#PICK 149 MICHEAL DICKSON PUNTER TEXAS

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Also to recycle a joke.

While grabbing a bunch of Johnsons (Tom, Marcus, Dontae) to replace their departed Dicks (Kris, Sherm, Paul, Sheldon, Bennett), Seahawks also added two sons of a Dick (Ed and now Mike) to their team.

That joke was so funny you probably phallus down and now can’t get up.

massari

Reaction score
Seems like an awesome pick, even with Tim Settle still on the board.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Field position is critical in the NFL.

Seahawks now have a prospect with the chance to be one of the best young punters in the league, pinning offenses back near their own goal line.

They have a future HOFer in K Sebastian Janikowski.

And they have added a very big/fast kick returner in first rounder Rashaad Penny with seven career kickoff return TDs to pair with former All-Pro returner Tyler Lockett, who will be a year removed from leg surgery and should be much more explosive this coming season.

Shaquem Griffin's speed and play making will be felt on the coverage units.

Very excited about how special teams are shaping up.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It's not a waste when Ryan has not been very good for couple of years now.
His time in Seattle is done and it's time to bring in this kid who will be here
for the next 4-5 seasons.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Here's a great video about MIchael Dickson. He's a beast of a punter!!!! I've been begging for Rugby kickers for years, Aussie rules football is a close second. Heck yeah. Stoked about this pick.

[youtube]pkWIZ7HZlUk[/youtube]

WarHawks

Reaction score
Great video. Kudos to his stepfather for putting him in a position to succeed, encouraging him, loving him. So, so great.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
hawknation2018":143tzozp said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TexasBowl/status/946257389350805505[/tweet]

Kyle Basler from WSU was named MVP of the 2003 Holiday Bowl against Texas, so there's been at least a few.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
fenderbender123":5zl05k7l said:
hawknation2018":5zl05k7l said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TexasBowl/status/946257389350805505[/tweet]

Kyle Basler from WSU was named MVP of the 2003 Holiday Bowl against Texas, so there's been at least a few.

Stupid twitter.

Jville

Reaction score
What a great father son story. Thanks for posting the video. :2thumbs:

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I'm excited as hell for this pick. Between Penny returning kicks, Dickson punting, and Griffin in coverage, we've really bolstered out special teams. Winning the field position battle makes work easier for both sides of the ball. This could be a huge improvement for us this year that no one's talking about.

quadsas

Reaction score
Coolest thing about this pick is if he remains as good as he's been, he got another hall of famer in 5th round

Seymour

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":21zxn0ok said:
Nobody think you need a good punter until you really need one. I love this pick. I love this draft.

Or nobody thinks you need one until they watched our 1st half offense. :mrgreen: I think this should be a solid pick though.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I love this pick even though I'm a huge Jon Ryan fan and hate seeing him go. We got the best punter in the NCAA. His punting has not been great and it was time to save some money. I ended up loving this draft. I was skeptical about Penny initially but very happy now and want Griffin very badly. My only disappointment was not getting Hercules Mata Afa!

original poster

Reaction score
We got considerably cheaper, considerably better and considerably younger at the most undervalued position in football.

I bloody love this selection.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not only a great pick, but soon after a couple more punters were taken. Saves a couple mil on the cap as well.

Latest posts