One of the 3rd shift guys is a Niner fan...

sutz

Reaction score
So, I've been working this job since last April, first as a temp, then as a regular hire. I work 2nd shift, which I mostly like. There is a guy on 3rd shift, a supervisor/lead type guy, who is a Niner fan. Always sporting the gear, you know.

Well, last September he was talking some crap about how good the Niners were, and I was kind of low key about the Hawks. You know, I'm new on the job and not ruffling feathers and all. After the first game I think Brian (the 9er fan) avoided me for a couple of months. :)

So, after the late season loss at the 'Stick, I caught up with him and gave him the 'nice game' line and a handshake and I think he appreciated that. We don't talk much on the job anyway since we're on different shifts and we don't have much to pass down to each other.

Last night, he's wearing a black Niners shirt and red hat and I'm sporting my old school (Holmgren era) 12 jersey and my old-old school (Krieg era) jacket when we pass in the walkway past the machines. We say hi and exchange comments about how tough a game it will be, and he mentions that he was gifted a Niner jacket, old school gold one, from father of GF or someone, and as I give my compliments and start to walk away, he says to me, "May the best team win."

I looked back at him and smile a bit and simply reply, "I believe they will" and walk away.

I sure hope I'm happy come shift change Monday night. But I do believe that the better team will win Sunday....and that the Seahawks are the better team.