#PICK 149 MICHEAL DICKSON PUNTER TEXAS

Seafan

Reaction score
It's early but Dickson seems like a unique talent. Drop kicks are legal in two situations. Imagine how cool it would be to have him convert a drop kick from 60 yards out to win a game or take the lead at half.

As talented as Dickson seems to be it wouldn't surprise me if he could eventually become a place kicker.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/992899431618916352[/tweet]

Hang time. :shock:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Well we're probably going to be punting more than ever this season so his leg will be an added weapon to ST.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Maura_Dool/status/993577174522187776[/tweet]

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seafan":3crtkg9z said:
It's early but Dickson seems like a unique talent. Drop kicks are legal in two situations. Imagine how cool it would be to have him convert a drop kick from 60 yards out to win a game or take the lead at half.

As talented as Dickson seems to be it wouldn't surprise me if he could eventually become a place kicker.
How does it work?

Seafan

Reaction score
IndyHawk":n6hckis8 said:
Seafan":n6hckis8 said:

How does it work?

After a kickoff (including a free kick off) the receiving team can call for a fair catch. If the team successfully catches the fair catch they can attempt either a field gull or a drop kick from that spot even if there is no time on the clock.

mikeak

Reaction score
You can also do a drop kick whenever in the game for a FG attempt

I know Doug Flutie did it a bunch of years ago - can't recall if for a FG or extra point

kidhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":3fsokq5f said:
You can also do a drop kick whenever in the game for a FG attempt

I know Doug Flutie did it a bunch of years ago - can't recall if for a FG or extra point

It was for an extra point. I remember how big of a deal was made about it at the time.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/710ESPNSeattle/status/993927571975823361[/tweet]

“He was one of our best defensive players because he gave our defense such long fields time after time after time,” Herman said. “The one thing that he can do that’s just so extraordinary is if you’re backed up he can bomb you out with a 60, 65 yarder, and if you stall around midfield he can drop the thing pretty much wherever you tell him to drop it.”

While there were reports of the Broncos’ war room breaking out in laughter after the Seahawks took a punter with the 149th overall pick they had just traded up to get from Denver, Herman doesn’t find Dickson’s selection humorous.

“He’s worth trading up (to pick), in my opinion, because you’ll soon find out he’ll be one of your best defensive players,” Herman said.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think after the Flutie season they removed the Drop Kick from the game.

original poster

Reaction score
Here's the narrative for next season on here -

"Dickson is punting the ball too far which is resulting in the defense being on the field too long while the opposing offense dinks and dunks on them.

Fire Dickson"

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
original poster":18a50vgj said:
Here's the narrative for next season on here -

"Dickson is punting the ball too far which is resulting in the defense being on the field too long while the opposing offense dinks and dunks on them.

Fire Dickson"

I see it going like this. "Shaquim Griffin gets yet another special teams turnover on the goal-line because of Dickson's magic punting."

Seymour

Reaction score
Hopefully he outboots Rick "Bootin" Tuten, and Herman "Thunderfoot" Weaver! :2thumbs:

Trivia question of the day. Who gave Thunderfoot Weaver his nickname??

(Hint: His famous final words were...."Look at that little monkey run!")

55d61889c4a9d.image.jpg

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MrThortan":1j0i72pg said:
Hasselbeck":1j0i72pg said:
MrThortan":1j0i72pg said:
What were the chances of this guy being drafted in the 5th by any other team?

110%

Lol yeah that made me look the fool didn't it. Turned out 3 punters and a kicker. JS/PC have a crystal ball

Crystal Balls?, I sure hope they are seeing a Doctor about that :p