Poll: What is Russ's trade value this offseason?

How much draft capital will teams give up to trade for Russ?

• Less than 2 first round picks

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • 2 first round picks

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • 2 first round picks and more picks

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • 3 first round picks

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • 3 first round picks and more picks

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • More than 3 first round picks/more picks

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters

James in PA

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":1n8hev4m said:
AgentDib":1n8hev4m said:
In addition to the reasons why it seems unlikely for the Hawks, there are a number of strikes against a trade to the Giants.

Daniel Jones hasn't been great but their main problem on offense has been a bottom 5 running game as Barkley hasn't been able to stay healthy. They also have a threadbare receiving group with the best receiver being a tight end, so bringing in Russ would look to be a poor fit for both the Giants and Russ.

Second, they're probably hiring a new GM this off-season. That typically comes with a bit of a grace period and a chance to draft their own guys to build from the bottom up. Trading a bunch of draft capital away in a flashy trade that could blow up in their face immediately is not at all the sort of move that a new GM would feel desperate enough to make. The GMs who make that move are on the hot seat and about to be fired if they don't show immediate results.

Lastly, I don't think Russ's camp wants any part of the NY media circus.
I think Russ and his camp think they want a piece of a big market until they get there and have a stretch like this
True that. They won't lob him all the softballs he gets here. The cliché answers aren't going to cut it with the NYC media. Or how about the fans in a place like Philly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Was just talking about this yesterday. The New York media (reporters and newspapers) will annihilate him for a stretch like this. Just ask Daniel Jones and even the Jets rookie qb. They’re already swarming on Jets Wilson so a Giants Wilson will make it 2.

toffee

Reaction score
If Russ put together couple three good games, his trade value shall be 3first + players or 2 first, a second, a third plus a player or two

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
This right here is a perfect example of "trade and get the most value before it's too late and you get nothing".

Nobody could've predicted that RW3 would've gotten injured this year, however it was bound to happen considering he's only getting older and his value would never be higher. Sure, I get the argument that he's the best QB we've ever had but then again we never treated him as such, like how the Chiefs gave Mahomes a 10 year contract. We never really gave him an above average O-Line except for maybe 1-2 years of his entire career. We never gave him the Peyton Manning/Broncos or Tom Brady/Buccaneers level of control on the field. So with all that being said, did we really treat him like a franchise QB that everyone is saying he is?

No? Then why did we keep him at such a high price? I was on board with trading him because of all these thoughts and more because the chances of his play going downhill was getting greater and greater as the years went by. I'm not saying I would've traded him back in 2018 or 2019 but this offseason was the perfect time to trade him for max value and it just didn't happen and now we are seeing that dreaded "before it's too late" path like we have been seeing too much from PC and Co. There are only a few exceptions to this feeling that I can remember off the top of my head, like trading Clark for the value we got for him. But otherwise? This feeling is all too familiar.

That's why Belichick is so cerebral in trading players for max value towards the end of their runs and I really wish Pete would've taken a page out of BB's playbook regarding this...

TLDR; I have nothing against RW3 but right now it's not looking pretty for him and we ALL knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Nobody could see the future as far as predicting his injury, but as the years go by the chances of it happening are greater and greater. Pair that with PC's coaching/O-Line issues as of late and that's a recipe for regrets and "Shoulda coulda woulda"

toffee

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":1pzg4csx said:
This right here is a perfect example of "trade and get the most value before it's too late and you get nothing".

Nobody could've predicted that RW3 would've gotten injured this year, however it was bound to happen considering he's only getting older and his value would never be higher. Sure, I get the argument that he's the best QB we've ever had but then again we never treated him as such, like how the Chiefs gave Mahomes a 10 year contract. We never really gave him an above average O-Line except for maybe 1-2 years of his entire career. We never gave him the Peyton Manning/Broncos or Tom Brady/Buccaneers level of control on the field. So with all that being said, did we really treat him like a franchise QB that everyone is saying he is?

No? Then why did we keep him at such a high price? I was on board with trading him because of all these thoughts and more because the chances of his play going downhill was getting greater and greater as the years went by. I'm not saying I would've traded him back in 2018 or 2019 but this offseason was the perfect time to trade him for max value and it just didn't happen and now we are seeing that dreaded "before it's too late" path like we have been seeing too much from PC and Co. There are only a few exceptions to this feeling that I can remember off the top of my head, like trading Clark for the value we got for him. But otherwise? This feeling is all too familiar.

That's why Belichick is so cerebral in trading players for max value towards the end of their runs and I really wish Pete would've taken a page out of BB's playbook regarding this...

TLDR; I have nothing against RW3 but right now it's not looking pretty for him and we ALL knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Nobody could see the future as far as predicting his injury, but as the years go by the chances of it happening are greater and greater. Pair that with PC's coaching/O-Line issues as of late and that's a recipe for regrets and "Shoulda coulda woulda"
Bill Walsh always preached to trade super stars a year or two too early, instead of one or two years too late. Coach Walsh was a great football mine, my idol.

Channelling coach Walsh, I advocated trading Russ last off season. We would have 3-4 first round picks and a good player or two in return. Knowing Pete, he probably drafted Mac Jones, his type of game manager.

Oh well.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Interesting to look back at this from November 30th.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Anyone that thinks we got too little in the trade needs to see the posts in this thread as I would say most thought we’d get less.

Latest posts