Only the Best: Six plays that explain the weekend

akseahawkfan

Reaction score
Russell Wilson knows he already has spoiled us. He pulled off another fourth-quarter comeback Sunday in Carolina, complete with the sort of plays that usually lead highlight shows. And barely anyone noticed.

I defy you to find a more ridiculous play from Sunday top to bottom than the one below:

Wilson to Baldwin

drdiags

Reaction score
The Panthers were lighting Wilson up. He took some nice shots in the pocket. Great catch by Baldwin. Wish Wilson would tend to move up instead of back when the pocket is collapsing, but this is the way he has coped in the past. What up AK?

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1cpgwrpu said:
It was the Special Teams' play that really saved our butts. :mrgreen:

They certainly contributed, though I have to give credit to Sherman and Earl for making the game changing play.

OP
OP
akseahawkfan

akseahawkfan

Reaction score
drdiags":20xeuljd said:
The Panthers were lighting Wilson up. He took some nice shots in the pocket. Great catch by Baldwin. Wish Wilson would tend to move up instead of back when the pocket is collapsing, but this is the way he has coped in the past. What up AK?

Really concerned about the line play, not only was Wilson being chased all over the field, Lynch was held in check. Seems to me the line play took a step back from last year. They need to play much better against SF. Wilson continues to impress me though (and no I haven't forgotten that I went nuts when we "wasted" a third round pick on a undersized QB.)

Looking forward to a great Seahawk season Doc. Will be down for the Vikings game again. Kind of glad my Son is a Vikings fan - he bought the tickets :)

sam1313

Reaction score
That play wasn't so much the line's fault. RW can't run back in those situations because the tackles have no chance to get the DEs when he does. He has to stay in the pocket more, and I am sure Pete will be addressing that this week.

This was tough anyway though because they send 6 rushers...

OP
OP
akseahawkfan

akseahawkfan

Reaction score
sam1313":fc7yycpu said:

Sending six could have been stopped. That's what FB's, TE's, Screen Plays, Draws, delayed handoffs, sprint outs, options, roll outs and quick slants are designed for. Regardless it didn't seem as though our OL was able move the DL at all even in the run game.

I think they can play much better.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
And where was the "leading with the crown of the helmet" flag when RW got drilled in the chin? We've all seen far tickier-tackier flags get thrown on way less contact than that.

keasley45

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":3thfmjyv said:
Yeah, that was quite a play, RW new he was going to get sandwiched and zipped that thing into a dime sized hole that only Baldwin had a shot at catching.

Crazy thing is that i remember him doing almost the exact same thing in the preseason last year. might have been against denver or kansas city. he was scrambling, rolling right and heaved the ball toward the sideline. It completely looked like a throw away ball but landed perfectly in the receiver's hands for an improbable first down.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
That was one of those plays that you will probably never see completed again. I have never seen a QB complete a desperation throw like that.

Just amazing execution by Wilson and Baldwin that was one-in-a-million.

PGunning101

Reaction score
The funny thing is that even though that throw was "one in a million" and you would think you'll never see something like that again, I was reminded of his toss to (Can't remember first name) Tuinei (maybe?) in the preseason last year against the Broncos only to the opposite side of the field.

Once it's a fluke, twice it's lucky, three times ???

The man has some of the best kinesthesia and spatial awareness on the planet. Always knows where everyone is even when his back is turned.

chris98251

Reaction score
Baldwin said in post game that it was a throw away and he just ran to the spot to try and catch it, not designed or anything, credit Baldwins awareness.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
sam1313":61onh8tf said:
That play wasn't so much the line's fault. RW can't run back in those situations because the tackles have no chance to get the DEs when he does. He has to stay in the pocket more, and I am sure Pete will be addressing that this week.

Stepping up in the pocket would have resulted in a sack. There was a blitzer quickly beating the blocker up the middle.

They sent 6 but we had 6 blockers. Got to hold up better than that.

Latest posts