Penny and Adams…just imagine….

GemCity

Reaction score
How good would we be with a healthy Penny and Jamal Adams?

I saw on Field Gulls that Penny may be back if we make the playoffs. If healthy, him
and K9 would be the best 1-2 punch in the league.

I know folks have thrown in the towel on Adams but, if he can ever stay healthy….I know his injury is hard to get over but he seems like the kind of guy to stop at nothing.

It’s like having shiny new toys that you get to play with once and then you get grounded…for life.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
having Penny back for the playoffs would be amazing.
Pete was pumping the brakes on this by saying he hasn’t even run yet but who knows….

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I have been one of the biggest Penny fans in here but the guys body
just does not allow him to go for long..
He has great ability and talent but if you can't use it what good is it?
I think he should just retire and it's not his fault but the injuries he gets
are not Procise boo boo's they are the kind that you feel later after football.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Same thing on Adams-Just retire
He has a big heart for the game but same as Penny the body just won't
allow him to play.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
How good would we be with a healthy Penny and Jamal Adams?

I saw on Field Gulls that Penny may be back if we make the playoffs. If healthy, him
and K9 would be the best 1-2 punch in the league.

I know folks have thrown in the towel on Adams but, if he can ever stay healthy….I know his injury is hard to get over but he seems like the kind of guy to stop at nothing.

It’s like having shiny new toys that you get to play with once and then you get grounded…for life.
I'm not sure exactly how much Penny would help. Him and K9 have a very similar running style -- I guess Penny knows the offense better and is a better all around back. Run blocking has also been a huge issue over the last few games. I'm not sure how much of a difference maker Penny would be with the state of our runblocking and similarish running style.

Jamal Adams is overrated around here. He's been extremely hot and cold as a Seahawk, Carroll even admitting that he's still trying to figure out how to use him last year. His skill set seems to be a mismatch for what we were doing here. Maybe Desai's influence might have done something. There were games he absolutely took over, but more often than not he looked like just an average safety.

The biggest issue with the Seahawks right now isn't even safety and RB. Our biggest glaring hole is the defensive line. Woods is really the only guy earning his keep right now, the rest of our guys are just getting bodied. Our linebackers are fast, but they seem to have issues shedding blocks as well. A strong line would fix that problem, but right now our D-Line is probably among one of the worst in the NFL as far as performance goes.

QWERTY

Reaction score
I have been one of the biggest Penny fans in here but the guys body
just does not allow him to go for long..
He has great ability and talent but if you can't use it what good is it?
I think he should just retire and it's not his fault but the injuries he gets
are not Procise boo boo's they are the kind that you feel later after football.
Same thing on Adams-Just retire
He has a big heart for the game but same as Penny the body just won't
allow him to play.

These guys need the money. They won't retire to help the cause, it's the organization's fault for giving them the contract in the first place.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
These guys need the money. They won't retire to help the cause, it's the organization's fault for giving them the contract in the first place.
It's no ones fault..Players get hurt but you can't forsee getting hurt the way they do it's like freak injury stuff but it happens more to certain players while others never seem to get hurt much at all.They probobaly won't retire sadly and then they will be telling us in 10yrs that they wished they had.