Penix

SuperSonic67

Reaction score
they will take whoever is on their big board. If Penix is there at 16 they will take him. He'll be gone by then so it's moot point.
Just my .02 cents, and I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong…He’ll be there at 16, and will actually fall to late 2nd, early 3rd. Injuries, hitch in his delivery, release point is very low (both of the latter due to readjustment in his throwing motion enhanced by his throwing shoulder injury). I just don’t see any team overlooking that and picking him high…and I like him, just not in the 1st round.

warden

Reaction score
Penix vs Howell? Very unlikely that we will have this QB competition, by trading for Howell, we basically telling other teams that we aren't drafting a QB.
No we are filling the roster before the draft. We needed a back up, got one at a million dollars a year for the next two years

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Just my .02 cents, and I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong…He’ll be there at 16, and will actually fall to late 2nd, early 3rd. Injuries, hitch in his delivery, release point is very low (both of the latter due to readjustment in his throwing motion enhanced by his throwing shoulder injury). I just don’t see any team overlooking that and picking him high…and I like him, just not in the 1st round.
not a chance he drops that far. Late 1st would be best though that way he's not on some garbage team. His delivery has been the same his entire career. It's never changed.

TwilightError

Reaction score
If they draft him, I will start calling our offensive first rounders from last three years (Cross, JSN) Asterix, Obelix and Penix. Maybe throw Witherspoon there too as Idefix.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
If they draft him, I will start calling our offensive first rounders from last three years (Cross, JSN) Asterix, Obelix and Penix. Maybe throw Witherspoon there too as Idefix.

By relative body size, JSN would be Asterix and Cross would be Obelix (Cross is heavier than JSN by a good 115 pounds or more and is about five inches taller). Witherspoon could be something like Longpicksix.

EDITED to add... I started thinking, and the most Asterixy Seahawks player that comes to mind is ETIII. He was a little guy who packed a big-guy-destroying wallop.
Obelix would be Mike Bennett from among Earlsterix's teammates, Tez if it can be a Seahawks player from any era. Gentle giants off the battlefield, terrors on it.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
STILL a select few thinking he's going 3rd. Love it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Raiders just makes too much sense. He's not getting out of the 1st round, imo. Even IF he fell, that 5th year option is too good pass up for teams needing a QB. Probably the same for BO AND 3.

Ozzy

Reaction score
CBS had an insider on this morning who spoke to multiple teams and they all said when asked who threw the ball the best during the workouts every single team said Penix was off the charts with NFL type throws. He also said he had an executive tell him that if it wasn't for the injuries he would be in the conversation for who goes #1 overall. I guess we will find out how scared teams are of the injuries.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
CBS had an insider on this morning who spoke to multiple teams and they all said when asked who threw the ball the best during the workouts every single team said Penix was off the charts with NFL type throws. He also said he had an executive tell him that if it wasn't for the injuries he would be in the conversation for who goes #1 overall. I guess we will find out how scared teams are of the injuries.
He absolutely is the best thrower, not even close.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
STILL a select few thinking he's going 3rd. Love it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Raiders just makes too much sense. He's not getting out of the 1st round, imo. Even IF he fell, that 5th year option is too good pass up for teams needing a QB. Probably the same for BO AND 3.
I'm reading from multiple sources that if Penix is there at 16 we will take him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah some guy named Thurmon Thomas dropped because of injury concerns once upon a time as well. He had a ok run I guess :)

GemCity

Reaction score
Atlanta fans are sick. I like Penix…

But they just signed Cousins to a 4 year, $180M contract.

What if Cousins…keeps being Cousins? Penix getting on the field at 32?

Weird man…