Pete not ready to blow it up

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
With two games left, Head coach Pete Carroll isn't ready to hit the reset button just yet. Will he be though by seasons end or is Seattle destined for another year of Pete-ball if he does return next year as Head coach of the Seattle Seahawks?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1475524838907269120[/tweet]

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
PFT (Florio) just updated his story to say Carroll could be a contender for being fired tomorrow.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... y-morning/

What Florio said:
Pete Carroll, Seahawks: He wasn’t originally on this list, but Sunday’s loss to the Bears merits a mention. No one knows what owner Jody Allen will do when the dusts settles on the season, but she could decided to kick up plenty of dust by nudging Carroll aside now. If she has decided to do it after the season ends, there’s no reason to wait. Other than to show respect to Carroll by letting him finish the season.

Than to SHOW RESPECT? He can still finish the season, he just has to be told that he's not going to be the guy so we can interview people. People like Dan Quinn, for example.

Pete's already said he would be nothing without Russ. What do you think will happen if he's allowed to stay? He'll push to keep Russ, oh no, this was one bad season and blah blah. Oh, and get DBs in trouble for calling Russ to task by saying that "you F suck" like Wilson did.

The definition of insanity is doing what doesn't work over and over. Want another 5-12 season, well just keep that status quo going.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Not sure why the media even asks questions like this. The hell would anyone expect a head coach to say here?

"Yeah man, we suck. I'm letting you know now that I'm firing everyone. Woo!"

We'll see what happens when the time comes. Pointless to ask now.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3381vwub said:
Not sure why the media even asks questions like this. The hell would anyone expect a head coach to say here?

I would expect a head coach to say something on the lines of "Yeah we are struggling and we recognize that there are issues in more than one area. We'll need to make some changes in our philosophy and the way we are currently doing things in the off season."

Not good old Pete. Its still full sails ahead.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2mg5wopa said:
PFT (Florio) just updated his story to say Carroll could be a contender for being fired tomorrow.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... y-morning/

What Florio said:
Pete Carroll, Seahawks: He wasn’t originally on this list, but Sunday’s loss to the Bears merits a mention. No one knows what owner Jody Allen will do when the dusts settles on the season, but she could decided to kick up plenty of dust by nudging Carroll aside now. If she has decided to do it after the season ends, there’s no reason to wait. Other than to show respect to Carroll by letting him finish the season.

Than to SHOW RESPECT? He can still finish the season, he just has to be told that he's not going to be the guy so we can interview people. People like Dan Quinn, for example.

Pete's already said he would be nothing without Russ. What do you think will happen if he's allowed to stay? He'll push to keep Russ, oh no, this was one bad season and blah blah. Oh, and get DBs in trouble for calling Russ to task by saying that "you F suck" like Wilson did.

The definition of insanity is doing what doesn't work over and over. Want another 5-12 season, well just keep that status quo going.

Yeah, I didn't agree with the show of respect comment. Pete does not strike me as an unreasonable man, and a person that has both the authority and Pete's respect should be able to reason with him. Pete knows the rules and understands that it would be to the team's advantage for him to step aside now rather than finishing out the season by coaching in two meaningless games.

Besides, he doesn't HAVE to be fired. He can be informed that he won't be returning next season and still be allowed to coach in the last two games as a lame duck, perhaps even allowed to have some input on his replacement if that's what he wants.

My point is that this doesn't have to be a confrontational, don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya type of conversation.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3qe1tfo9 said:

The media is also putting pressure on Carroll as well.

When the team does well, journalism does well.

When the team is bad, nobody wants to cover your team.

Fair question to ask.

Even reporters are sick of terrible football.

They are fans as well, they just have a job to do after.

They want changes as well.

I for one am glad they are putting the heat on Carroll.

How can a person be so delusional?

If he’s honest with himself, it would be a whole lot better.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hey guy who might get fired, do you think you should get fired?

No? Shocking.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The die was cast the moment Wilson realized that staying here meant sticking with Pete. Because they were never getting rid of Pete before Wilson.

Wilson is not close to perfect.

But Pete has lost almost every single strength or area of positive contribution to make up for his many weaknesses.

Pete no longer delivers the very things that offset dealing with all his flaws.

Does Wilson? Sometimes. Not as much as before.

But it stood to reason it made sense to at least explore the option before focusing on him leaving, because there is no upside to losing Wilson.

We not only will be worse, but we will be worse for half a decade to a decade.

Pete has nothing more to contribute and now we don't really look like we have a chance of even keeping Wilson. So the future of this team is bleak. The best-case scenario is to hope to become what the Browns or even the Chargers have become, maybe the Broncos.

The more likely outcome is to turn into whatever the Giants or Jets are.

Looks like Pete isn't removing himself. So a few more years of barely .500 ball is probably our future. We won't be terrible, we won't be good - basically becoming what the Bears are now before we go full Giants, Jets, or even Jags for 3-4 years after Pete finally is no longer in the chair.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":wd6ckr1l said:
Maelstrom787":wd6ckr1l said:

Fair question to ask.

Still, it's foolhardy to expect the answers that people expect to get, and it's be malpractice for Pete to say anything else.

I don't really think he's here to answer our questions.

That goes for any coach. I'm just not a fan of the dynamic and prefer specific questions about personnel and other stuff.

LTH

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3um9co95 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3um9co95 said:
Maelstrom787":3um9co95 said:

Fair question to ask.

Still, it's foolhardy to expect the answers that people expect to get, and it's be malpractice for Pete to say anything else.

That goes for any coach. I'm just not a fan of the dynamic and prefer specific questions about personnel and other stuff.

Yeah I don't think it's a wise move for Carroll to display what maybe happening with Wilson just so the media can run away and blow a story up for ratings... It would just cause massive pressure for everyone involved... they are going to handle it from with in the organization as quietly as possible

LTH

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3qrw4kqe said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3qrw4kqe said:
Maelstrom787":3qrw4kqe said:

Fair question to ask.

He doesn’t answer our questions, that’s fine. He’s eventually going to be ask questions by ownership and if he doesn’t provide an answer Allen wants to hear, maybe it’s futile. Carroll will have wrote his own dismissal.

K

K.J WRIGHT

TheLegendOfBoom":m1kn65s8 said:
Maelstrom787":m1kn65s8 said:

Fair question to ask.

Peter should have been fired the following day after not giving the ball to Marshawn. FKC!! We should have back to back SB wins. Pisses me off!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":30doxpuc said:
Maelstrom787":30doxpuc said:
TheLegendOfBoom":30doxpuc said:
Maelstrom787":30doxpuc said:

Fair question to ask.

He doesn’t answer our questions, that’s fine. He’s eventually going to be ask questions by ownership and if he doesn’t provide an answer Allen wants to hear, maybe it’s futile. Carroll will have wrote his own dismissal.

Truthfully, I don't think I'd want a coach so ready to flog himself for the pleasure of an angry media and fanbase.

Seems kinda cuckish, if I'm honest.

I'll leave it to Jody. The coaches owe us and the media nothing.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1o092zig said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1o092zig said:
Maelstrom787":1o092zig said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1o092zig said:

Fair question to ask.

Truthfully, I don't think I'd want a coach so ready to flog himself for the pleasure of an angry media and fanbase.

Seems kinda cuckish, if I'm honest.

I'll leave it to Jody. The coaches owe us and the media nothing.
I agree. It’s just incredibly frustrating to watch this product on the field.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2unqgien said:
With two games left, Head coach Pete Carroll isn't ready to hit the reset button just yet. Will he be though by seasons end or is Seattle destined for another year of Pete-ball if he does return next year as Head coach of the Seattle Seahawks?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1475524838907269120[/tweet]
And these words by Pete are why he needs to go.