderstanding, it's possible his tweets could be the reason that RW was pissed off all the same. He's not being clever, he needs to learn how to explain a concept without putting people down in the process, or else it could create unfortunate misunderstandings.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
kearly":18qul3kr said:
theincrediblesok":18qul3kr said:
Doug was just speaking his mind about the subject of branding, look at his twitter responses now, people are quick to jump. Someone posted a small article on his twitter that Doug meets with his social media marketing team to discuss how to brand himself, they also told him to stop getting into discussions that ends up in an arguement. That didn't stop him as that would make him seem fake, the robotic part was taken out of context by a lot of people when he probably meant that he didn't want to be unemotional in his tweets.

Why then the hateful tone in the tweets? And the allusions to "some." Maybe he's not talking about Wilson but it definitely sounds like he's talking about someone.

What about other people in general, could be businesses, could be other athletes in other sports. Could be he met his role model who happened to be fake with him when he was young.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
kearly":2ea8k2sc said:
theincrediblesok":2ea8k2sc said:

I've given this a lot of thought, and I think it is certainly possible that Baldwin was not taking a shot at any one individual specifically, despite the pointed language and harsh judgements he makes against "some" people. Baldwin has always had that kind of edge to him and even when he doesn't have a target like Cris Carter for example, perhaps he feels most natural by creating a target in those situations, the "some" in his tweets. Maybe that's just how he relates ideas. I could kind of buy that. Especially since there is no good reason for him to attack RW.

But even in this scenario, Baldwin is still ripping the idea of building a brand by appearances and "robotic" methods. I could definitely see RW reading those tweets and feel that even if they weren't directed at him, they were directed at his way of doing things. It would only be natural for him to be offended, and the timing and nature of Wilson's tweets are pretty hard to explain otherwise.

I'm willing to give Baldwin the benefit of the doubt. But I think that he should probably be a little bit more careful about how he delivers his messages. Even if it is a misunderstanding, it's possible his tweets could be the reason that RW was pissed off all the same. He's not being clever, he needs to learn how to explain a concept without putting people down in the process, or else it could create unfortunate misunderstandings.

This might of been what happened. Awhile back I entered in to design a logo because Russ was looking for one that could be used for his brand. Some designers chimed in on Russ that he shouldn't ask for a logo but instead pay for it. In the end he listen to those tweets because he never mention about that contest again. I can see Russ looking at Baldwin and thinking exactly how you explained it, or it never phased him and that tweet came in coincidence, I've seen another tweet that was just as short "ignore the noise." a day before baldwin's tweet.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I don't think this Baldwin's posts are aimed at anyone specifically and what he his referring to is his own philosphy.

Perhaps Wilson falls under this category but I feel everone knows Wilson is the genuine article in everything he does.

And what Baldwin his actually alluding to is himself, in that, he's not going to change who he is, hes going to be what he wants to be.

There are plenty of people on this Earth that will fake who they are, who are deceptive, who lie, cheat, steal, and manipulate in the name of capitalism.

But I don't think Baldwin thinks Wilson is that guy even though we know the picture he painted sounds like Wilson. And it comes down to is if you believe in Wilson to be the genuine article. And imo Wilson is who he is and who he wants to be.

So no I dont think Baldwin was taking a shot at Wilson but more or less standing up and stating his own philosphic beliefs in how he should market himself in that he's not going to fake who he is and create a false persona to market his brand like manyathletes, celebrities, business moguls have done throughout time and history to make a quick buck.

chris98251

Reaction score
I agree the Tate Ashton sounds legit, Seahawks front office probably knew they had to do something, the locker room would divide over this stuff and also Tate would be a guy that married guys would have an eye on in social aspects which could also lead to issues. Wilson came out made his one statement and said that would be the last comment. Everything else said now is speculation and is also why I don't think he responded to Tate either.

Baldwin is a smart guy, you don't throw your QB to the media no matter what kind of avenue and expect things to go well, they are professionals but they are also teammates and you have your guys back.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
chris98251":22ewfzy1 said:
I agree the Tate Ashton sounds legit, Seahawks front office probably knew they had to do something, the locker room would divide over this stuff and also Tate would be a guy that married guys would have an eye on in social aspects which could also lead to issues. Wilson came out made his one statement and said that would be the last comment. Everything else said no is speculation and is also why I don't think he responded to Tate either.

Baldwin is a smart guy, you don't throw your QB to the media no matter what kind of avenue and expect things to go well, they are professionals but they are also teammates and you have your guys back.

I dont think this is totally out of line. Thier relationship seemed very strained after Week 17. But I dont think if true it was as dire as it was, maybe Tate liked Ashton or whatever and it was mutual. But Tate and his girl are some kinky couple, and Tate brought up the idea of swapping and maybe Ashton wanted to explore her sexuality with girls. Or some ish like that.

And really the Divorce was really about Wilson letting Ashton go so she could be free and go explore her sexual curosity. It could be why Tate, his girl, and Ashton are still seemingly great friends but Wilson has put himself out of that loop and picture

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2yj9gda2 said:
chris98251":2yj9gda2 said:
I agree the Tate Ashton sounds legit, Seahawks front office probably knew they had to do something, the locker room would divide over this stuff and also Tate would be a guy that married guys would have an eye on in social aspects which could also lead to issues. Wilson came out made his one statement and said that would be the last comment. Everything else said no is speculation and is also why I don't think he responded to Tate either.

I dont think this is totally out of line. Thier relationship seemed very strained after Week 17. But I dont think if true it was as dire as it was, maybe Tate liked Ashton or whatever and it was mutual. But Tate and his girl are some kinky couple, and Tate brought up the idea of swapping and maybe Ashton wanted to explore her sexuality with girls. Or some ish like that.

And really the Divorce was really about Wilson letting Ashton go so she could be free and go explore her sexual curosity. It could be why Tate, his girl, and Ashton are still seemingly great friends but Wilson has put himself out of that loop and picture

Jeezuz.
Stop watching daytime TV.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":35jm072n said:
theincrediblesok":35jm072n said:

Dougie rants. It's what he does. Half his rants are fighting some paper lion, it reinforces his convictions and makes him feel like his code is strong. Good for him. I don't think he has any need to censor himself unless he gets a lot more personal than he has. Perhaps he needs to understand that his feelings are not that important to others, but this thread suggests they are way to important to some.

Just like Russ posts scriptures. Often about forgiveness. The use of a word like robotic might mean him, might not, and I don't care if it does or not. It won't affect what happens on the field, neither player is that kind of wimp.

NYCoug

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3tayngfa said:
Doug wasnt at the ESPYs. Thats clearly a sign.

Speaking of award shows... this thread has to be a nominee for the 'Worst Thread of the Year' award at the annual .Net awards, to be held in Aros' basement later this year, right? Date and time still to be determined, but this one's definitely got a strong chance to take home the award this year.

I'm going to act like none of this ever happened and I'll try not to use any of this against any of you at a future time. Whether on this message board, or in person, I promise. I understand, it's been a lonnnng off-season and everyone just wants to see the guys back out their on the field. In the mean time, enjoy yourselves and stop worrying about anything on twitter. Ever.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Fuzzman55":1dbei53n said:
I thought he was talking about Lebron. Don't be so mean, Doug. The letter to Cleveland was real!

This actually makes a lot of sense since Baldwin is a pretty big Heat fan... Except for the "robot" part though

The rest of the speculating and rumor-spreading is pretty juvenile IMO.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if he was talking about big russ. He doesn't have to love his QB. Russ has the leadership skills to make everyone fall in line.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3csxb2jk said:
Pandion Haliaetus":3csxb2jk said:
chris98251":3csxb2jk said:

Jeezuz.

Lol I dont even have cable if the world still calls it that. Nor internet othe than my phone and coffee shops. I was just entertaining that perhaps something did happen that wasnt in the realm of actual adultry, something Russ wasnt comfortable with and something that might of put a strain on his, Ashton and Tates relationship if what Gruber said had any slivers of truth to them.

And yes in my life experience and those of my closest friends, sexual curiosity is an odd but wild adventure that can ruin even the strongest of relationships and even weaken them through inquiry.

To share just a tad, my wife would never entertain the idea of a 3some even though shes somewhat attracted to girls bc it would challenge our dynamics. And since our marriage I stpped asking and understand that I would feel just has insecure if she wanted 2guys.

But yeah I do have an active imagination like I said in my Wilson thread I was pretty drunk earlier but still it wouldnt be out of line to believe that Ashton never cheated Russ and that he was just proposition ed with something that did make uncomfortable and did challenge the dynamics of both Ash and Tate.

Just sayin. Just thinking outside of the box.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A lot of time wasted speculating about any of this. I just remember being told that I "think I'm better than everyone" because I have never used Twitter. :th2thumbs:
That was pretty funny.

Cartire

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1w590mcd said:
chris98251":1w590mcd said:

What did you just read.... this is screenplay ready.

Cartire

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":m52mct4q said:
Scottemojo":m52mct4q said:
Pandion Haliaetus":m52mct4q said:
chris98251":m52mct4q said:

Jeezuz.

Lol I dont even have cable if the world still calls it that. Nor internet othe than my phone and coffee shops. I was just entertaining that perhaps something did happen that wasnt in the realm of actual adultry, something Russ wasnt comfortable with and something that might of put a strain on his, Ashton and Tates relationship if what Gruber said had any slivers of truth to them.

And yes in my life experience and those of my closest friends, sexual curiosity is an odd but wild adventure that can ruin even the strongest of relationships and even weaken them through inquiry.

To share just a tad, my wife would never entertain the idea of a 3some even though shes somewhat attracted to girls bc it would challenge our dynamics. And since our marriage I stpped asking and understand that I would feel just has insecure if she wanted 2guys.

But yeah I do have an active imagination like I said in my Wilson thread I was pretty drunk earlier but still it wouldnt be out of line to believe that Ashton never cheated Russ and that he was just proposition ed with something that did make uncomfortable and did challenge the dynamics of both Ash and Tate.

Just sayin. Just thinking outside of the box.

Dude.... Strong Christians dont get divorced over uncomfortable propositions.

Status
Not open for further replies.