Butt Fumble 2.0

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I was watching it live with no recording to rewind to confirm, but was it just me or did the Broncos RB pull off Butt Fumble 2022? A lot of people are including that as a “goal line stand” and a positive mark for our defense, but at least to me on first viewing it looked like he fumbled running into his own lineman? Did I miss something was it actually our D stopping him?

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I need a gif of this if true. Let him forever be known as Russell Sanchez.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it was that fumble or the other goal line fumble, but on one of them, Russell was having to hurry the offense to the LOS to avoid a delay of game penalty, something the Broncos offense had problems with all game long and that contributed to the busted play. They were wholly unprepared, obviously a product of them not playing their starters during the preseason.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it was that fumble or the other goal line fumble, but on one of them, Russell was having to hurry the offense to the LOS to avoid a delay of game penalty, something the Broncos offense had problems with all game long and that contributed to the busted play. They were wholly unprepared, obviously a product of them not playing their starters during the preseason.
That's not necessarily just on Denver's preparation. It's a Wilson trademark issue his whole career here.

RiverDog

Reaction score
That's not necessarily just on Denver's preparation. It's a Wilson trademark issue his whole career here.
There may have a few games here and there in the past where Russell was culpable, but never to the extent that we saw last night. IMO it was strictly on the coaching staff.