Predict The Seahawks Final 8

ducks41468

Reaction score
Seahawks @ Cardinals WIN
Falcons @ Seahawks WIN
Seahawks @ 49ers LOSS. Yes, I'm predicting the 49ers get their only win of the season against us. Seahawks being Seahawks.
Eagles @ Seahawks WIN. Coming off the 49ers loss, we'll win a game we have no business winning, because Seahawks.
Seahawks @ Jaguars LOSS
Rams @ Seahawks WIN
Seahawks @ Cowboys LOSS
Cardinals @ Seahawks WIN

10-6 finish, lose on the road in the first round.

renofox

Reaction score
adeltaY":1tb75mms said:
Siouxhawk":1tb75mms said:
11-5 could give us a bye and a division game at home. Who you have being No. 2?

11 wins rarely yields a second seed. Going back fifteen years, there have only been seven two seeds with 11 or fewer wins. Less than a 25% rate. The Saints, Rams, and Cowboys have a better shot at the 2 seed than we do after that horrible loss than we do IMO.

7/15 = 25%???

kidhawk

Reaction score
renofox":2oekjffy said:
adeltaY":2oekjffy said:
Siouxhawk":2oekjffy said:
11-5 could give us a bye and a division game at home. Who you have being No. 2?

11 wins rarely yields a second seed. Going back fifteen years, there have only been seven two seeds with 11 or fewer wins. Less than a 25% rate. The Saints, Rams, and Cowboys have a better shot at the 2 seed than we do after that horrible loss than we do IMO.

7/15 = 25%???

there are 2 number 2 seeds (AFC/NFC) so I assume that's 7/30 which is 23.33%

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Seahawks @ Cardinals WIN
Falcons @ Seahawks WIN
Seahawks @ 49ers WIN
Eagles @ Seahawks LOSS
Seahawks @ Jaguars WIN
Rams @ Seahawks LOSS
Seahawks @ Cowboys LOSS
Cardinals @ Seahawks WIN

We are finishing 10-6 and possibly a wild card...Not where we want to be. Hope I am wrong. Atlanta worries me as well...

sdog1981

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2x5iw64j said:
Seahawks @ Jaguars L 13-2 *Our annual WTF?!?! game*

If that is the WTF game then what would you call this past week's game against Washington?

sdog1981

Reaction score
adeltaY":30nr01ut said:
Not sure if I'd rather get shut out or lose 13-2 haha.

That is kind of what happened in the Tampa game last season

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I want to put all wins, but the below is an objective look based on our first 8 games.

Seahawks @ Cardinals win
Falcons @ Seahawks loss
Seahawks @ 49ers win
Eagles @ Seahawks LOSS
Seahawks @ Jaguars LOSS
Rams @ Seahawks loss
Seahawks @ Cowboys loss
Cardinals @ Seahawks WIN

One or two of my losses are 50/50 win. Maybe Dallas, falcons or jags.

Worst we are 8-8
Best we are 10-6

I had us at 11-5 preseason prediction, so not as I hoped but at 10-6 could be worse. 8-8 and we might finally see some offensive coaching changes. Maybe. I just don't see a deep playoff run with our inconsistency and horrid running game. We are no longer feared.

We don't win the division, but @ 10-6 could be wildcard. If we do get the wildcard, we win the 1st and lose the second.

Remember-we just got beat by the Redskins at home and looked bad doing it.

We have gotten worse at committing stupid penalties

We are out of cap room if we get bitten by the injury bug (which we have been very fortunate with this year)

We are surviving on scrambling and jump balls on the long ball- i.e.-no coherent and well thought out strategy or playcalling, just put her in the air and see if we can come down with it.

No running game...at all. Not to mention our "starting" running back is injured.

Russ's passes haven't been very accurate even in our wins, we just have some great receivers with skillz.

We have a kicker that historically withers in important moments..but...was doing well until last game. The problem is we can't count on him to make clutch kicks under pressure. We rarely blow teams out, and we often win by one possession, so the kicker is key.

Let's just hope we have a turnaround and the coaches can develop a game plan to our strengths, and that the players execute a little better.

I would love to be a chicken little, and will happily take the ribbing I have coming to me. Please let the above be a pessimistic delusion.

adeltaY

Reaction score
There are definitely teams with much worse injury luck than we have had, but to be fair we did lose our starting LT in the preseason, our best RB, and our starting DE. Also our big FA LG was improving and looking solid got knocked out for what looks like it'll be 6+ weeks. Not awful, but still substantial.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
adeltaY":2o47kqw4 said:
There are definitely teams with much worse injury luck than we have had, but to be fair we did lose our starting LT in the preseason, our best RB, and our starting DE. Also our big FA LG was improving and looking solid got knocked out for what looks like it'll be 6+ weeks. Not awful, but still substantial.

Our starting left tackle was bottom of the league after a full season last year.

Our starting running back had some of the worst numbers of any running back in the league through the first 8 games.

Avril will be missed

Joekel was not doing very well either compared to the rest of the league.

We really only lost one guy that his replacement would have to be a baller.

The other three by all metrics are fully interchangable.

We are doing FAR better on the injury front than most teams.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Losing Carson was a significantly big hit. And if Earl played Sunday, I don't believe he allows that last long completion, so that absence was huge.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Uhh, yeah, Carson was damn near working miracles behind our ineffective run blocking line. You can see a huge difference in the running back quality since he went down. He was just getting started, too. You can say Fant was awful last year because it's true, but he clearly made strides and would have been WAY better than Rees. Brown is much better than either, but we didn't have him for the first seven games.

Joeckel started off with a truly horrific performance against Mike Daniels on a couple of plays in GB, but he was a solid starter and our second best lineman before we got DB. To Sioux's point, Earl might miss two or three games, which is huge for the defense. We aren't the Ravens, but we're not injury free like the Cowboys have been (save Sean Lee missing a couple games).

Josea16

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3tdckie1 said:
Losing Carson was a significantly big hit. And if Earl played Sunday, I don't believe he allows that last long completion, so that absence was huge.
Correct. I have them going 7-1 if Elliot is playing. Not totally sure if 12-4 gets a bye week though.

We probably go 11-5 as a wildcard as we need to show big balls like Pittsburgh and the Giants. I'm confident we will so. I'm totally ok with the current record.

We've done it before and we're far better currently.

NINEster

Reaction score
Seahawks @ Cards - Tie
Seahawks @49ers - Tie
Rest wins.

11-3-2 (winning percentage .750)

original poster

Reaction score
I wrote this exact article for hawk-talk.com yesterday, here's my predictions!

@ Arizona – Week 10

The team will likely have Sheldon Richardson back shoring up the defensive line, Dion Jordan may well make an appearance and could well showcase why he was drafted 3rd overall back in 2013. Bobby Wagner’s play has been simply stunning to date and the whole team are going to be pissed off. That’s a recipe for a totally dominant beat-down or a shit-show of continued mistakes that lead to the teams second loss in as many weeks. I suspect the former.

Win.

Vs Falcons – Week 11

The Falcons are not in the same universe as their 2016 showing, not by a long shot.  Their offense is struggling, they’ve lost 4 of their last 5 outings and currently sit 3rd in the NFC South. I expect this will be the game that gets the national media hyping the Seahawks for a Super Bowl run. The team will subject the Falcons to a nationally televised murder, and it’ll be amazing.

Win.

@ 49ers – Week 12

There will be more blue jerseys in Santa Clara for this one than red in the stands, the 49ers are a winless team playing now only for respect, and the Seahawks even take that away from them, along with their dignity just because they can.

Win.

Vs Eagles – Week 13

Primetime. This game should be one for the ages, easily the best matchup this whole season and with a lot at steak, I mean stake. The loss to the Redskins narrowed the Seahawks margin for errors significantly and their backs will up against the wall for this one. I suspect the national media largely picks the Eagles to take the win, however, discounting the Hawks is dangerous. We all know what happens when they shouldn’t win a game. The Eagles are far from a pretender, they have a team that is good from top to bottom but I refuse to believe that Seattle will let, most likely, their biggest threat this side of the NFC come into their house and beat them. I expect an absolute minimum of 60 points combined with Russell Wilson getting one step closer to being the #1 come-back from behind QB to ever play the game. This game is set up perfectly to be one for the ages and I don’t think it’ll disappoint. It’ll make the Texans game look meek and mild.

Win.

@ Jaguars – Week 14

The Seahawks travel well and with this being the only 10am game all season I expect it to be a defensive shootout. There’s a nickname for the Jags defense – “Not Quite Seattle”. Very apt. Low scoring, this game comes down to which kicker produces and I think Blair Walsh gets redemption and kicks 5/5 on field goals and Seattle fans across the country rejoice in the fact he is still on the roster. Every single time Walsh lines up for a field goal is going to have fans twitching and this game will be a twitch-fest with a gratifying outcome.

Win.

Vs Rams – Week 15

By this point in the season, I expect the Hawks to have stolen the NFC West crown early and be sitting in 1st place with nothing but the game breaker between the two teams. A win almost guarantees both teams a playoff spot, something that the Rams have yet to prove their eligibility for in seasons past. Experience wins this one and the Hawks continue to be perfect within their division at 5-0, with only the Cardinals on New Year’s Eve to gain a perfect in-division record, something Seattle hasn’t done since the 2005 season that took them to their first Super Bowl.

Win.

@ Cowboys – Week 16

It’s Christmas eve, Seattle has the chance to complete or destroy the big day for fans all around. For the sake of my children I should save watching this game until Boxing Day in case they notch their 4th loss of the season, but I’m too selfish for that. Ultimately the Seahawks don’t ruin Christmas for my children and the Hawks come away contented with their 12th win of the season and a win streak of 7 in a row.

Win.

Vs Cardinals – Week 17

The Cardinals will be done by this point as they were last year when they beat the Seahawks 34-31 in week 16 so don’t expect them to lay down and let Seattle ride off into the sunset with the second-best record in the NFC. This game will mean nothing for the Cardinals other than to help derail Seattle’s chances of getting a bye in the first week of the playoffs. Going against Pete Carroll’s philosophy, though, I think Seattle wins this game in the first half with a comfortable 3 touchdown lead. The run game is moving at a barely respectable pace by this point and the second half is nothing but a formality involving the Seahawks winding the clock down.

Win.

Call me ridiculous, call me a homer, but I can see this level of talent addressing their issues, having the ball bounce their way a couple times and showing real grit to get to a record of 13-3 on the season. That will seal the second seed and a wild-card bye and at least one home playoff game, I’ll take it!

With all the doom and gloom in Seahawk land, something with a more positive outlook is much needed. It’s cheered me up, at least!

As always, Go Hawks! 

NINEster

Reaction score
Funny homer post. It's all good because it's a Seahawks forum, but amusing nonetheless.

Niners have a better shot at beating the Seahawks than the Seahawks winning their last 8 games.

Even the Niners going winless this season is less likely than the Hawks finishing 13-3.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Seahawks @ Cardinals WIN
Falcons @ Seahawks LOSS
Seahawks @ 49ers WIN
Eagles @ Seahawks LOSS
Seahawks @ Jaguars LOSS
Rams @ Seahawks WIN
Seahawks @ Cowboys LOSS
Cardinals @ Seahawks WIN

9-7 and miss the playoffs.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
First 8 games since 2012.

2012: 4-4
2013: 7-1
2014: 5-3
2015: 4-4
2016: 5-2-1
2017: 5-3

Average Wins in first 8 games is about 5.

Last 8 games since 2012.

'12: 7-1
'13: 6-2
'14: 7-1
'15: 6-2
'16: 5-3

Average Wins in last 8 games is about 6.

6-2 seems about right. But I think the Seahawks only lose 1 more to end 12-4 with either the first or second seed.

Eagles, Cowboys, Jags seem like the hardest games. But since Jags are in AFC, and I only have one loss to give, I'll choose them.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
sdog1981":319o3xux said:
Hasselbeck":319o3xux said:
Seahawks @ Jaguars L 13-2 *Our annual WTF?!?! game*

If that is the WTF game then what would you call this past week's game against Washington?

Our OMGWTF game.

:D