Penix

SonicHawk

Reaction score
His film & medical would suggest it's entirely possibly. I think he ends up going in Round 2. But I wouldn't be shocked if he fell to the 3rd.

Hendon Hooker went in the 3rd round last year.
Hendon Hooker isn't remotely as good as Penix. Awful comp. Penix is a first rounder, open and shut. It's just a question of where in the first.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Still waiting for him to back up his claim. I just wanna' bet a pint that Penix doesn't even make it to Mid 2nd round.
Then I'll win, yet again, and someone won't pay up.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Hendon Hooker isn't remotely as good as Penix. Awful comp. Penix is a first rounder, open and shut. It's just a question of where in the first.
Both are older prospects with medical concerns. It's not crazy to compare the two as prospects coming out.

Teams will remove a guy from their board if the medical doesn't check out. It happens every year.

Last edited:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Both are older prospects with medical concerns. It's not crazy to compare the two as prospects coming out.
Hooker was actively injured and not remotely as good. You can compare them, but they aren't the same. Hooker didn't lead the nation in passing yards.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Still waiting for him to back up his claim. I just wanna' bet a pint that Penix doesn't even make it to Mid 2nd round.
Then I'll win, yet again, and someone won't pay up.
Lol

Why would I make that bet? I told you that I think he'll go somewhere in the 2nd round. But it would not shock me if he went later.

Every thread has a post from you actively trying to dissuade anyone who has a different viewpoint about him. It's borderline obsessive. Honestly, a little weird.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
come on man, back up your claim. A pint.
You're literally doing the same exact same thing you're accusing me of. I'm gonna' stick up for the guy, just like others will for who they like at QB.
It's a message board. That's kind of how it works. Why is it not ok for me to get behind a QB I believe in, when people do it every day for who they believe in?

Have opposing opinions all you want, I welcome it.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Hooker was actively injured and not remotely as good. You can compare them, but they aren't the same. Hooker didn't lead the nation in passing yards.
Hooker was in the conversation for the Heisman before he got hurt. The injury definitely played a huge part in his draft slide.

Some teams & scouts will be split on Penix. If teams aren't comfortable with his knee, I think it's entirely possible that he does slide somewhat.

Last edited:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Hooker would have been a first round pick if he wasn't actively hurt. I'm happy to have a gentlemens wager on Penix in the first.

warden

Reaction score
When watching Penix play last year, it is just impossible to not recognize just how good the Huskies offensive line was. He won’t have that luxury in the NFL. How he responds is an unknown.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Draft is gonna' be a blast. Someone will fall down farther than most expect. Someone will jump way up. Happens so often, esp. with QB's.

Still a long way to go before the draft, but I've went from thinking early 2nd to late 1st now.
Picking where everyone will get drafted is about as easy as clapping with one hand.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
If you took the top 5-7 guys and put them on the Bears and handed them the starting job one of them might turn out.

If you took those same players and drafted them to KC under Mahomes and Reid I would bet 3-4 would turn out to be good players in a couple years.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Draft is gonna' be a blast. Someone will fall down farther than most expect. Someone will jump way up. Happens so often, esp. with QB's.

Still a long way to go before the draft, but I've went from thinking early 2nd to late 1st now.
Picking where everyone will get drafted is about as easy as clapping with one hand.
I do expect a team that would be willing to take him in the 2nd to trade up in the end of the 1st to get the 5th yr option

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I'll say it again he's off the board before we pick at 16, if he's not? we're taking him. Though a trade back is attractive given the current holes in the roster I will admit. the ultimate would be a trade back and get him in the 2nd round but that's just not realistic considering the QB needy teams in front of us. the best thing for him would be for him to land here and not some shit team like the Raiders.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
QB's do have a tendency to rise in the draft in April, happens all the time. It only takes ONE team that's willing to take a shot.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I think betting on him to be there in the 2nd is crazy. He's not Levis.