Paul Allen has died

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
One of the finest individuals in northwest history. Did so much good for humanity through Vulcan and his philanthropic efforts. Devastating loss.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Has an owner ever gone into the ring of honor? No one deserves it more then him. Hope it happens.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sorry mods. I edited the first post and it reverted the title back? Could you re-word to "passed away" again since that is more appropriate?

Thanks...

Rat

Reaction score
Wow, I know he was having some health struggles lately, but this is shocking. :(

RIP Paul, the best owner a team ever had.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
God speed Mr Allen . Thank you for saving the Seattle Seahawks and bringing us our first championship along with the countless innovative things you done for mankind in general.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I remember each time when he raised the flag for the NFCCG ....

I knew we were not losing.

A great man and a philanthropic giant.

Thanks Mr. Allen for preserving my childhood memories of my hometown team. Now many years later, I still get to the root for the Seattle Seahawks with my own son because of you. Thank You.

pmedic920

Reaction score
We all know what he meant to us and our fandom.
Huge loss for the Seahawks and fans but that pales in comparison to what he contributed to mankind.

The Earth is a lesser planet today.

:{(

Hawknight

Reaction score
Seymour":2c8jfdi0 said:
https://q13fox.com/2018/10/15/paul-allen-co-founder-of-microsoft-and-owner-of-seahawks-dead-at-65/

Holly crap this is bad news!!
RIP Paul. Forever my hero.

Edit:
I would like to ask we keep this thread to paying our respects and sharing our good memories. Any concerns and thoughts about where the team ownership may lead to another separate thread.

This is not the place for debate.....please.

A HUGE loss of someone who has given so much to every single one of us, whether we know it or not. A true giant among men. R. I . P . Mr. Allen and thank you for your generosity and good heartedness for us all. No appreciation can ever match to what you have given.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Stunning, even considering his recent diagnosis. Awful, awful news for his family.

It says a lot about a person when after their passing, one needs to digress through a few levels of appropriate conversation in order to speak of them as, you know, the outright savior of a franchise and fanbase of hundreds of thousands.

He is as responsible as anyone for why we logged on to .Net today and congregate here, and all of us know it.

Missing him already. What a life.

52ef5e55c2db2.image.jpg

baumer64

Reaction score
Just shocked and sad. Such a wonderfully giving human and supporter of our region. The SEATTLE Seahawks and Stadium are only still in our state because of him.
Thank you Paul for all you did and God Bless to your family. May you rest in peace!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I remember being so happy that he bought the team that I cried. I was a wreck over this stuff and he saved the Seahawks, then made them a champion. The first game in 1997, it was against the Jets and he ran across the field with his fist pumping, cried then too over happiness.

The cool thing about Allen was the leverage he gave to the staff, Carroll and Holmgren both were allowed to do what they needed and were provided the same.

jeremiah

Reaction score
I am shocked. I don't know anything about him personally, but he got Seattle to 3 Super Bowls, winning 1 glorious time. As someone currently in remission from cancer, this hits hard. I thought he was going to kick this thing again, and quickly. My prayers go out to the family. He was a giant of a man in the business world, and you within the family can only know the true depths of pain that come today. The greatest things you can say about a man is "he will be missed, and he left a huge mark."