Overlooked part of the last fumble

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Seanhawk":38zdtqwa said:
TriCHawk":38zdtqwa said:
My 2 biggest issues with the officiating yesterday was the shot that Russell took as he was sliding feet first. How do you not call that, after calling Seattle for the same thing a few minutes earlier? Where is the consistency? The other, was the ET fumble recovery. I thought Earl had it, but my biggest issue was how can the ref call it the Rams ball so fast? That was a pretty big pile. How could he even tell who had the ball at that point?

There were some other questionable things, but Seattle showed up flat. I dunno, maybe they're more concerned about staying healthy for the playoffs than winning right now. Kind of reminds me a little bit of the end of the '13 regular season... Hopefully do just enough to get by.

I see what you're saying on the ET fumble, but when it happened live I said "crap, they got on it". You could see Earl didn't pick it up clean and #61 get his arms in there. That being said, I don't see the harm in just letting the players fight it out under the pile and whoever has it after they pull people off the pile, gets the ball.

Earl came out with the ball, so in your proposed theory, we should have had possession.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
peppersjap":11ctxr41 said:
From where I was sitting in the stadium it looked momentarily like Wilson might have the end zone but it closed fast. We can't blame the refs for this, we lost. The ref's sucked the entire game but it was not something that they could not have overcome. I couldn't believe how the fans booed after the 50 yard pass to Bryce Brown when Wilson was so clearly past the line of scrimmage. We might want to quit handing the ball off to a 280 pound lineman and actually give the ball to someone who is paid to hang on to it. I think Tukaufu is an incredible waste of a roster spot and it finally bit us in the ass. Take away his fumble and we win the game! I so love when they spread him out wide like we are actually going to throw a pass to him? He probably has about 5 career carries now and he has fumbled once, that is 20%. That sucks!
No...There was a CULMINATION of "Bad Calls" - "No Calls" that cost us on several occasions, and No team can overcome dirty play, and a barrage of shitty Officiating should never be allowed to determine the outcome of a game.
The O-Line was dominated in the first half, but there was a lot of dirty tactics being employed by the Rams Defense that weren't being called, or this game wouldn't have seemed so lopsided.
One or two bad calls coming our way?, no problem, but minimal calls and NO calls on multiple dirty plays that were employed by the Rams? I'm just not buying.
Their goal was to take RW out, and if it had to be done with a cheap shot or two, so be it, I just don't think that it should be sanctioned by the Officials in the NFL.
I'd be surprised if any of the Rams players get fined for hitting Russell Wilson when he slid feet first, but it most certainly did happen.
Re-Watch the game, and you can see a lot of shitty Officiating.

Latest posts