Status
Not open for further replies.

253hawk

Reaction score
What Harvin is going to do to defenses in the playoffs:

140103_Seahawks_Practice_Football___6.jpg

SeaChase

Reaction score
Is that pic from today practice? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere if he practiced today

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
chris98251":zgqc8lc5 said:
TwistedHusky":zgqc8lc5 said:
If Harvin can play in a key game, it is at least important we can turn to him.

So I agree it is important he practices. I don't trust his ability to contribute for multiple games, but as a bit of a booster? Sure. We lost the last game against SF and they are looking better since. We need the extra weapons where we can find them.

Do we use him against the Saints? I suppose it depends if we feel we can use him sparingly and still have him available for SF.

(I am assuming we play the Saints 1st and then SF second assuming Saints and SF win their 1st games?)

I have held it against Harvin all year because I see him as a threat to keeping Tate, since if given the choice between Tate and Harvin I would take Tate but fear the FO would do something silly like let Tate walk and keep Harvin.

That said, I cannot be that upset with FO for going all in this year. They knew we needed something to get past SF and it looks like Harvin was the investment we made. Thus far one that did not pan out but we still grabbed the division anyway. Now if Harvin helps us keep it and gets us to the NFC Championship? It was worthwhile. If not? Well the FO made a lot of great moves, you cannot depend on all of them to work out.

He needs to practice anyway. What makes me worry is that Harvin was a Viking back when the Vikings were in the playoffs and I don't remember him being a guy that really made a big enough difference in the playoffs either.

Tate has been a playmaker, you don't let playmakers walk. Harvin will only be another threat with two playmakers. Add Baldwin and Kearse for possession guys and keep looking for the Harold Carmichael Receiver and or TE that we want. Rice I think would be the odd man out, especially with his knee issue now on top of all his other major injuries. He could be brought back at a discount as well. The Front office knows Wilson needs more weapons not less.

Hell no they're not letting Tate walk--he's Russell's boy. He stays healthy. Russell and Tate do loads of extra pass-pattern reps together--and it is very obvious in a game. Rice is gone. They still need somebody big and strong like him for a change-of-pace, so you could be right about the discount.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Tate's the man and I hope he don't depart. But it's quite possible, perhaps likely, someone out there will offer more than we are prepared to give. Not beating a dead horse, but let's not forget, nobody was more displeased with the Harvin signing than he. Now, after he busted his ass all year and taking numerous big hits in doing so, he may decide he wants Harvin money as well. And that would be understandable considering the circumstances. Unsure his and RW's friendship will be enough to keep him if the 2 sides are millions apart. I'm sure the FO is planning for the worst, hoping for the best.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
HawkWow":2d9k4flp said:
Tate's the man and I hope he don't depart. But it's quite possible, perhaps likely, someone out there will offer more than we are prepared to give. Not beating a dead horse, but let's not forget, nobody was more displeased with the Harvin signing than he. Now, after he busted his ass all year and taking numerous big hits in doing so, he may decide he wants Harvin money as well. And that would be understandable considering the circumstances. Unsure his and RW's friendship will be enough to keep him if the 2 sides are millions apart. I'm sure the FO is planning for the worst, hoping for the best.
How's Tate gonna feel if we're coming off a SB? What if he's the MVP?

oasis

Reaction score
checkdanews":9e4cqoag said:
Just read on seahawks.com that Harvin participated in the entire practice session besides the 2 minute drill...if thats the case, its a super good sign!
link?

vonstout

Reaction score
Twisted Husky, You are crazy if you think anyone will offer Tate anything close to Harvin money. You also commented that Harvin didn't do anything in the playoffs. That's because they put him on IR and he wasn't even on the playoff roster.

kf3339

Reaction score
checkdanews":3ucbud6o said:
Just read on seahawks.com that Harvin participated in the entire practice session besides the 2 minute drill...if thats the case, its a super good sign!

PC said in his press conference that he did indeed participate today. He didn't include the 2 minute drill, but good if he did that as well!

Now he just needs to get thru the weekend and next week of practice and should be good to go for the game next Saturday!

Boiler

Reaction score
“He really did fine,” coach Pete Carroll said of Harvin, who had hip surgery Aug. 1 and has played in only one game this season. “He looked (good), and I think he felt pretty good about it.”

I wonder what he actually said where the reporter inserted (good)?

Rad?

Dynamite?

Groovy?

Zizzle?

Fricken awesome?

HawkWow

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1ni8ckoc said:
chris98251":1ni8ckoc said:
TwistedHusky":1ni8ckoc said:
If Harvin can play in a key game, it is at least important we can turn to him.

So I agree it is important he practices. I don't trust his ability to contribute for multiple games, but as a bit of a booster? Sure. We lost the last game against SF and they are looking better since. We need the extra weapons where we can find them.

Do we use him against the Saints? I suppose it depends if we feel we can use him sparingly and still have him available for SF.

(I am assuming we play the Saints 1st and then SF second assuming Saints and SF win their 1st games?)

I have held it against Harvin all year because I see him as a threat to keeping Tate, since if given the choice between Tate and Harvin I would take Tate but fear the FO would do something silly like let Tate walk and keep Harvin.

That said, I cannot be that upset with FO for going all in this year. They knew we needed something to get past SF and it looks like Harvin was the investment we made. Thus far one that did not pan out but we still grabbed the division anyway. Now if Harvin helps us keep it and gets us to the NFC Championship? It was worthwhile. If not? Well the FO made a lot of great moves, you cannot depend on all of them to work out.

He needs to practice anyway. What makes me worry is that Harvin was a Viking back when the Vikings were in the playoffs and I don't remember him being a guy that really made a big enough difference in the playoffs either.

Tate has been a playmaker, you don't let playmakers walk. Harvin will only be another threat with two playmakers. Add Baldwin and Kearse for possession guys and keep looking for the Harold Carmichael Receiver and or TE that we want. Rice I think would be the odd man out, especially with his knee issue now on top of all his other major injuries. He could be brought back at a discount as well. The Front office knows Wilson needs more weapons not less.

Hell no they're not letting Tate walk--he's Russell's boy. He stays healthy. Russell and Tate do loads of extra pass-pattern reps together--and it is very obvious in a game. Rice is gone. They still need somebody big and strong like him for a change-of-pace, so you could be right about the discount.

I have no way of knowing how Tate will feel, or even how he feels now, but the scenario you suggest will only increase his asking price. And as you suggest, I think Tate's chances of winning MVP are as good as anyone's. He is just inches away from breaking a return. Add that to his usual stellar play and I think he stands a great chance.

It seems many feel winning a SB increases the likelihood of FAs staying with their team. I don't deny, or even argue that, but it would be interesting to see a stat line on such a thing. Only because I don't know the answer. I think discovery would show if the current team is close...the player would stay, but what if we want to give (MVP) Tate 20 mil over 4 years...but he's offered 30 mil over 4 years. Now, on one hand, Tate may say...hey, I love my guys, I'm staying to repeat (which seldom happens) or does he say...Hey, I've already got a ring, now I want my money (?).

EDIT: I replied to your 2nd post, meaning to reply to your first (Tate SB MVP?)

plyka

Reaction score
I can already tell you guys what happened in this entire Harvin situation.

Harvin is injury prone and pain sensitive. He had a real injury, got surgery and rehab. Physically the guy was fine. But he was too scared or in too much pain for him to play. 100% the guy got the all clear from the doctors and the team. Otherwise he wouldn't be out there now. The Dr's gave him the all clear before the Minni game. After that, you can tell that this entire not playing thing was up to Percy.

Remember how many games and or practice did this guy miss due to headaches? Anyway, physically he was all clear but mentally the guy didn't want to be out there. Some faint feeling of soreness. Pete didn't want to throw him under the bus but didn't want to flat out lie. So for 4-5 weeks the mystery of "what's wrong with Harvin" without a peep from Pete. Obviously he didnt want to throw Percy under the bus, but couldn't say anything else --unless he flat out lied. The truth was that Harvin was physically ok but mentally he didn't want to play. So it came down to Pete finally saying enough is enough. If you can't play, we're going to put you on IR. Percy saw that he had to make a choice --either play or go on IR. He decided to play or at least give it a shot.

It's absolutely the only thing that makes sense. Is Harvin a bitch because of this? Maybe or maybe not. I wouldn't say so. Mentally he just didn't feel comfortable. But I think this makes the most sense. BTW, this is all just an educated guess.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
And it wouldn't matter.

If Tate brings us a SB, he deserves whatever he gets.

Then you do what you need to in order to keep him. Including cutting Harvin if it came to that.

This isn't about Tate, it is about Harvin.

We need his contribution. If he contributes then we made a wise choice. If not, then it was stupid/foolish.

Ultimately, we paid for potential. Potential wins you nothing. Results do. The reason we are all talking about Tate is that he has actually produced results. Harvin thus far has produced excuses but apparently he has a medical issue. So fine.

Now we are in the playoffs, we need him to step up. I don't care if he practices. He needs to play in the playoffs period.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
plyka":grrrysnu said:
I can already tell you guys what happened in this entire Harvin situation.

Harvin is injury prone and pain sensitive. He had a real injury, got surgery and rehab. Physically the guy was fine. But he was too scared or in too much pain for him to play. 100% the guy got the all clear from the doctors and the team. Otherwise he wouldn't be out there now. The Dr's gave him the all clear before the Minni game. After that, you can tell that this entire not playing thing was up to Percy.

Remember how many games and or practice did this guy miss due to headaches? Anyway, physically he was all clear but mentally the guy didn't want to be out there. Some faint feeling of soreness. Pete didn't want to throw him under the bus but didn't want to flat out lie. So for 4-5 weeks the mystery of "what's wrong with Harvin" without a peep from Pete. Obviously he didnt want to throw Percy under the bus, but couldn't say anything else --unless he flat out lied. The truth was that Harvin was physically ok but mentally he didn't want to play. So it came down to Pete finally saying enough is enough. If you can't play, we're going to put you on IR. Percy saw that he had to make a choice --either play or go on IR. He decided to play or at least give it a shot.

It's absolutely the only thing that makes sense. Is Harvin a bitch because of this? Maybe or maybe not. I wouldn't say so. Mentally he just didn't feel comfortable. But I think this makes the most sense. BTW, this is all just an educated guess.
Fair enough but I don't agree with your theory. What makes more since is that he had a setback after Minnesota because he came back too soon. Occum's Razor, learn it, use it, live by it given it's true far more often then not.

Status
Not open for further replies.