Patrick O’Connell

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
I have to say I was pretty impressed with O’Connell last night. With Wagner, Bush, Brooks, all becoming free agents after this year, he may make the team.
Looking like a blue collar, lunchbox type of player. Many great LB’s have come from small colleges. If you can tackle, it doesn’t matter what level you’re playing.

2022 (R-Sr.):
• Named second-team All-America by STATS and Phil Steele following his senior season
• First Team All-Big Sky for a second-straight year
• Named the team's Defensive MVP
• Presented the team's Tony Barbour Award, given annually to the player "who best exemplifies outstanding practice habits and makes an unselfish contribution to the betterment of the Grizzly Football Team."
• Academic All-Big Sky

Led the Big Sky in both TFLs (14) and sacks (8) for a second-straight year, despite missing the bulk of three games to injury. He finished his career at UM ranked among the program's career leaders in both sacks and TFLs with 28.5 sacks and 45 TFLs. His 45 tackles for loss tied him with the great Kroy Biermann and Josh Buss at No. 4 all-time in program history. Also finished his career with 28.5 career sacks, placing him at No. 6 all-time for the Grizzlies. With 242 career stops, he also finished among the top-40 UM tacklers of all time.

Here’s a great article and him being a Hawks fan. Look at his workout stats, impressive. https://www.montanasports.com/sport...gns-free-agent-contract-with-seattle-seahawks

Last edited:

pmedic920

Reaction score
I did notice him last night.

There’s going to be some tough decisions coming up, lots of talent right now and we can’t keep them all.

Maybe he makes the cut.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I thought he looked a little too Cody Barton-ish. Stiff, not terribly fast, stuck his head in the wrong gap a few times. Sure tackler though.

Throwdown

Reaction score
He’s not really good, kind of a bumbling type. Got washed a lot when blocked. Linebacker is a huge question mark still for starters and depth.

BASF

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if he doesn't make the 53. He is the only inside linebacker we have under contract for next season. As far as his play goes, he was average at best. But, he is still learning the pro game.