Our D line is comical

Optimus25

Reaction score
Clowney has got to be laughing his balls off.

We easily have the weakest pressure off the edge in the league. Just won't cut it for long, Russ can't be completely 1,000% perfect to hide it forever.

balakoth

Reaction score
Optimus25":2qx10mad said:

We easily have the weakest pressure off the edge in the league. Just won't cut it for long, Russ can't be completely 1,000% perfect to hide it forever.

You mean the clowney that has like.. .4 tackles and 3 qbhits with no sacks????????

You people don't understand football clearly

Cam Newton will run that is their game plan... thats how they play.. If you blitz heavily and push more than 4 you lose

Did you even watch the game honestly?

Teahawks

Reaction score
I don't care if it takes a 2nd rounder, a trade needs to go down with someone. I know it's rare, but just commit to it. How about Hollister and a 3rd?

Now as for who to trade for...well you had a whole off-season and got BJ Finney so congrats.

James in PA

Reaction score
They are going to do something before the trade deadline. All the other pieces are in place for a title run. I have no idea who or how, but that’s why they play John the big bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Not sure it will matter if teams keep getting away with that kind of flagrant holding all game. They need to blitz more.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":248p7e4j said:
Not sure it will matter if teams keep getting away with that kind of flagrant holding all game. They need to blitz more.

They would need to blitz every down to blitz more. Without Irvin, we need serious help on the front 4.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
balakoth":3u5n9a6f said:
Optimus25":3u5n9a6f said:

You mean the clowney that has like.. .4 tackles and 3 qbhits with no sacks????????

Cam Newton will run that is their game plan... thats how they play.. If you blitz heavily and push more than 4 you lose

Are you seriously going die on this "the d-line did their job" hill? Since you watched the game so closely, show me one play where a defensive lineman beat his guy 1 on 1. I'll give you time...it's going to take awhile to get through all the plays because Cam had so much time to throw.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Reaneypark":1w54ts5o said:
Northwest Seahawk":1w54ts5o said:

They would need to blitz every down to blitz more. Without Irvin, we need serious help on the front 4.

I agree they need help but there's no one out there that will be available that could really have the impact we need . The defense will get better as far as the pass rush we don't have much there right now . Green will be back hopefully he can bring something.

stang233

Reaction score
Who is out there that we could bring in. Michael Bennett Clay Matthews are some old Savvy vets. Maybe some other interior guides could help out not too sure looks like Bruce Irvin is done for the year

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
None of the guys on the street or going to save this dline. We will have to trade for someone, and I expect John and Pete to do so. The window is now. We aren’t winning a super bowl with a bottom 5 pass rush, might even be the worst. Right now our best chance of getting to the QB is with our safety. That is like saying our best rebounder is our point guard.

Should have just signed Clowney or went after Nguakwe or Everson Griffin.

Not sure who will be available. Bad teams will surface, and they will always be looking for draft capital.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Optimus25":1mmbtdtd said:

Clowney's laughing his balls off at our undefeated start?

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
balakoth":1lx6qevo said:
Optimus25":1lx6qevo said:

Bump. Lotta people here post and reply. Dont watch the game in entirety.

toffee

Reaction score
No one on our DL demands double team.
No one on our DL can win one on one.

Can this be fixed by play callings?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Any of those guys that we could have gotten lighting it up ???
Not really , they might have to bring somebody in but it's a lean year to be this good everywhwere else and need a dlineman as there are so few worth it to go around , Mayowa will sack cam as he always has though so ,, wait , what
:2thumbs: :irishdrinkers: :pukeface:
gonna be an offensive battle I guess :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Honest question, any chance some of it was gameplan knowing Newton was going to take off, were we more cognizant of rush lanes and or mush rushing more than usual? I'm leaning towards no, but we did get some preasure on matt ryan..

nanomoz

Reaction score
Optimus25":3ptkv553 said:

You're not wrong. But, yeah, I think Russ will do it. He's on a mission this year, and I think he'd have 10 TD passes if Greg Olsen could catch a perfectly thrown ball.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Yes it can be fixed by play calling. But first they need to learn how to play better in the defense they play. We need to play to our strength defensively. Rotate lineman. Mix and move line man. Dont just line them up in the same technique. If they dont the opponent offensive line can count them off and literally know exactly who to block every time. Pinch and stretch the line depending on pass or run. Fill gaps with lbs. Pass and communicate in coverage. Dont just let a reciever run through your zone and expect the next one to pick him up because that's where teams pass. They throw them them open...knowing their reciever will land in a gap of the defense. And for god fraking sakes teach the dam dbs to play a ball instead of just sticking with a reciever. Move the defensive backs around and hold them accountable to their reciever.

I would bet cam newton doesnt have a better passing game the whole season. Belicheat found our weakness and exposed it for the rest of teams to study.

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1l76tows said:
Optimus25":1l76tows said:

Clowney's laughing his balls off at our undefeated start?

Ha!. More like the fact that we have zero pass rush off our front four. And by zero i mean negative seven.

TypeSly

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":6hynzii7 said:
Yes it can be fixed by play calling. But first they need to learn how to play better in the defense they play. We need to play to our strength defensively. Rotate lineman. Mix and move line man. Dont just line them up in the same technique. If they dont the opponent offensive line can count them off and literally know exactly who to block every time. Pinch and stretch the line depending on pass or run. Fill gaps with lbs. Pass and communicate in coverage. Dont just let a reciever run through your zone and expect the next one to pick him up because that's where teams pass. They throw them them open...knowing their reciever will land in a gap of the defense. And for god fraking sakes teach the dam dbs to play a ball instead of just sticking with a reciever. Move the defensive backs around and hold them accountable to their reciever.

I would bet cam newton doesnt have a better passing game the whole season. Belicheat found our weakness and exposed it for the rest of teams to study.

Nice call. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1qwr8ih6 said:
balakoth":1qwr8ih6 said:
Optimus25":1qwr8ih6 said:

Bump. Lotta people here post and reply. Dont watch the game in entirety.

Oooh....ahhhhh. Too bad I've seen almost every snap of the Russell Wilson era.

And this is by far the weakest pass rush out of the front four I've ever seen. Almost in an nfl game period let alone us.

Even collinsworth noted the only POTENTIAL for pass rush was for us to use our DAMN SAFETY.

And if you knew football you'd know those stats mean nothing. The other teams could be game planning entirely around Clowney or at least throwing double teams and anything else to slow him down. Plus he's coming off injury, in a new environment.

Writing him off that way and not acknowledging him as a premiere player we obviously HAD to figure out how to retain is
embarrassingly ignorant. You do realize we just won by the skinniest skin of our teeth in about the second smallest margin of victory in team history and this subject i brought up is the sole reason besides injuries and the ejection?. Which guess what, next man up so those are irrelevant.
I'm not talking blitzes or CREATING pressure, just an interior lineman being within four feet of Cam on an obvious passing situation, for instance.

Latest posts