Poll: What is Russ's trade value this offseason?

How much draft capital will teams give up to trade for Russ?

• Less than 2 first round picks

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • 2 first round picks

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • 2 first round picks and more picks

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • 3 first round picks

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • 3 first round picks and more picks

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • More than 3 first round picks/more picks

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters

Tinamedina

Reaction score
you are not about to get a serious non emotional answer.

thank goodness gm's are paid to be logical. there is no gm in his right mind that thinks russell wilson is no longer an elite

qb. most likely, 2 picks and a player.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Tinamedina":qhm7k5yy said:

thank goodness gm's are paid to be logical. there is no gm in his right mind that thinks russell wilson is no longer an elite

Is 2 picks and a player what an ‘elite’ qb is worth?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And it only took 10 years for those who want Russ to fail to come out of the woodwork and tell us all how he sucks.
He didn't stop being a good QB, he's clearly still not near 100 percent and shouldn't be playing. Pete should have done his damn job and made him sit longer. Waldron has been an absolute disaster, the O Line is a joke and they have ZERO running game. The play calling is putrid.
When he goes to another team and tears it up, and he will, who will people blame for everything then?

Tical21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3rcsof6t said:
And it only took 10 years for those who want Russ to fail to come out of the woodwork and tell us all how he sucks.
He didn't stop being a good QB, he's clearly still not near 100 percent and shouldn't be playing. Pete should have done his damn job and made him sit longer. Waldron has been an absolute disaster, the O Line is a joke and they have ZERO running game. The play calling is putrid.
When he goes to another team and tears it up, and he will, who will people blame for everything then?
He stopped being a good QB when he lost the ability to be Houdini.

It is not Pete Carroll's job to sit his franchise QB if his franchise QB and medical team say he is healthy and he looks good in practice.

Tical21

Reaction score
The time to trade Russell was last year, when we could tell his trade value was just about to tank. Pete wouldn't pull the trigger. Better trade a guy too early than too late. It's too late.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":2sy7feam said:
The time to trade Russell was last year, when we could tell his trade value was just about to tank. Pete wouldn't pull the trigger. Better trade a guy too early than too late. It's too late.

This is something Belichick has been pretty good at, Patriot fans would scream about why he was giving up big name players but he was looking toward the future. Even a lot of the LOB years back were kept a little too long and this isn't hindsight 20/20 due to their injuries, I was saying it back then that it should be time to consider giving up certain high name players and moving forward at that time while their values were at peak.

RiverDog

Reaction score
There's been a lot of rumors that the Giants might be considering a trade. If the season would end today, they would be sitting on the #5 and #7 overall and they have a young quarterback that they have to make a decision on after next season. The Giants weren't on Russell's 4 team list, but I could see him and his wifey accepting a deal to play next door to the Big Apple vs. some place like Detroit.

If Russell doesn't want to play out his contract and wants out of Seattle that badly, he's going to have to realize that he's not going to be able to pick his favorite destination. I could see the Giants trading their two first round pick and Daniel Jones to the Hawks for Russell.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't mind the 2 first round pick part, but Jones is brutal. We are seeing too much smoke to think that the Giants are not going after Russ. And I couldn't agree more, I think he would waive that trade clause to play out in NY. Gigantic market.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
seabowl":2dd2aw26 said:
Tinamedina":2dd2aw26 said:

Is 2 picks and a player what an ‘elite’ qb is worth?

As I write this, it sounds about right. It's been labored in this thread the various reasons why, but I think it's time for a change. I have no way of knowing this of course, but along with his questionable play, he seems to have lost the locker room as well. My 2 cents...

AgentDib

Reaction score
In addition to the reasons why it seems unlikely for the Hawks, there are a number of strikes against a trade to the Giants.

Daniel Jones hasn't been great but their main problem on offense has been a bottom 5 running game as Barkley hasn't been able to stay healthy. They also have a threadbare receiving group with the best receiver being a tight end, so bringing in Russ would look to be a poor fit for both the Giants and Russ.

Second, they're probably hiring a new GM this off-season. That typically comes with a bit of a grace period and a chance to draft their own guys to build from the bottom up. Trading a bunch of draft capital away in a flashy trade that could blow up in their face immediately is not at all the sort of move that a new GM would feel desperate enough to make. The GMs who make that move are on the hot seat and about to be fired if they don't show immediate results.

Lastly, I don't think Russ's camp wants any part of the NY media circus.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
My prediction is he ends up in Las Vegas for two first round picks and Carr.
Not saying it WILL happen, but if I had to make a prediction IF he leaves, that seems like a great fit.

toffee

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2b8asp4e said:
My prediction is he ends up in Las Vegas for two first round picks and Carr.
Not saying it WILL happen, but if I had to make a prediction IF he leaves, that seems like a great fit.

one season too late, that would have been the deal last off season. doubt the raiders will offer 2 first AND Carr now, especially when Carr is getting media mention about MVP.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, probably not. All it takes is one team. There are plenty of teams who can use a top tier QB.
And when he's had an off season and that finger has healed up? He has plenty left in the tank.
It's not going to be pretty here in Seattle after he leaves. And when he tears it up on another team, it will be interesting to see if people actually appreciate what they had from that guy.

rjdriver

Reaction score
The NFL is full of type A's with plenty of ego who think they can fix anything.

I would guess there are a number of managements that feel in their system, they could resurrect Russell to a top 3-5 QB. A GM on the hotseat could be looking to make a splash, a bidding war ensues, and hopefully we could end up with decent compensation despite the off year.

They might be right. Sometimes you just need a fresh start. I think Russell has a lot of good football left in him. I just don't think it will be in Seattle unfortunately.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2hjvbkb6 said:
I don't mind the 2 first round pick part, but Jones is brutal. We are seeing too much smoke to think that the Giants are not going after Russ. And I couldn't agree more, I think he would waive that trade clause to play out in NY. Gigantic market.

I'm not suggesting that he's our QBOTF, but being that he's a former top 10 pick, he has a huge upside. Jones is in the 3rd year of his rookie contract, so we would have all of 2022 and could pick up his 5th year option in 2023 if we were still uncertain about him.

The other QB's that I've heard mentioned, specifically Mayfield and Carr, have contracts in the $18-20M range and are by no means a slam dunk that they'd succeed. We'd have to pay Jones just $4M.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1dz0bk0w said:

I'm not suggesting that Daniel Jones is our QBOTF, but being that he's a former top 10 pick, he has a huge upside. He's is in the 3rd year of his rookie contract, so we would have all of 2022 and could pick up his 5th year option in 2023 if we were still uncertain about him.

The other QB's that I've heard mentioned, specifically Mayfield and Carr, have contracts in the $18-20M range and are by no means a slam dunk that they'd succeed. We'd have to pay Jones just $4M.

James in PA

Reaction score
Get ready for the Danny Dimes era in Seattle!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
AgentDib":2tn59b9i said:
In addition to the reasons why it seems unlikely for the Hawks, there are a number of strikes against a trade to the Giants.

Daniel Jones hasn't been great but their main problem on offense has been a bottom 5 running game as Barkley hasn't been able to stay healthy. They also have a threadbare receiving group with the best receiver being a tight end, so bringing in Russ would look to be a poor fit for both the Giants and Russ.

Second, they're probably hiring a new GM this off-season. That typically comes with a bit of a grace period and a chance to draft their own guys to build from the bottom up. Trading a bunch of draft capital away in a flashy trade that could blow up in their face immediately is not at all the sort of move that a new GM would feel desperate enough to make. The GMs who make that move are on the hot seat and about to be fired if they don't show immediate results.

Lastly, I don't think Russ's camp wants any part of the NY media circus.
I think Russ and his camp think they want a piece of a big market until they get there and have a stretch like this