Pete Carroll contract extension

sutz

Reaction score
I approve this message.

:irishdrinkers:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I honestly believed that this year was his swan song, and that is why they were going all in. It will be fascinating to see how he guides the team through the major challenges of the next 3 years.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I saw an interview where he was saying he felt like he had five yrs left of coaching
in him.
For the Hawks there is no better coach for them..Glad he is extended.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'm shocked I thought he was about to ride off into the sunset.

Stay as long as you want coach!

toffee

Reaction score
Without him, how could some on this forum chant Fire Pete weekly?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
This could be good or bad.

Bad if he decides since he is secure he can go back to playing the old way on offense.

Good as long as he keeps evolving and putting the ball in Wilson's hands.

We will see.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
toffee":2wvl87sm said:
Without him, how could some on this forum chant Fire Pete weekly?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

I see far more of those threads being started by those trying to call out the people that think coaching in Seattle needs updating.

FPD

Reaction score
I love this move!! Can't help but celebrate!

:229031_thewave:

Woot woot!

kf3339

Reaction score
That decision doesn't bode well for our Hawks the next few years.

W

Welshers

Look at all the haters in here not happy Pete has stuck around. With Pete and Russel and now DK, we will be a playoff team ever single year. Most fans would kill for the years we have had. You are crazy to not want more of it.

Fade

Reaction score
The Packers fired their head coach for making NFC Championship games.

When you have a HoF QB the standard isn't making the playoffs, it's Superbowls.

Rewarding Pete when he has the worst defense in NFL history shows ownership is severely lacking. I would've waited to extend Pete until the end of the year, talk about jumping the gun.

If he fires Norton? Extend him. If he keeps Norton? No extension for you, Petey. In fact he my need a psychological evaluation if he keeps Norton on board. Sheer lunacy!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Welshers":1v8ubfnu said:
Look at all the haters in here not happy Pete has stuck around. With Pete and Russel and now DK, we will be a playoff team ever single year. Most fans would kill for the years we have had. You are crazy to not want more of it.
It's not hating, the defense has been getting worse every year since our Super Bowl run. We've had a run of bad draft classes, though it seems like we're getting back on track here somewhat. We have a losing record in the playoffs since 2015 and this year we're on track to field the worst defense of all time. We have not made it to one NFCCG since 2014. At some point you have to start questioning Pete's decision making on multiple different levels. He's also one of the oldest coaches in the NFL, I think it's time to start questioning whether he still has it. Eventually the game passed guys such as Mike Ditka, Holmgren, and many other great coaches. It's time to start questioning if it has passed Pete Carroll by.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Welshers":1wkuxvv3 said:

I would much rather have more out of it than more of it. But hey, more power to Pete. I wish I could be rewarded for doing my job as poorly as he has done his since the super bowl loss.

Latest posts