People really seem to be bothered by Sherman's taunting...

sam1313

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":ku4b3bu6 said:
Lest we forget, "trash talking" is just a colloquial term that means "psychological warfare." It's not an aside to the game, it is a tactical weapon in the game. Sherman is NOT a hot-head, like opposing fans and some national mediots want to believe. A hot-head loses his cool, right? Sherman does not lose his cool; he is always in control of himself. He is smart, clever, and calculating. He is a master in the art of psychological warfare and gives this team a huge advantage in the mental, physical, and emotional aspects of the game. I hope he's a 'Hawk for life!

This is absolutely true. And, Sherman is even teaching our younger players to stay in control as well (see him putting his arm around Lane when Lane was kicked out of a preseason practice for getting into a scuffle). Sherm is the man on this D. He admits it when the other team beats him (applauding a good catch by the niners), while simultaneously begging them to try him again. His confidence is awesome, and his play backs it up.

Seeker

Reaction score
He doesn't even really "taunt" as much as he does in game trash talk.

he wasn't even walking up to trent williams after the game, trent ran up on him. tom brady taunted the crowd after the first touchdown. he is actually a clean dude.

chihawk

Reaction score
Based on the mic'd up video, this whole thing was all on Trent Williams...what a tool. He walks up to Sherman with his helmet on and says he's going to punch him in the $%^ face and then does it. The guy has over 100 lbs on Sherman and walks up with his helmet on to throw a punch against a player not wearing a helmet...so weak.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
chihawk":22ixhpkx said:
I'm all for trash talking during the game. If you can get a mental edge on someone, go for it.

Trash talking after the game is over is low class. At that point you have nothing to gain and you are just a punk. I have no idea if Sherman did or did not after the game. I just saw Williams punch/push his face. If that was just for being upset for talking during the game, then that's all on Williams and Sherman did a good thing by backing up and just smiling to him.

That being said, Sherman seems to get into these after-game "conversations" quite a bit.

There are plenty of full length videos with audio of the Sherman thing trent started it, and ended it. and apologized... sherm did not do anything wrong other than defense himself by encouraging the big fella to hit him.. also if you watch the 1st play of the game trent started it then.

GO hawks

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
It doesn't bother me but i'm not a fan either. I'm indifferent about it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's football, geez. Guys have been talking smack in every sport for decades. He backs it up, nothing else matters. People who have a problem with it should put on their manpons and get over it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ctown12":3uxlfdns said:
It seems that NO ONE likes our defensive players. They keep throwing out words like, thuggish, and dirty. Honestly, I LOVE it! This team will not back down and will talk trash right back.
These boys want to play old school smashmouth, and the wussies in the League would sooner keep it light on contact, and our "Legion Of Boom" dictates the style of play.
Don't like the noise?, outplay them to try'n shut them up, but you'll have to listen to it each and every time our Defense takes the field. :17: :16:

McG

Reaction score
I hope me make (and win) the Superbowl just so we can hear what Sherm has to say during media day/week. The fact he isn't a Pro-Bowler is insane to me, but hey idc as long as he keeps tearing it up.

Tattooedseahawk

Reaction score
As long as you can back it up and play legally, I am fine with it.

It reminds me of visiting my relatives in Ohio during the 80's and getting to see Hanford Dixon and Frank Minnifield in their orange shoes barking at the receivers in addition to trash talking and it was effective.

JonRud

Reaction score
I hope the Hawks keep talking trash all the way to New Orleans.

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
One of my favorite players on this team, absolutely love what he brings. Quite a few of us have stated we would hate him on another team. I don't think I would, I really enjoy players that have some swagger and confidence. It certainly would pain me to have one of our receivers shut down all game no doubt but you have to respect that kind of play. Revis is one of the best and it sucks to play against him but he's also pretty fun to watch cause he is good at what he does.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
The people who hate 25
are the people who covet him to be ontheir team.

Look at 49ers.. they hate him, and yet can't believe that Harbaugh passed him over, his own player in college.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I will put it in terms we can all understand: If just one player on the Falcons gets all Frank Brickowski because of Sherman, it could swing the game.

TVHAWK

Reaction score
It's a strategy they use in poker- Put your opponent on TILT... When they are all pissed off they lose their concentration and the cooler head prevails.. So GO SHERM

Latest posts