People really seem to be bothered by Sherman's taunting...

fsmassey

Reaction score
Which is quite... silly, really. Taunting is an extremely effective tactic. For example, look to the Greatest, the athlete of the century, Ali. He would taunt people so that they would lose their patience, their reserve. Sherman simply does the same thing, but not even at the extreme level that Ali did it. Sherman seems to only engage in taunting people that are willing to trade words with him. He doesn't bother anyone who isn't interested in talking, or won't let it get under their skin.

Personally, I think the Hawks are lucky to have Sherman, having someone that can be the focus of trash talking from other teams, and can dish it out himself. A team needs that person, a person who bites back. I'm honestly not surprised that Sherman doesn't get respect from other teams or other fan-bases. It's like everyone wants the NFL players to never say anything out of line, anything that's not predictable or cliche, ever.

I'd put a smiley that takes its hat off here, but I can't find it.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
+1

I think it is funny at his level that someone could let this get to them. Good for him. And us!!!

Aristotle22

Reaction score
I like his attitude, he gets in their heads. I didn't like Joey Porter doing it. Definitely like Sherm though

muxpux

Reaction score
the problem with jerramy stevens is that he couldnt back up his talk. Sherman does.

ctown12

Reaction score
It seems that NO ONE likes our defensive players. They keep throwing out words like, thuggish, and dirty. Honestly, I LOVE it! This team will not back down and will talk trash right back.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
The Hawks have some players on the team you would hate if they weren't Hawks. Sherm is one of them. Love it. So nice having players like that. He backs it up with his play. So funny reading some Redskin posts saying Sherman didn't do shit in this game but talk smack. I guess not giving up a catch is doing nothing. Hahaha.

Okungfu

Reaction score
Sherman has brought this team the swagger that we've needed for quite some time ! You don't hear " Seattle is soft " or a finesse team anymore do ya ?
Gotta play with a chip and Sherman has one and its all good !

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Okungfu":3qpsgfpa said:
Sherman has brought this team the swagger that we've needed for quite some time ! You don't hear " Seattle is soft " or a finesse team anymore do ya ?
Gotta play with a chip and Sherman has one and its all good !
:13:

Sherm is one of my favorite players. People loved Gary Peyton...its been awhile since we have had someone with swagger in Seattle. I think people forgot how to deal with it and how awesome it feels.

Renohawk

Reaction score
His smack talk/taunting is great and what I think pisses most players off about it, they have no comeback, he's probably smacking stuff they don't know what it means, with his Stanford education, he's one of the brightest guys in the league, not to mention huge balls for taking on the NFL on his suspension and winning.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I love it.

Wilson is suppose to be the company man - giving great interviews and being all classy. Not our starting CB.

Soppie

Reaction score
A WR can pick his own poison. I can get verbally abused on one side by Sherman or go to the other side and get physically abused by Browner. What a great combination for the Seahawks.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
What i love is that on the occasions he does get burned he gives props, then starts up again. He is playing a game, not doing brain surgery. Have some fun.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
What Sherm does isn't malicious, so I don't have a problem with it. You can tell he loves to play football and enjoys stirring the pot to keep things interesting.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
I agree with the fact that if Sherman were in any other uniform, I would probably despise him. That makes me REALLY glad he's a Seahawk. He's definitely one of the "dirty nasties" that Mora said we needed on defense.

djb28

Reaction score
I am so glad we got away from what people were calling the Ruskell mold or whatever the term was. Thugs are needed! And we got some. Finally

sc85sis

Reaction score
Sherm definitely tries to get in guys' heads and backs it up with his play. But he also respects players who put their money where there mouth is. I noticed in the 49ers game, after Moss fell backwards trying to catch a pass in the end zone, Sherm was the one who gave Randy a hand to get back up.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think trash talking during the game after specific plays is one thing, but I think going up after the game is over is low class.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Apparently Michael Jordan was one of the biggest trash talkers ever.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HawkGA":at5bw85o said:
I think trash talking during the game after specific plays is one thing, but I think going up after the game is over is low class.
Sherm was out there to see Griffen and wish him luck. Trent was still pissed about the in game bullshit and lost his mind for a second. I thought it was pretty clear that Dick Sure was not talking trash, not at first anyway.

Latest posts