Final NFL.com power rankings...

chrispy

Reaction score
I just saw these rankings this morning and was a little surprised. Maybe I haven't been following non-Seahawk teams very closely this off season with all the drama in house. I didn't realize:
Rams and 9rs as #2 and #3
AFCWest has all 4 teams in top 11

There were other surprises, but these were directly relevant to Seahawks/RW3. Of course the pre-season rankings mean nothing ...but we've got to do something until Thursday. QB issues in SF must not be as impactful as it seems. To complete, Cards are 16 and Seahawks, 24. That's below exactly 3/4 of the league for the Seahawks.

We all know these rankings will be wrong, but how wrong and where?

flv2

Reaction score
They have 5 NFC teams below the Seahawks. #24 might be slightly high for the Seahawks.

toffee

Reaction score
I just saw these rankings this morning and was a little surprised. Maybe I haven't been following non-Seahawk teams very closely this off season with all the drama in house. I didn't realize:
Rams and 9rs as #2 and #3
AFCWest has all 4 teams in top 11

There were other surprises, but these were directly relevant to Seahawks/RW3. Of course the pre-season rankings mean nothing ...but we've got to do something until Thursday. QB issues in SF must not be as impactful as it seems. To complete, Cards are 16 and Seahawks, 24. That's below exactly 3/4 of the league for the Seahawks.

We all know these rankings will be wrong, but how wrong and where?
Sounded about right to me, basing on stats, gut felt, and the general bias against the Hawks by the crow eating national media.

For us to better that odds, our defense full of rookies must mature real fast, our OL must again gel real fast, our RBs remain healthy, and our QB to have a career year. The chance for all that happen in a single season? Likelihood isn't great, is it?

In our favor: The national media didn't factor in that we were #11 ranked in points allowed last season, rookies on our OL are quite ready, our RBs may be ready by game 2 or 3. And Geno has been play best ball of his career.

I totally expect a rough first 10 games or so, winning may be 1 or 2 games, but I also expect that we will finish the season strong, like winning 4 out of 7. So we could finish the season sucking at 5 wins or surprise a few and winning 7 to 8 games.