Penny is a big guy!

toffee

Reaction score
I was watching Penny's presser, he said that he is over 230lbs, he looked huge.
Penny

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
His explosion is nuts for how heavy he is. His mass might be underrated due to his running style, but he does have a tendency to bounce off people when they hit him high - almost surely due to his heft.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
His explosion is nuts for how heavy he is. His mass might be underrated due to his running style, but he does have a tendency to bounce off people when they hit him high - almost surely due to his heft.
Either he has a undersized head, lol, or he is real beefy around the shoulder. He said he is over 230lbs, but looked bigger. PFF gave Penny very high pass block grades, if he is close to 240lbs, he's like a short tight end out there.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Penny seems to be maturing before our eyes, on and off the field. I don't think the end of last season was a fluke. He's really this good. Just couldn't stay healthy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He is a completely different back. You can clearly see what they saw in the guy. He's to 10 in the league imo. Keep it rolling kid.
And when he gets past the line and in to the open, you're not going to catch him, period. I think being around AP completely changed his mind set at a player. He's even talked about it. People have been blasting this guy for years too. Nice to see him so locked in and focused.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
He is a completely different back. You can clearly see what they saw in the guy. He's to 10 in the league imo. Keep it rolling kid.
And when he gets past the line and in to the open, you're not going to catch him, period. I think being around AP completely changed his mind set at a player. He's even talked about it. People have been blasting this guy for years too. Nice to see him so locked in and focused.
I would totally agree that AP rubbed off on him. That's a smart comment - and I liked the short time AP was around. That, and Bwagz/etc - can't buy that kinda leadership IMO.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I would totally agree that AP rubbed off on him. That's a smart comment - and I liked the short time AP was around. That, and Bwagz/etc - can't buy that kinda leadership IMO.
He reminded me a lot of Alexander during his tear at the end of last season. I thought the OL was opening nice holes finally but he glided through them the second level and slipped past the LBs. The big differences I saw are getting though arm tackles, actually delivering some hits and fast acceleration in the clear. If he stays healthy he could be a big force. Not entirely encouraging that he was out of practice this week. As a SDSU alum, id love for him to to be our staple RB, especially since he can block, for years to come.

Latest posts