Problem between Russell and Doug??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Whether or not here are any truth to all of these wild speculations, I would guess management is aware and will need to get involved before it blows up. One WR was already sent down the road to prevent dissension, another could be on the way, if there is any truth to the rumors. If these guys do have a problem with each other, others in the locker room will begin to take sides and we don't need a split locker room. I'm sure the FO is well aware of this speculation and will bring a quick end to it, one way or another.
Everyone's efforts should be 100% focused on the coming season and not on petty squabbles.
Because athletes are talented, famous and wealthy, we tend to forget they are also immature youth, very few are out of their 20's. In no way is a mid 20's person, athlete of not, to be consider a mature adult. Most talented athletes have had their butts kissed since jr high school and have no idea about the realities of life.
Let's get back to football.....

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
The most confusing trend I see around here is when people chime in on a thread with a derogatory comment about how foolish, lame, drunk, or boring the posters involved are, or how the thread just plain sucks. (The weirdest ones are those disparaging social media en masse... while posting on a social media site.) When you're out and about do you wander into people's conversations just to tell them how their conversation sucks and you hate them now? WTH is that?

If you're going to say "this topic is so ridiculous, it's not even worth explanatory reasons" then it's probably worthless enough to not post at all. Let others have their conversation. Sheesh. You can agree or disagree, but stating you hate this site or Seahawks fans just because they are discussing a topic is lazy, condescending, and off-putting. If you think a specific post goes too far, then address it directly. Having a point makes for better, clearer, more constructive discussion. Expressing anger because a discussion exists does not.

Now, to add something to the convo:

Seahawks4life":1d309aq0 said:
This goes along with what I believe David hsu on twitter was posting where a buddy of his helped with RW camp and said Russ is robotic and all business, and didn't seem like he was happy at the kids camp..

Here are some of those:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/489095154679042048[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/489095239567560707[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/489097475773317120[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/489101213242097664[/tweet]
Personally, I find it in poor taste that Hsu would make judgment statements on Twitter based on second-hand accounts. Still, he covers the Hawks all day every day and has been pro-RW in the past, so if he's picking up a "fake" vibe from RW and then Baldwin says this later that night...
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DougBaldwinJr/status/489270743834697729[/tweet]
...it's not ridiculous that fans would connect the dots and want to know what's true and what's not. It is assumptive and rash to claim to know without a doubt that Doug is talking about Russ, but Doug put it out there – coincidentally or purposefully we don't know. That's why we discuss it.

Davis did retweet this, suggesting perhaps that he's open to different interpretations:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/dkalberta/status/489114200552521728[/tweet]

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Throwdown":2zf9m2l1 said:
That just confirmed my thoughts to me, it was just Baldwin rant with no target in mind, and the 12's think Wilson is a phoney.

SALUTE!
Where did you get THAT conclusion out of all of this? No one said they agreed with Baldwin.

Personally, I"m convinced this was aimed at Wilson and I think Hsu and Baldwin ought to stop and consider that the divorce and the strain are all getting to Wilson so maybe no, doing the kids thing wasn't fun this time. Maybe it was a chore. Maybe they shouldn't judge him. He showed up, but maybe his heart wasn't in it because his heart is broken.

I think Baldwin should be ashamed, Hsu is just another heartless reporter, but his team mate should lay off of him.

Anthony!

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":37ry94ad said:
The most confusing trend I see around here is when people chime in on a thread with a derogatory comment about how foolish, lame, drunk, or boring the posters involved are, or how the thread just plain sucks. (The weirdest ones are those disparaging social media en masse... while posting on a social media site.) When you're out and about do you wander into people's conversations just to tell them how their conversation sucks and you hate them now? WTH is that?

If you're going to say "this topic is so ridiculous, it's not even worth explanatory reasons" then it's probably worthless enough to not post at all. Let others have their conversation. Sheesh. You can agree or disagree, but stating you hate this site or Seahawks fans just because they are discussing a topic is lazy, condescending, and off-putting. If you think a specific post goes too far, then address it directly. Having a point makes for better, clearer, more constructive discussion. Expressing anger because a discussion exists does not.

Now, to add something to the convo:

Seahawks4life":37ry94ad said:
This goes along with what I believe David hsu on twitter was posting where a buddy of his helped with RW camp and said Russ is robotic and all business, and didn't seem like he was happy at the kids camp..

Here are some of those:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/489095154679042048[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/489095239567560707[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/489097475773317120[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/489101213242097664[/tweet]
Personally, I find it in poor taste that Hsu would make judgment statements on Twitter based on second-hand accounts. Still, he covers the Hawks all day every day and has been pro-RW in the past, so if he's picking up a "fake" vibe from RW and then Baldwin says this later that night...
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DougBaldwinJr/status/489270743834697729[/tweet]
...it's not ridiculous that fans would connect the dots and want to know what's true and what's not. It is assumptive and rash to claim to know without a doubt that Doug is talking about Russ, but Doug put it out there – coincidentally or purposefully we don't know. That's why we discuss it.

Davis did retweet this, suggesting perhaps that he's open to different interpretations:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/dkalberta/status/489114200552521728[/tweet]

All great but its all 2nd hand so it means very little.

If you read the whole twitter thing from Hsu you notice all this came form one person a friend of his,

Ted ‏@SeaBlaze24 Jul 15
@DavisHsuSeattle takin one person's perception and extrapolating that out over 50 tweets acting as if u have the book on him. You're trippin

Ted ‏@SeaBlaze24 Jul 15
@DavisHsuSeattle probably wrong to take one guys perception (which goes against everything out there) to public platform.

So basically 1 person got butt hurt and is a friend of Hsu nothing more

HansGruber

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":11vm2s5v said:

Agree with this 100%. If someone doesn't like a conversation, don't participate. Just walk away. To interject an unwanted negative opinion into someone else's conversation is infantile behavior. Nobody asked for their opinion and nobody cares.

HawkAroundTheClock":11vm2s5v said:

Of course Russell Wilson is "fake" right now. He's a devoted Christian going through a divorce, but he's still trying to serve his community and share his "hope" with others.

What are the options? To break down in public and act like a dick to those kids? To give in to his emtions and/or anger, and take it out on people? Maybe he's exhausted, should he just be "real" and quit on all these kids so he can take a vacation? That would harm him, the people around him, and worst of all, it would prevent him from truly being of service to anyone.

If anything, I admire Russell Wilson for being "fake" right now. It proves his dedication to what he believes in. That no matter how bad things get, he will always follow through. He will always put his own desires aside in order to achieve a goal that he views as "greater than" himself. That is a trait that should make Seahawk fans excited. Because that is THE trait required of all great leaders. True selflessness. Leadership requires that you be "fake". There is no room for being "real" when the things you deal with are larger than yourself.

Being "real" is petty and small. Being "real" turns you into Colin Kaepernick and Johnny Manziel. You will not find a great leader anywhere in history who had time for "being real." Their vision and their goals were bigger than their selves.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Doug Baldwin Jr
‏@DougBaldwinJr
And it’s only getting better… can’t wait for the season!!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2131 ... witter.com

hi-res-a247d0ac70f205d3f7e5e9499cf5ef1c_crop_north.jpg

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think we've all seen enough of Russell to know he IS very robotic, controlled, guarded and aware of how he's coming across/image. He has high aspirations of not just being a football player, so he's hyper aware of his image.

We've also seen enough behind the scenes and huddle video with audio to know that his REAL personality is much different. He's looser and brash.

So maybe if Doug is talking about Russell, he has a point. But that doesn't forgive airing it out on Twitter, that's just being a bad teammate. But again, as I've said before Doug seems to have appointed himself the defender of all that is just and right in the football world.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Would Doug Baldwin really try to F with his QB's head a week before training camp? I didn't think Baldwin was that stupid.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hmm Doug tweeted this today

Doug Baldwin Jr ‏@DougBaldwinJr 10m
And it’s only getting better… can’t wait for the season!!

Now lets check out on more post by Baldwin that I believe make sit clear this is not about RW

Doug Baldwin Jr ‏@DougBaldwinJr Jul 15
@thegreatchazbot Then they need their faith restored or instilled. Nothing to fear if you got faith…

There is no way this I about Rw he is one of the most religious players there is. I think this is about Tate

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I don't care whether it was intended to be about Wilson, the fact that Baldwin's not disputing it makes it seem like he's intentionally trying to stir the pot via twitter. He should get a new hobby. If he spent his off-season working at ten different camps for underprivileged kids, he probably wouldn't be this bored.

HansGruber

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":33tmdbk4 said:
What cracks me up, is I watch all this BS about how great the 12's are... "best fans in the world" yada yada yada.

Then you read threads like this, blowing pointless blotter up and you think.

Who cares, and WTF is this, Philadelphia?

And then I read quotes like this, attacking the entire Seahawks fan base, and I think:

Who cares, and WTF are you, a Whiners fan?

You don't like the 12s? You think it's BS? Why waste time on our board? You think a single person here cares what some anonymous douche-nozzle on the interwebz thinks about the 12th Man? Join the rest of the haters, loser.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
HansGruber":193kg5e6 said:
The_Z_Man":193kg5e6 said:
What cracks me up, is I watch all this BS about how great the 12's are... "best fans in the world" yada yada yada.

And then I read quotes like this, attacking the entire Seahawks fan base, and I think:

You don't like the 12s? You think it's BS? Why waste time on our board? You think a single person here cares what some anonymous douche-nozzle on the interwebz thinks about the 12th Man? Join the rest of the haters, loser.

When faced with drama, people need someone to attack. How do you choose to respond?

Option 1. Attack Wilson for being a "sinister," "fake," "robot" because he spends his days with underprivileged kids (something he has done since high school!)

Option 2. Attack Baldwin for being a pot stirring Twitter Drama Queen (TDQ).

Option 3. Attack the fans because, well, we need someone to attack now don't we?

Option 4. Sit back and laugh at this off-season drama. Thankfully, it's been relatively quiet until now, unlike the Whiners' situation.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think the funniest element of this is seeing grown ass men cry about how Russell Wilson wouldn't bend over backwards at a football camp for KIDS.

Athletes/celebrities are always in this precarious, finite position of appeasing as many people as they can.. while inevitably pissing off a bunch of others. Reminds me of a guy I used to know in his mid 30's that would basically.. borderline stalk baseball players down at spring training to try and get an autograph.. and when said player would autograph a bunch of stuff for kids but ignore the adults.. every adult would get pissy and moan and groan about how the players didn't care about the fans.

That's what we have here.. it's Doug Baldwin having some broad/vague posts to illicit knee-jerk reactions from idiots on social media.. then the few people that have come in contact with him that didn't have Russell Wilson acting like he just ran into a friend of 20 years go.. "SEE I KNEW IT! HES FAKE! FAKE FAKE FAKE!"

Personally, as long as Russ doesn't kill someone, sexually/physically assault someone, etc .. I really don't care if he's robotic in public. Hell I don't blame him.

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1l3hprln said:
I don't care whether it was intended to be about Wilson, the fact that Baldwin's not disputing it makes it seem like he's intentionally trying to stir the pot via twitter. He should get a new hobby. If he spent his off-season working at ten different camps for underprivileged kids, he probably wouldn't be this bored.

If he denied it now a lot of people would say it proves it was about Rw or why bother.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2jzxd6d2 said:

I think you are the one who might need a new hobby.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
The_Z_Man":f0y7ano8 said:
HansGruber":f0y7ano8 said:
The_Z_Man":f0y7ano8 said:

I was a Seahawk fan when most kids here were still in diapers.

I am pointing out the ridiculousness of THIS THREAD. This thread is not up to the standards of "best fans" or 12's.

It's pointless, futile, irrelevant gossip... who would want to stir up or "imagine" trouble on your own team? The stuff of speculation here is what 13 year old girls would do, not "the 12th man", and that's just the facts.

You call me a hater, but you are the one having a little temper tantrum and ranting at me like a child.

Point is, I am embarrassed for this fan base right now.

Baldwin nailed it. "People trying to stir up drama." Dead on.

This point is silly, as much as I love Z_Man. BALDWIN is the one trying to stir up drama by using cryptic tweets and selectively answering people that ask him about it. He wants attention.

I think it's beneath the "best fans in the world" to always defend our own players who act like 12-year-olds no matter what, personally. Baldwin has way more issues than the maker of this thread does.

Status
Not open for further replies.