Percy Harvin did indeed practice Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
nsport":xudpjs61 said:
When I was a little kid I crushed on Uhuru (Swahili for "Sun") because whenever they got hit by enemy fire her little cheerleader skirt would fly up and show her panties. Later I got the hots for cheerleaders and down sistahs. ;)

nanomoz

Reaction score
Pretty soon, Turbin will be the primary nine-thread whipping boy.

hawk45

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1afm1lqn said:
Sorry if someone else beats me to this ... but Terry Blount was just on 710 ESPN on the Wyman, Mike, and Moore Show (no link as of yet) and explained how the whole IR reversal happened. He said that in the 5 Hours between the time that Pete Carroll went on 710 ESPN (in which Pete intimated that Harvin could be headed for IR) that Percy Harvin approached Pete and basically said, "Hey Pete, I think I'm feeling good. Let me show you what I can do." They went out and had that workout with Russell Wilson and Harvin looked "amazing." So, it was Percy himself that initiated that and convinced Pete to give him a shot. Let's hope that things go well. After all, it was Percy who convinced them he was good to go for Minnesota as well. At this point, my take is -- since there's been no reports on damage to that hip ... why not give this a shot given that we've got a good long offseason if this goes south somehow.

That's a weird report, and I think I agree with the other poster who isn't sure how much of it is trustworthy. I like the idea that Harvin didn't want to be put on IR though, so I hope that part is true and I'm choosing to believe it. The fact that he is not, in fact, on IR backs that up.

Any misgivings about Percy Harvin end when he steps on the playing field, that is universal. The guy tilts the field and is a once in a lifetime talent. I'm allowing just the tiniest hope here that we're going to be able to find the balance with his snaps in the post season. If we do, so many of the offensive concerns vanish in a puff of smoke, he's that much of a factor.

I'm letting myself get a bit excited here, please please please let this happen for us. With this defense and Percy that Lombardi is just so...dang...possible.

lukerguy

Reaction score
warden":2h71ffcc said:
Hawkscanner":2h71ffcc said:
Sorry if someone else beats me to this ... but Terry Blount was just on 710 ESPN on the Wyman, Mike, and Moore Show (no link as of yet) and explained how the whole IR reversal happened. He said that in the 5 Hours between the time that Pete Carroll went on 710 ESPN (in which Pete intimated that Harvin could be headed for IR) that Percy Harvin approached Pete and basically said, "Hey Pete, I think I'm feeling good. Let me show you what I can do." They went out and had that workout with Russell Wilson and Harvin looked "amazing." So, it was Percy himself that initiated that and convinced Pete to give him a shot. Let's hope that things go well. After all, it was Percy who convinced them he was good to go for Minnesota as well. At this point, my take is -- since there's been no reports on damage to that hip ... why not give this a shot given that we've got a good long offseason if this goes south somehow.

Nothing against you and posting this

But I don't buy this chit at all. The media is just spinning the story again so they don't look as completely stupid for jumping to so many false conclusions and that their so called sources don't know squat.

On Sunday Harvin is a question mark but monday afternoon he is great. I do not buy that. Recovering from an injury is a slow gradual thing not an overnight sensation.

I also do not buy into the concept that Harvin was holding back. Rehab is extremely difficult process that requires an extraordinary effort from the athlete. It i one thing to rehab from an ankle injury because with some creative rehab you can still work on the other parts of the body, still can try to keep your cardio up. But hip and back injuries are much more challenge. There is no way I believe that Harvin did not want to be part of this team, part of this Super Bowl possibility. The only reasonable conclusion I can come up with is Harvin worked very hard to rehab his injury and overcome his setbacks, it just took time

This is what I truly believe of what went down. Pete Carroll had numerous meetings with Doctors, Schneider, trainers and Harvin on a daily basis, worked out the best plan to proceed. A constant watchful eye was kept on the situation to see if the plan was going forward. Observations and facts indicated things were working, if they were not going forward, Harvin would of being placed on IR. As the regular season was coming to a close reports from the doctors and training staff were encouraging. At the time they needed to free up a roster spot the Doctors, trainers and coaches thought he was very close to moving on to the next level. That he was ready for it. On Monday they proceeded to the next level and it went well. After more meeting with trainers doctors and coaches they determined that the next step is a full out practice. Tomorrow once again there will be meetings with Doctors, coaches, Harvin and trainers to determine on the best way to proceed. can they push him harder? do they need to limit his evolvement for a day? Does he have a set back? They will look at all the facts and make a decision off of that, in the same manor that they have all season long.

There is no logic in Harvin did not want to play, no logic in the Seahawks were playing games and holding him out till the playoffs, no logic to him not going on IR due to contract issues. Their are no conspiracy theories. That is just conclusions the media and fans came too on their own. The Seahawks and Harvin have kept very quiet about the whole affair which caused people to jump to conclusions without knowing the facts. Confidentiality with an employees health is the right way to go. The Seahawks managed this correctly.

I endorse this post. Every .net member should read this. (Some a few times, and memorize it).

Hawknballs

Reaction score
said it before and i'll say it again.

1.) Harvin isn't lazy/disinterested in playing football
2.) there's no "gamesmanship" happening or some kind of ruse.

it is exactly what pete and the team have said it's been all the time. There's no deception by the team or lack of desire by Harvin.

Sometimes there's nobody behind the curtain.

Brett

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2wxdidtx said:
said it before and i'll say it again.

1.) Harvin isn't lazy/disinterested in playing football
2.) there's no "gamesmanship" happening or some kind of ruse.

it is exactly what pete and the team have said it's been all the time. There's no deception by the team or lack of desire by Harvin.

Sometimes there's nobody behind the curtain.

except in this one case.....

BlueTalons":2wxdidtx said:
1521709_10202088115381196_845998835_n.jpg

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Pretty convenient, then, that the whole innocent collaborative process got Percy back just in time for the playoffs. :stirthepot:

Exittium

Reaction score
I'm past the point of ... He's PC/JS "wet dream" player, they have him.... Ok cool, Now I've arrived to the point of.. when can we start seeing this very pricey investment "pay it self off" and see results. Thats all
And as for what Warden said ... :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs: :179417:
warden":jjowwnbh said:

But I don't buy this chit at all. The media is just spinning the story again so they don't look as completely stupid for jumping to so many false conclusions and that their so called sources don't know squat.

On Sunday Harvin is a question mark but monday afternoon he is great. I do not buy that. Recovering from an injury is a slow gradual thing not an overnight sensation.

I also do not buy into the concept that Harvin was holding back. Rehab is extremely difficult process that requires an extraordinary effort from the athlete. It i one thing to rehab from an ankle injury because with some creative rehab you can still work on the other parts of the body, still can try to keep your cardio up. But hip and back injuries are much more challenge. There is no way I believe that Harvin did not want to be part of this team, part of this Super Bowl possibility. The only reasonable conclusion I can come up with is Harvin worked very hard to rehab his injury and overcome his setbacks, it just took time

This is what I truly believe of what went down. Pete Carroll had numerous meetings with Doctors, Schneider, trainers and Harvin on a daily basis, worked out the best plan to proceed. A constant watchful eye was kept on the situation to see if the plan was going forward. Observations and facts indicated things were working, if they were not going forward, Harvin would of being placed on IR. As the regular season was coming to a close reports from the doctors and training staff were encouraging. At the time they needed to free up a roster spot the Doctors, trainers and coaches thought he was very close to moving on to the next level. That he was ready for it. On Monday they proceeded to the next level and it went well. After more meeting with trainers doctors and coaches they determined that the next step is a full out practice. Tomorrow once again there will be meetings with Doctors, coaches, Harvin and trainers to determine on the best way to proceed. can they push him harder? do they need to limit his evolvement for a day? Does he have a set back? They will look at all the facts and make a decision off of that, in the same manor that they have all season long.

There is no logic in Harvin did not want to play, no logic in the Seahawks were playing games and holding him out till the playoffs, no logic to him not going on IR due to contract issues. Their are no conspiracy theories. That is just conclusions the media and fans came too on their own. The Seahawks and Harvin have kept very quiet about the whole affair which caused people to jump to conclusions without knowing the facts. Confidentiality with an employees health is the right way to go. The Seahawks managed this correctly.

PryorFamily

Reaction score
lukerguy":1n2dxifv said:
warden":1n2dxifv said:
Hawkscanner":1n2dxifv said:

I endorse this post. Every .net member should read this. (Some a few times, and memorize it).

Easily the best post on Percy yet. Bravo sir. Bravo.

dunceface

Reaction score
Harvin is so mean! how could he sit out just too play ps4 and get paid???
I bet he played as himself on Madden for practice cuz he's lazy LAWLZ

Throwdown

Reaction score
dunceface":2zxcazcf said:

And texted emoji's back and forth with Randy Moss.

dunceface

Reaction score
Throwdown":lpetlifv said:
dunceface":lpetlifv said:

And texted emoji's back and forth with Randy Moss.

"wat it dew pemp 8) 8) 8) :?: :alien: "

"playn madden again takn these $uckahawkz money lololol :229031_chillpill: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: 8) "

"$tr8 ca$h homie :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :pimp: "

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I'll give another ringing endorsement of Warden's post, with one possible exception.

I have no doubt that the Seahawks trainers, medical staff and coaches were being their extremely diligent selves. I also believe that Percy was faithfully following their regimen as well as being very honest about how the hip felt. I also have no doubt of Percy's desire get back on the field when his body was ready. After-all, he had tried once already. Naturally, he and the doctors would be even more conservative the second time.

Where the picture gets curious is in the recent developments. The possibility of Percy going to IR was dangled not once, but twice. First in a PC press conference were he conceded that he may have to make a roster move (to IR) concerning Percy. Next, via radio, out the comes the carrot and stick again, as he paints the mental picture of Percy spending the entire off season rehabbing. No player in his right mind wants to do that if can help it.

My thinking is that those events helped Percy get past a final mental hurdle in time to start practicing during the ONLY remaining period available to prove he his ready...basically a 'now or you are shutdown' scenario that would still give him an entire off season to recover if he didn't pass the test in flying colors. I strongly doubt that Percy is at 100%, but he and all parties involved spent as much time as they possibly could to give him a fighting chance of playing this season. This is where they are at, and Pete skillfully set off the first alarm, hit the snooze bar then sent out the final message. Sort of like the conductor yelling out 'all aboard who's going aboard.' Masterful, IMO! Now we cross our fingers.

nsport

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":26un7pti said:
nsport":26un7pti said:
When I was a little kid I crushed on Uhuru (Swahili for "Sun") because whenever they got hit by enemy fire her little cheerleader skirt would fly up and show her panties. Later I got the hots for cheerleaders and down sistahs. ;)

James T. Kirk was one lucky man. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts