DVR review Seahawks vs. Packers

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Happypuppy":20co3ixc said:
KCHawkGirl":20co3ixc said:
The short pass game is absent from Wilson's arsenal hence the delayed blitz. Please try that with Percy in the lineup. Please?

I think we will see it with Tate until Harvin ready. We didn't even see any bubble screens in the preseason and we did it a lot last season. They are playing pretty vanilla
Very possible if Stephen Williams is real. The positive is that he and Wilson hooked up one or two times in a game situation one was a bubble screen situation of all things! He gets a desperation 2 yard pass 15 yards to the first down? He''s Sidney Rice size!?! Even bigger yet he might be good for YAC? Like elite WR's? Not buying it until he flashes in the regular season but it's fun to hope.

Atradees

Reaction score
They have been great preseason games this year. (penalties aside) Also thanks for the write up.

Seemed like teams were using US as a yardstick! My how times have changed and so fast.

Like to see Chris 10 and Williams in the regular games. Hoping we picked up some real oline prospects this year for finishing touches.

kf3339

Reaction score
ivotuk":h2lp54yt said:
kf3339":h2lp54yt said:
Thanks for the extra analysis thread Kearly!

Now when are you going to make a 53 man roster prediction? I hope it's before the 4th preseason game on Thursday!

Check out Robs 53 prediction at seahawksdrafftblog, i believe Kearly has a response there that covers the 53,

I actually saw it after I posted my comment the next day. Thanks though for pointing it out to me.

gargantual

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":22zk58yz said:
Happypuppy":22zk58yz said:
KCHawkGirl":22zk58yz said:
The short pass game is absent from Wilson's arsenal hence the delayed blitz. Please try that with Percy in the lineup. Please?

I think we will see it with Tate until Harvin ready. We didn't even see any bubble screens in the preseason and we did it a lot last season. They are playing pretty vanilla
Very possible if Stephen Williams is real. The positive is that he and Wilson hooked up one or two times in a game situation one was a bubble screen situation of all things! He gets a desperation 2 yard pass 15 yards to the first down? He''s Sidney Rice size!?! Even bigger yet he might be good for YAC? Like elite WR's? Not buying it until he flashes in the regular season but it's fun to hope.
Yeaaaaaah. I've been wondering what Arizona was thinking letting this guy go. Was it just the regime change, not fitting in with the new front office (thought I read that somewhere)? The thought went through my head that somehow he didn't look interesting while standing next to Fitz....but that seems silly. Preseason. Gotta keep reminding myself. But starting to get really excited about Williams. Is he our new BMW.....WITH speed on top of it all? We can only hope.

The season can't get here soon enough.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
The 3rd down allowances must be part of our D's "bend, but don't break" philosophy, yes? I'm sure the real games will show more dynamic defensive schemes, but it's clearly our M.O. to go the distance in the heavyweight fight. Like Rocky, we take an endless array of jabs to the face. We'll get bruised and it won't be pretty. Opponents will convert a lot of short-to-mid 3rd downs. At the same time, we deflect and dodge the uppercuts and haymakers. No quick scores, very few big chunks of yardage allowed. Along the way, throwing all those jabs and taking body blows from our run-stoppers depletes opposing offenses until we zero in with a phantom knockout punch in the form of a turnover.

Whew! I made it all the way through with the boxing analogy!

And great stuff Kearly. For your longest post, it sure didn't feel like it. Mad skillz, bro.