Points For/Against

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Only two teams have scored more points than the Seahawks this year--the Chiefs (284) and the Ravens (300).

We're currently at 275 points through 10 games. Granted a few of these points are defensive scores, but we're still #5 in offensive yards behind Dallas, KC, Baltimore, and Houston. We're not top 5 in either rushing (6th) or passing (10th) yards. But we're quite balanced.

What's strange is that our points against is at 254 giving us a net points of only 21 even with 8 wins. I realized we've played a lot of close games, but do you think our point spread will increase in the last games of the season? We play some tough teams and good defenses--Rams, Vikings, and SF again--so they may all be tight.

Is anyone concerned that these numbers don't show any blow-out wins that playoff teams usually have along the way?

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Osprey":xoxfpxl0 said:
My cardiologist recommends a larger margin of victory :shock:

LOL! Yeah, the close games are tough on the blood-pump.

I just wonder if we're going to see greater point spreads in our wins now, and if the D will come on strong while the O continues to roll.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Osprey":3h3lwh65 said:

LOL!

I'd agree with a larger margin of victory, but i will take each victory one at a time, everyone of them is equally sweet.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2syabtki said:
Only two teams have scored more points than the Seahawks this year--the Chiefs (284) and the Ravens (300).

We're currently at 275 points through 10 games. Granted a few of these points are defensive scores, but we're still #5 in offensive yards behind Dallas, KC, Baltimore, and Houston. We're not top 5 in either rushing (6th) or passing (10th) yards. But we're quite balanced.

What's strange is that our points against is at 254 giving us a net points of only 21 even with 8 wins. I realized we've played a lot of close games, but do you think our point spread will increase in the last games of the season? We play some tough teams and good defenses--Rams, Vikings, and SF again--so they may all be tight.

Is anyone concerned that these numbers don't show any blow-out wins that playoff teams usually have along the way?

If you look at margin of victory over a complete season, teams that are barely above zero don't do well into the postseason.

The problem isn't the margin itself but the points allowed contributing to it. 25 points per game allowed is not good at all. It's been a lot of shootout craziness for this team this year. They've been winning but until last week haven't shown much in the way of being able to stop other teams from scoring effectively.

But the team is 8-2, and if they win half of the rest of their games they're going to the playoffs. That's awesome and we are lucky to be fans of this team. But if they can't lock down the other team playing defense enough it's gonna take a near miracle with a lot of luck to ride this offense to glory.

Also, you need to consider PPG average, not total since every team hasn't had a bye yet.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I get the feeling that that's how it looks when your a good enough team but your offense fumbles a lot
I do think they can fix that and think we will have some better margins ahead and I really think if we just protected the ball better we'd have blown out santa clara

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Always found it an interesting stat (point differential) but doesn’t always tell the whole story.
If a team plays a weak schedule or in a weak division it can be misleading.

John63

Reaction score
hawxfreak":3qddtzzj said:
I get the feeling that that's how it looks when your a good enough team but your offense fumbles a lot
I do think they can fix that and think we will have some better margins ahead and I really think if we just protected the ball better we'd have blown out santa clara

FYI we are 29th in fumbles per game

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ip-whois/mpkpmgnjhejeodcbfaphaenpkkjdfbgo

However we are 23rd in how many points our defense gives up.

We are 16th in total TOs given up. So middle of the rode

Several of the teams who give up more TOs have defenses that give up way less points.

We have a combination of problems, we have an offense that does fumble more than it should, and we have a defense that gives up some points. Both should improve.

So top WR fumble sis DK with 2, and we have 5 total with 4 lost
Top RB fumbler Carson with 5 we have 8 total with 6 lost
QB Wilson with 1 and 1 lost.

So from a fumble perspective Carson is our biggest issue, Then DK

As to defense I think the biggest issue as been pressure, but they might be coming around

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":34o2py8f said:
Always found it an interesting stat (points differential) but doesn’t always tell the whole story.
If a team plays a weak schedule or in a weak division it can be misleading.

DVOA, which corrects for opponent, calls us the #2 passing offense behind KC.

We've played the #1, #4, #8, and #11 pass defenses - not a bad gamut.

This offense is legit.

Osprey

Reaction score
With our remaining schedule, I don't see much chance of blowing anyone out. Maybe a chance of 7+ vs the Cards, the rest look to be 7 or less.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Osprey":tvcz3p2v said:

That’s funny but I am looking at Seahawks games as one less day that I need to physically excerise. Get my cardio workouts just sitting in my chair. Win/win!

Osprey

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":20dfqjjb said:
Osprey":20dfqjjb said:

That’s funny but I am looking at Seahawks games as one less day that I need to physically excerise. Get my cardio workouts just sitting in my chair. Win/win!
Yeah, but the torn rotator cuff from the thrown remotes is not so good.

sutz

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2k0x9i8r said:
Osprey":2k0x9i8r said:

I don't think it works that way.

:rofl: :laugh:

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, ------- this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by the asshole acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.

Latest posts