Percy Harvin did indeed practice Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Sorry if someone else beats me to this ... but Terry Blount was just on 710 ESPN on the Wyman, Mike, and Moore Show (no link as of yet) and explained how the whole IR reversal happened. He said that in the 5 Hours between the time that Pete Carroll went on 710 ESPN (in which Pete intimated that Harvin could be headed for IR) that Percy Harvin approached Pete and basically said, "Hey Pete, I think I'm feeling good. Let me show you what I can do." They went out and had that workout with Russell Wilson and Harvin looked "amazing." So, it was Percy himself that initiated that and convinced Pete to give him a shot. Let's hope that things go well. After all, it was Percy who convinced them he was good to go for Minnesota as well. At this point, my take is -- since there's been no reports on damage to that hip ... why not give this a shot given that we've got a good long offseason if this goes south somehow.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":kfogozmp said:
Sorry if someone else beats me to this ... but Terry Blount was just on 710 ESPN on the Wyman, Mike, and Moore Show (no link as of yet) and explained how the whole IR reversal happened. He said that in the 5 Hours between the time that Pete Carroll went on 710 ESPN (in which Pete intimated that Harvin could be headed for IR) that Percy Harvin approached Pete and basically said, "Hey Pete, I think I'm feeling good. Let me show you what I can do." They went out and had that workout with Russell Wilson and Harvin looked "amazing." So, it was Percy himself that initiated that and convinced Pete to give him a shot. Let's hope that things go well. After all, it was Percy who convinced them he was good to go for Minnesota as well. At this point, my take is -- since there's been no reports on damage to that hip ... why not give this a shot given that we've got a good long offseason if this goes south somehow.

What a slacker! I knew he was milking his injury just so he could kick back, play PS4 and steal the team's money. ;)

Hawks46

Reaction score
So we went from skipping training camps with Minnesota to skipping regular seasons and only playing in the postseason with us?

What have we done ?! :stirthepot:

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Haha, nice Blue Thunder...

Found another beauty from today, look at those blurred feet, thats the speed people!

BdA2X8XIUAAWduz

BlueThunder

Reaction score
That vid I posted earlier from Brett showed me all the speed from that guy I needed to see. It's amazing! I don't remember seeing ANY nfl player move that fast, from a standing start, to eye-popping acceleration, to full speed. We're in for a treat! I get goose bumps and teary-eyed just fanaticizing about it! :179417:

warden

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3yujdu5f said:

Nothing against you and posting this

But I don't buy this chit at all. The media is just spinning the story again so they don't look as completely stupid for jumping to so many false conclusions and that their so called sources don't know squat.

On Sunday Harvin is a question mark but monday afternoon he is great. I do not buy that. Recovering from an injury is a slow gradual thing not an overnight sensation.

I also do not buy into the concept that Harvin was holding back. Rehab is extremely difficult process that requires an extraordinary effort from the athlete. It i one thing to rehab from an ankle injury because with some creative rehab you can still work on the other parts of the body, still can try to keep your cardio up. But hip and back injuries are much more challenge. There is no way I believe that Harvin did not want to be part of this team, part of this Super Bowl possibility. The only reasonable conclusion I can come up with is Harvin worked very hard to rehab his injury and overcome his setbacks, it just took time

This is what I truly believe of what went down. Pete Carroll had numerous meetings with Doctors, Schneider, trainers and Harvin on a daily basis, worked out the best plan to proceed. A constant watchful eye was kept on the situation to see if the plan was going forward. Observations and facts indicated things were working, if they were not going forward, Harvin would of being placed on IR. As the regular season was coming to a close reports from the doctors and training staff were encouraging. At the time they needed to free up a roster spot the Doctors, trainers and coaches thought he was very close to moving on to the next level. That he was ready for it. On Monday they proceeded to the next level and it went well. After more meeting with trainers doctors and coaches they determined that the next step is a full out practice. Tomorrow once again there will be meetings with Doctors, coaches, Harvin and trainers to determine on the best way to proceed. can they push him harder? do they need to limit his evolvement for a day? Does he have a set back? They will look at all the facts and make a decision off of that, in the same manor that they have all season long.

There is no logic in Harvin did not want to play, no logic in the Seahawks were playing games and holding him out till the playoffs, no logic to him not going on IR due to contract issues. Their are no conspiracy theories. That is just conclusions the media and fans came too on their own. The Seahawks and Harvin have kept very quiet about the whole affair which caused people to jump to conclusions without knowing the facts. Confidentiality with an employees health is the right way to go. The Seahawks managed this correctly.

Throwdown

Reaction score
BlueThunder":3alwz7dm said:
NFSeahawks628":3alwz7dm said:
Were that much closer to this...

2dj3nu0

Well, if Russell is allowed to carry a semi-auto on the field, victory is assured! :mrgreen:

Russ don't need no guns, his hands are registered as lethal weapons.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Seaswab":266f7vsr said:
Makes you wonder what changed
when a SB ring is on the line you start playing through pain even if it could effect the rest of your career.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I definitely agree they handled it correctly and with class. The whole situation shows everyone why we're 13-3 with the number 1 seed on the cusp of a possible dynastic run while a team like Washington which handled the RG3 injury about as badly as possible is a 3-13 dumpster fire with no hope to improve in the near future. One is organizationally stellar the other dysfunctional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts