POWER RANKINGS

canfan

Reaction score
Remind me again....if we get the #1 ranking, which bowl game do we attend? :roll:

Laloosh

Reaction score
What happened to the weekly threads with the consolidated list? If there is one thing I hate, it's doing my own research...

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Heres mine

1) Broncos
2) Colts
3) Saints
4) Seattle
5) 49ers
6) Chiefs
7) Pats
etc...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3uwzrx98 said:
How are we supposed to know which of the dozen+ sites that put out weekly power rankings you're referring to? We're ranked #2 on NBC's, and they have a pretty damned funny comment about us, too.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ankings-3/
That comment was hilarious also 2 sounds fine. We have issues, luckily reinforcements are arriving quickly.:)

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
IND might be in the upper echelon for now, but there's no doubt in my mind after losing Reggie Wayne, they'll tumble a bit. I don't get how anyone can rank the Niners ahead of us when we blew them out and have a better record than them? Just cause you think their "closing the gap" or "playing lights out right now" doesn't justify that they're better especially when we've done the same lol? Yes there is plenty of football left, but we're talking about to this point of week 7, and the Hawks have definitely been better. No doubt SF will rise to the top 5 soon though. If it was up to me I would probably have it like this...

1. KC (very very slight edge, but I'll give them credit where it's due for being undefeated)
2/3. Seattle/Denver (coin toss)
4. IND
5. NO
6.SF

JesterHawk

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":s7a5ptbn said:
IND might be in the upper echelon for now, but there's no doubt in my mind after losing Reggie Wayne, they'll tumble a bit. I don't get how anyone can rank the Niners ahead of us when we blew them out and have a better record than them? Just cause you think their "closing the gap" or "playing lights out right now" doesn't justify that they're better especially when we've done the same lol? Yes there is plenty of football left, but we're talking about to this point of week 7, and the Hawks have definitely been better. No doubt SF will rise to the top 5 soon though. If it was up to me I would probably have it like this...

1. KC (very very slight edge, but I'll give them credit where it's due for being undefeated)
2/3. Seattle/Denver (coin toss)
4. IND
5. NO
6.SF

I think this is pretty close, but I think I'd flip flop it with 1/2 Seattle / Denver and KC at 3. IND / NO are pretty interchangeable also. The top 6 are all pretty close, I think any games played between these teams will be decided by less than a TD. (Minus us blowing out the Niners at Centurylink)

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score

The Radish

Reaction score
The one I saw on my home page had

KC #1 which is only fair. Only undefeated team.
Us
Indy
Broncos

Forget the others but thought that one seemed pretty fair. Raanan is that it?

Surprised they had 'Boys at #12. That's to high for a team with little talent but Romo.

:les:

kearly

Reaction score
Like Roland, I like Football Outsiders list.

1. Denver
2. Seattle
3. Indy
4. KC
5. Green Bay

10. SF

Thanks to KC's winning ways, Denver is no longer the team with the best Super Bowl winning odds. Seattle is now #1 at 20.7% probability.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":19ief2qp said:
therealjohncarlson":19ief2qp said:
Heres mine

1) Broncos
2) Colts
3) Saints
4) Seattle
5) 49ers
6) Chiefs
7) Pats
etc...
I suppose that is okay, wrong but okay.

Ok after a lot of deliberation I have decided to switch Saints and Seahawks. Everything else is correct though

HawkWow

Reaction score
I don't believe there's a team in the league better than us. What Indy just did to Denver, we can do better.

Manning was spent going into the 4th qtr and was throwing the ball like a girl (BTW, I am a fan). Indy gave the rest of the league a template. Jam their WRs at the line, mirror Welker and knock Manning down as frequently as possible. Who does that better than us? Denver's not done losing this reg season.

KC: Weak schedule and playing a bit over the heads. What goes up, must come down. But I think they are a very good football team....sort've a watered down version of us and the Smith led 9er teams.

Indy: Damn good team and getting better. They beat us at their house but I have no doubt we can beat them at a neutral site and that's what the power rankings are based on.

SF: ? You're kidding, right? Their D is great and will win them more games than their QB. They will have to beat us before I consider them a threat. It won't happen this year.

N.O.: Excellent team and one we beat at home but probably lose to on the road. No telling what would happen on a neutral field. So here's my list based on the eye test.

1) Seattle
2) N.O.
3) Indy
4) KC
5) Denver

rideaducati

Reaction score
DavidSeven":15mg3i8l said:
C-Dub":15mg3i8l said:
Currently my power rankings are this...

1) San Fran
2) Seattle (tied with San Fran at top)

I'm not sure how you make this argument.

SF gets blown out by SEA, blown out by INDY at home and plays a tight game at home vs. AZ.

SEA should have beat INDY on the road and looked better vs. AZ on the road. They are statistically better than SF on both offense and defense.

And niner fans wonder why Seahawk fans don't like them? This reminds me of the niner players and fans claiming that they "deserved" to win the division a few years back with their 6-10 record.

C-Dub

Reaction score
DavidSeven":81x51ph3 said:
C-Dub":81x51ph3 said:
Currently my power rankings are this...

1) San Fran
2) Seattle (tied with San Fran at top)

I'm not sure how you make this argument.

SF gets blown out by SEA, blown out by INDY at home and plays a tight game at home vs. AZ.

SEA should have beat INDY on the road and looked better vs. AZ on the road. They are statistically better than SF on both offense and defense.
Because they're playing lights out right now and like a complete team.

Aside from their two-game slide, they've been stellar. We beat them, but still have to play them at their place. Both teams have easy remaining schedule so a slip up by either team could cost them HFA.