Penny

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":d8jh63df said:
Still not sure why so many people gave up on the guy so early. He clearly has a lot of talent and can contribute. The guy is a Hawk, and will likely be for awhile. Support the guy, we need him.
I blame Fantasy Football. Leads to unrealistic performance expectations and over emphasis of the value of draft picks. :twisted:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. I was thinking about how many people had their fantasy drafts and picked Luck or Clam Poopin on their team. Oops. I've never played fantasy, but people go nuts for that crap.

xray

Reaction score
chris98251":2c53c4bv said:
You guys are basing evaluation on a back that may need to get 20 carries to really show what he can do, some players need to get in a rhythm and get hit a few times to get rolling, when Penny has had that he has had his best output, problem is he doesn't get that very much.
And reason for that is Carson . As long as Carson is rolling Penny will never get the touches . He's a backup now and maybe forever as long as Carson stays healthy . IMO

xray

Reaction score
McGruff":1hcm6qii said:
quadsas":1hcm6qii said:
Northwest Seahawk":1hcm6qii said:
mikeak":1hcm6qii said:
If we get Clowney in a trade for Penny then I am proven wrong. Great use of a late first....

4.9 yds per carry last year your already wrong. See I can deal in absolutes to the truth is some where in the middle.

anyone using 4.9ypc is automatically disqualified from having his opinions mean anything.

How about 6.4 over his last 7 games?
How about in 3 preseaon games...20 rush attempts ...1.8 yards average...awesome .I would trade him in a Clowney deal right now . :0190l:

McGruff

Reaction score
So three meaningless preseason games without game planning and with a vast mix of terrible players rotating through takes priority over his regular season performance as he got healthy and more comfortable in his new offense?

Just seeking clarity.

mikeak

Reaction score
McGruff":3q135qie said:
quadsas":3q135qie said:
Northwest Seahawk":3q135qie said:
mikeak":3q135qie said:
If we get Clowney in a trade for Penny then I am proven wrong. Great use of a late first....

4.9 yds per carry last year your already wrong. See I can deal in absolutes to the truth is some where in the middle.

anyone using 4.9ypc is automatically disqualified from having his opinions mean anything.

How about 6.4 over his last 7 games?

How many runs per game?

sutz

Reaction score
McGruff":1wgjcco3 said:
How many times can we move the goal posts?
I can't figure out which direction the goal posts are moving. :229031_shrug:

mikeak

Reaction score
McGruff":1dks1drf said:
How many times can we move the goal posts?

Seriously?

You cherry pick a stat and ignore that he had 85 total runs in the season

The last 7 games.multiple games with FOUR FREAKING RUNS per game.

Great we have a first round or that averages 4.9 yards with less than FIVE runs per game.

That is not the definition of success for a RB. Get back to me when he is 20+ runs and actually impacts the game.

If your point is that we have a situational gimmick player great I agree with you.

The goalposts just moved back despite yours and others attempt at avoiding the full picture

nanomoz

Reaction score
It seems like he did better in games in which he had more carries. *shrug*

It's hard to pick a volume that might "matter" according to someone's definition, but in games Penny had 7 or more carries, he averaged about 5.6 yards per carry.

http://www.nfl.com/player/rashaadpenny/ ... eason=2018

Most Penny detractors, especially those labeling him a "bust," have no g***amn perspective. The dude's going to be awesome this year (or maybe great ammo in a trade for Clowney).

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Penny lacks vision and that’s apparent to anyone who watches football. I know we give Pete a lot of flack for our brittle back Procise but it’s clear as day Cj is far and above a superior back then the current version of Penny. I do hold out hope, but how can you teach vision? From my days of watching the game, you either have it or you don’t

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Too bad CJ Procise either has bones made of balsa wood, or has the pain tolerance of a 6-year old with a sleep deficit.

So regardless of how good CJ is, and he could be the 2nd coming of Barry Sanders for all I care, he can break a rib mishandling a Q-Tip. You cannot depend on him at all.

4 carries per game is better than 4 carries per year.

Carroll just needs to use Penny like he would have used Procise if Procise was not nursing (INSERT NEW INJURY HERE)

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
So we have two players whose names we constantly butcher spelling-wise... Prosise and Pocic.

The easy way to remember their spelling is both names do NOT combine "s"s and "c"s. Both use two of each.

And no, it's not Procice and Posis. lol

toffee

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2v2k9mm5 said:
So you know more than Pete Carroll about football players and their abilities on the field. :?

I am of the opinion that Pete thinks extremely highly of CJ, and for good reason. CJ could run between the tackles, may not be as powerful as Carson but more than adequate; but CJ could also run outside and catches the ball very well.

Pete kept CJ for years while cutting a bunch of other RBs,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1j5dg32c said:
Love me some Prowsyss and Pennie

Agree. Posick is on target to have a breakout season, and Penee has every indication he will put in his 2 sense worth as well!!!
:irishdrinkers:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
As soon as Procise spends an entire season uninjured I will bother to learn how to spell his name correctly.

Sounds like a fair compromise.

Latest posts