Prime Time (Deion Sanders) just said on NFL Network...

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
And Primetime also said that he didn't like Sherman running his mouth on TV like that. I was too young to watch him but there were others who said he was a big trash talker too? meh...

plyka

Reaction score
Hawks46":2x21kzec said:
HawkWow":2x21kzec said:
That's huge coming from the greatest CB to ever play the game.

I'd say best cover corner, but his run defense and tackling left a lot to be desired.

Then again, he played ST and was eletric with the ball in his hands. I'd reiterate: best cover CB ever.

Best cover corner, but then you must also bring his returning abilities into the game. Definitely the best corner in turning TO's into return TDs. He also returned punts/KO for a lot of TDs. I believe he is the only player ever to score a TD in 6 different ways --or at least one of the only 2-3 players ever. He has 21 (NFL record) return TDs, including INTs returned and punt/kickoff return.

All that said, his best attribute was his cover skills...incredible

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sanders was a smack talker too. He was an attention freak and enjoyed the entourage of coverage he got as he seemed to sign with the best teams.

He talked crap with Andre Rison and other receivers. Dumped gatorade all over Pat McCarver and usually was at the middle of a fiasco somewhere.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":kjykuwii said:
And Primetime also said that he didn't like Sherman running his mouth on TV like that. I was too young to watch him but there were others who said he was a big trash talker too? meh...

Youtube him, dude. Best corner ever. It's not even debatable.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":3iqqjnqv said:
yep he was quite hypocritical with that particular comment.

Rufus

Reaction score
That is amazingly high praise, coming from him. I gotta agree with him, although I may be biased.

Sherm and ET I think are the best in the league at their positions right now. Kam is awesome... game MVP tonight, in my opinion. And the other DBs--Browner, Thurmond, Maxwell, Lane--are all great.

We need to sign Kris Richard, DBs Coach, to a big long-term contract to keep him here, if we haven't already.

Rufus

Reaction score
HawkWow":339c6aj8 said:
Best corner ever. It's not even debatable.

Agreed. Arguably one of the greatest athletes ever to play in the NFL.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
That is indeed high praise. Deion played with Ronnie Lott, UWs Dana Hall , Merton Hanks on a very good SF D backfield , as a group they are the best in have seen and I have seen some really good ones over the years