Ok so here it is.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I guess I'll be rooting for the Niners since they are at home.

I don't know how to make a prediction for this game. As you guys have posted above, it seems like the strengths and weaknesses for each team is kind of the weaknesses and strengths for the other - so what gives? On top of that, strangeness tends to occur on Thursday night football...

The Niners are riding high while the Seahawks might be falling apart at the seams.

All those things considered, it makes sense to pick the 49ers.

So my actual guess would be:

Seahawks 27 (9 FGs)

49ers 20

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I think it will be a typical Seahawks - 49ers battle. Neither team is guaranteed a victory. Players at this level are at this level for a reason. This is why it's so impressive what the Seahawks were able to do the last few seasons when it's really a lot tougher than they've made it look to win consistently. Hope to get back into the Win column no matter how the game plays out Thursday night vs. a 49ers team that I'm sure would like to send the Hawks to the cellar of the division in front of their home crowd.

Win or lose... Go Hawks!

Laloosh

Reaction score
Interesting note about the 49ers. They have the lowest percentage of 3 and outs in the league at 9.68%. Seattle? 12th at 19.4%.

Alternatively, Seattle's defense has forced other teams to 3 and outs the most so far with 23 (unless my memory fails me since I saw it last night).

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":mfhf4td1 said:
Interesting note about the 49ers. They have the lowest percentage of 3 and outs in the league at 9.68%. Seattle? 12th at 19.4%.

Alternatively, Seattle's defense has forced other teams to 3 and outs the most so far with 23 (unless my memory fails me since I saw it last night).

So what yer sayin' is, the Niners suck on D?

I'm comfortable with that. :)

Pass D has been ridiculously bad all year. Strangely enough, one of their best performances was vs. Aaron Rodgers.

They have had guys running wide open all year.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":lujcbsmh said:
Laloosh":lujcbsmh said:

Pass D has been ridiculously bad all year. Strangely enough, one of their best performances was vs. Aaron Rodgers.

No, I'm saying your offense doesn't go 3 and out very often.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":253o20qk said:
Marvin49":253o20qk said:
Laloosh":253o20qk said:

No, I'm saying your offense doesn't go 3 and out very often.

Oh wow....I totally misread that. :D

On the surface I'd say I was surprised, but thinking back on it that's probably true. They've been able to move between the 20s fairly well, but bog down in the red zone.

Even in their losses, they moved the ball. Kap had good days against the Steelers and Giants and they didn't bother with the punting when throwing pick 6s in Arizona. :)

I actually looked at the Numbers and if you take the Cards game out, Kap has a 98 QB rating and 6 TDs and 1 INT.

That's not to say he isn't struggling, because he is...but it does put it in perspective a bit.

byau

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":3pcymqpb said:
Hasselbeck":3pcymqpb said:
I have no confidence in either team.

0-0 tie.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. Both of them. :pukeface:

Just what I was thinking

To any of the Hawks fans that watched the car wreck of an off-season the 49ers had, realize that on paper the Seahawks are right there with them at 2-4

Marvin49

Reaction score
byau":1m88ff1v said:
Trenchbroom":1m88ff1v said:
Hasselbeck":1m88ff1v said:

0-0 tie.

Just what I was thinking

To any of the Hawks fans that watched the car wreck of an off-season the 49ers had, realize that on paper the Seahawks are right there with them at 2-4

...and the kicker is that if not for an officiating error Seattle could be 1-5.

That's not to say Niners are better by any stretch...just sayin' Seattles record has to be among the most surprising of this NFL season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Patriots had to absorb a season of flux also when Weiss and McDaniel left the first time as well if memory serves, losing Bradley, Quinn, Norton, and someone else I can't remember off the top of my head in consecitive years has to have a effect.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":1ss8fywm said:
byau":1ss8fywm said:
Trenchbroom":1ss8fywm said:
Hasselbeck":1ss8fywm said:

0-0 tie.

Just what I was thinking

...and the kicker is that if not for an officiating error Seattle could be 1-5.

That's not to say Niners are better by any stretch...just sayin' Seattles record has to be among the most surprising of this NFL season.

Lol, somehow I knew that would make it into a Marvin post eventually.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Either 17-13 Seahawks or Seahawks will be up 27-6 at the end of the 3rd and lose in overtime as the 49ers reel off 24 unanswered points while Pete and Bevell look on in disbelief.

Laloosh

Reaction score
San Francisco beats Seattle, 3-3.

I kid. Those whiny girly men are going down. 27-13 SEA.

ringless

Reaction score
Ahhh Oooohh Aahhhhh ooooohhh

:pukeface:

I am stoked for this game. Disgusted with myself at the same time. I hope this is a really, good close game, with a lot of quality overall.

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
What will happen is. The niners oline will turn to swiss cheese due to the heavy pressure. Kap will throw 3 picks. My Niners score a late td in garbage time. Score 27-7.
Hawks will feel better about themselves and the fans will again be talking superbowl. ;)

Seriously i just see the pressure and a weak oline killing kap. He does not play well under pressure.

rideaducati

Reaction score
rlkats":3kkyn326 said:
What will happen is. The niners oline will turn to swiss cheese due to the heavy pressure. Kap will throw 3 picks. My Niners score a late td in garbage time. Score 27-7.
Hawks will feel better about themselves and the fans will again be talking superbowl. ;)

Seriously i just see the pressure and a weak oline killing kap. He does not play well under pressure.

I'm with you except the niners will fail to get the two point conversion and end up with 6 points.

massari

Reaction score
SEA 41
SF 17

The game that starts off a 9 game win streak before losing the last game @ Arizona.

Babsmack

Reaction score
Popeyejones":10o3z4tl said:
keatonisballin":10o3z4tl said:
If Jimmy Graham has another game even close to yesterdays, and our D can hold you to ~10 in the 4th, Id say we win. But I see us limping to a win. We dont do anything awesome but somehow have more points at the end. An uninspiring win that gives us no more hope than we have right now about this season lol.

I'm really curious to see how the 9ers try to match up with Graham. Their LBs and Safeties have just been awful in coverage. They've been playing Ward a lot but from a size perspective he just doesn't match up well. I'm guessing they'll try to play a lot of big nickle with Tartt on Graham.

Me, too.

Babsmack

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":2nyrfrc0 said:
Hasselbeck":2nyrfrc0 said:

0-0 tie.

craziness. To think both our teams were the team to beat not long ago. :(

Latest posts