Flexed Monday = Pete’s last?

nwHawk

Reaction score
Was thinking about this as today’s game wrapped up. Losing this week makes it four straight, which had never happened before under Pete Carroll.

Monday is against the Eagles, who are quite frankly going to run the losing streak to five games. I’ve always thought Roger Goodell disliked Pete. Is the league trying to send a message to Pete to hang them up? A fifth straight defeat on national television after being in first place at 6-2, with a team that should have been better…

I think this could be his last Monday Night game. No one could know for sure, but everyone knows losing sucks. It’s hard on the fans, but also on owners, coaches and their families.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
He has a guaranteed contract till 2025 with an owner waiting until a money clause passes before the team is sold. You really think he’s going anywhere?

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Maybe it will be his last flex. He is old ya know

chrispy

Reaction score
The amount guaranteed on Pete's contract is miniscule compared to the value of a winning/losing team's sale price. Pete's contract is therefore irrelevant.

His relationship with the team and owner is much more relevant. Neither Belechick nor Pete will ever get fired. That said, they could both be encouraged to retire. Without the full backing of ownership, it'd be pretty tough to be either one of them...or any HC for that matter. They both have to hang it up sometime and it, realistically, won't be as SB champs anytime soon. So what's keeping him in it? I predict they both retire this off season.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
Which I agree with, Jody most likely wouldn’t fire him. But if the mountain of frustration gets tall enough, and enough clues speak to him, maybe he realizes he is hurting his community by lingering on.

Having both Pete and Belechick retire, now that would be somewhat surprising.

renofox

Reaction score
So what's keeping him in it? I predict they both retire this off season.
He's making big $$$ and he's moving up the leader board for total career wins. He's thinking legacy and wants to be at or near the top of that board when sportscasters are putting it on the screen and talking about it long after he's gone.

tldr; $$$ and ego, the prime motivators for most humans.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
I've been watching the eagles last few games and we have a chance to beat em
If we play with the fire they showed against santa clara they'll win and it'll look like pete's a god to some
I didn't think so earlier in the season but they're not as hot as they were and yes they're playing better teams to but I am feelin more and more confident that it's gonna be really close and we might just kick their ass it just sucks they don't play to win till there is zero choice otherwise
Gettin flexed sucks as I live an hour south and my uncle and I picked the games so we would'nt have to take time off work but is what it is and I'm goin anyway so iggles be damned
I wonder how much it validates him if we win and how much leeway he gains from it
We played dallas to the whistle and gave the ninnies a run and philly were blown out by both and I know ya can't gauge it like that but they aren't the juggernaut they were this time last year so ,,,, but my god we have a lot of guys to cut next year and make a little cap and renew a bit don't we, too bad it's so difficult finding the next great coaches cuz I think we could have something , heck , with just some addition by subtraction and wow nwosu was holding the entire line together , woof.
Go Hawks