Own up to it.........we lost

Barthawk

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":1rcro4bw said:
Honestly...I can't say they outplayed us. 1 big run and several drive sustaining calls (right or wrong). The Kaepernick 1st down was a complete let down on the defense, not necessarily a great play (though credit to SF, they took advantage of it).

My biggest gripe was the play calling after the big Tate punt return. Thought it was too cute and wasted a a play on first down. I know it's smart to be uber conservative, but a TD would have really put the pressure on SF. As you can see, they have little trust in Kaepernick; playing for a TD instead of an FG would have forced them to put more in his hands. Oh well...

Really frustrating game, but it's hard to win 7 games in a row (including playoffs). I see this as a great wakeup call to light a fire.

they had 5 scoring drives, we had 3.. we also picked off the douche at the 3 on another.. they totally outplayed us.. that is what happens when good teams play at home..

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
.....and now to all the people who thought Vegas was a bunch of idiots for favoring the Niners, now you know why.

Good win for SF, give them credit. This game proved that no matter how good we think our Hawks are, even this team can't overcome big mistakes like blocked punts, too many penalties and giving up crucial big plays.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Niners hit us in the mouth, picked on our back-up DBs, we gave them a few first downs and just got flat out beat. It doesn't surprise me, I just hope it's a stumble and a bad day and not indicative of having trouble against tough teams like SF, Carolina, TB and STL.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Got our butts kicked, no way we deserved to win. Worse thing about it, even though many thought if we lost it wouldn't be that big of a deal, with KJ's injury and the fact that our last 3 opponents are playing really good football right now.....we could be in trouble.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Im mad about this game. The officiating was terrible for both teams but crucially bad at times for Seattle. The long Lynch run, the phantom third down penalties that extended THREE scoring drives for the 49er's were unbelievably bad. Despite all of that we still had a chance to win and the defense blew it. I really don't think they outplayed us...we killed ourselves in that game. The defense does a ton of talking and tonight just didn't make a play when they needed to. I think the third down run by Kaep was almost as bad as the 51 yard dive run by Gore. Terrible way to lose but maybe its what this team needed.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1j08wgbx said:
Got our butts kicked, no way we deserved to win. Worse thing about it, even though many thought if we lost it wouldn't be that big of a deal, with KJ's injury and the fact that our last 3 opponents are playing really good football right now.....we could be in trouble.

The rams and giants are playing well?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
austinslater25":34g0rzwq said:
Im mad about this game. The officiating was terrible for both teams but crucially bad at times for Seattle. The long Lynch run, the phantom third down penalties that extended THREE scoring drives for the 49er's were unbelievably bad. Despite all of that we still had a chance to win and the defense blew it. I really don't think they outplayed us...we killed ourselves in that game. The defense does a ton of talking and tonight just didn't make a play when they needed to. I think the third down run by Kaep was almost as bad as the 51 yard dive run by Gore. Terrible way to lose but maybe its what this team needed.

There were bad calls both ways, we got hosed at crucial times, but the 9ers showed up and smacked the Hawks in the jaw - and that's given us trouble all year. After tonight I still think we're a very good team, but I don't want to see SF or Carolina in the playoffs.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
m0ng0":1j1jej28 said:
I have a co-worker that I had been talking garbage to all week, own up take our medicine and re group next week. No excuses just own up.
Thanks.....but don't tell me what to do

NINEster

Reaction score
I was torn on who would win this game, and more because of how the 49ers are playing than how the Seahawks have been playing.

Then I thought...

"Seahawks at 11-1....are they really gonna go 15-1 this season?!"

Yeah, not happening to any team that relies solely on defense and running game. Regular season dominance relies heavily on offensive firepower more than defensive muscle. Playoffs are a different story of course, but much easier to win in the fall with scoring than shutdown D. It's not 1986 anymore.

So pick 1 of these teams to deliver an L:

49ers @SF
Giants @NY
Cardinals @home
Rams @home

Seahawks played a good game, but IMHO SF kept this game close by a lack of good redzone offense. They moved the ball better 20 to 20 than Seattle. Wilson was contained very very well. He's a good QB who will make plays and score points, but Aaron Rodgers is still the best QB in the NFL when it comes to inspiring fear in opposing defenses.

The Seahawks haven't won in SF since 2008, and SF only won up there in 2011 and 2006 I think.

The Century Link home field advantage is enormous. Your defense looks like the '85 Bears there, and not so much on the road.

The intensity of the crowd is so great for these primetime games, that momentum swings are enormous. After seeing the Saints lose 34-7 after the 49ers lost two straight by big margins proves that it's extremely tough to play there and a few bad plays makes a game get ugly very, very quick.

It may be a nice treat to have, but it does no favors for making the team a juggernaut on the road.

HFA is essentially a wrap for SEA this season. Anything less than an SB appearance would be a failure this year.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":33rrvtel said:
austinslater25":33rrvtel said:

There were bad calls both ways, we got hosed at crucial times, but the 9ers showed up and smacked the Hawks in the jaw - and that's given us trouble all year. After tonight I still think we're a very good team, but I don't want to see SF or Carolina in the playoffs.

That was smacking in the jaw? You could see a great amount of frustration in the 49ers faces. If not for an untimely missed hold, the 49ers don't get their only TD and it's a different game at half. Chalk this one up as a bad day for the team, and move on to next week, IMO.

NINEster

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3l482beo said:
AbsolutNET":3l482beo said:
austinslater25":3l482beo said:

That was smacking in the jaw? You could see a great amount of frustration in the 49ers faces. If not for an untimely missed hold, the 49ers don't get their only TD and it's a different game at half. Chalk this one up as a bad day for the team, and move on to next week, IMO.

There was some uncalled PI on Manningham and Crabtree.

Chalk it up to these games will not be decided by officiating, and let it go.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3l9ypa5v said:

You don't think the 9ers played fast and hit hard? The D came after us to start the game. We got a couple past them, but that doesn't change how they played. I'd say they came out and hit us in the jaw, no question. The Panthers, Bucs and Rams all did too. They played a tough, physical game.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Seaswab":2r2or0v6 said:
Blitzer88":2r2or0v6 said:

The rams and giants are playing well?

Rams always play us hard which is expected from divisional opponents. Considering the Giants started 0-6, they've gone 5-2 since. They might not be a great team, but they've been doing well enough to win as of recent.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
"Relying solely on defense and running game" is flat out not accurate. We have one of the most explosive passing games. Be careful to judge purely on volume rather than efficiency. Sehawks have no reason to throw 50 times a game, but when they do pass, it's both efficient and explosive.

Even on a down day, they still had several explosive plays.

NINEster":2zw60z8l said:
I was torn on who would win this game, and more because of how the 49ers are playing than how the Seahawks have been playing.

Then I thought...

"Seahawks at 11-1....are they really gonna go 15-1 this season?!"

Yeah, not happening to any team that relies solely on defense and running game. Regular season dominance relies heavily on offensive firepower more than defensive muscle. Playoffs are a different story of course, but much easier to win in the fall with scoring than shutdown D. It's not 1986 anymore.

So pick 1 of these teams to deliver an L:

49ers @SF
Giants @NY
Cardinals @home
Rams @home

Seahawks played a good game, but IMHO SF kept this game close by a lack of good redzone offense. They moved the ball better 20 to 20 than Seattle. Wilson was contained very very well. He's a good QB who will make plays and score points, but Aaron Rodgers is still the best QB in the NFL when it comes to inspiring fear in opposing defenses.

The Seahawks haven't won in SF since 2008, and SF only won up there in 2011 and 2006 I think.

The Century Link home field advantage is enormous. Your defense looks like the '85 Bears there, and not so much on the road.

The intensity of the crowd is so great for these primetime games, that momentum swings are enormous. After seeing the Saints lose 34-7 after the 49ers lost two straight by big margins proves that it's extremely tough to play there and a few bad plays makes a game get ugly very, very quick.

It may be a nice treat to have, but it does no favors for making the team a juggernaut on the road.

HFA is essentially a wrap for SEA this season. Anything less than an SB appearance would be a failure this year.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2f0yfnt3 said:
Sarlacc83":2f0yfnt3 said:

You don't think the 9ers played fast and hit hard? The D came after us to start the game. We got a couple past them, but that doesn't change how they played. I'd say they came out and hit us in the jaw, no question. The Panthers, Bucs and Rams all did too. They played a tough, physical game.

Sure, they played hard and hit hard, no doubt. But it's not like they dominated the matchup and ran Seattle out of their stadium. Losing by 2 on a tough play does not fit the metaphor.

Edit: Case in point: Seattle was not the one putting the ball on the ground all day.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3ftgk4to said:
AbsolutNET":3ftgk4to said:
Sarlacc83":3ftgk4to said:

Sure, they played hard and hit hard, no doubt. But it's not like they dominated the matchup and ran Seattle out of their stadium. Losing by 2 on a tough play does not fit the metaphor.

Edit: Case in point: Seattle was not the one putting the ball on the ground all day.

No one equated getting smacked with getting run out of the stadium. We struggled against a team that came out and attacked us and hit hard - which is consistent with the other "tough" teams we've faced. I am not surprised by the outcome of the game/the score, I am just making an observation about what gives us fits.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
m0ng0":bbying0p said:
I have a co-worker that I had been talking garbage to all week, own up take our medicine and re group next week. No excuses just own up.
Nope....we got beat.

sutz

Reaction score
mikehawks":1uf0yrzh said:
The Seahawks lost today.....disappointing for sure, but the Seahawks are in the playoffs!

FIFY

;)