Ok so here it is.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":3n8gnp97 said:
17-6 Seattle.

Don't trust Niner O-Line to run or pass block and D-Line while decent against the run can't stop the pass to save their life. If you double Lynch they got no answer for getting pressure.

Then there's the whole LOB bringing out the worst in Kap every time they play.

Oh yeah, and Hyde can barely cut on his bad ankle. Great time for a short week. Sigh.
Hawks 17-16 on a last second Hauschmoney FG. Both Hawks TD's are scored by Seattle's defense on pick 6's.
Seattle's game plan, play calling, and execution on the offensive side of the ball will once again be epic failures!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":6espnvuc said:
0-0 tie. Bevell and Tomsula become the new GM for each team.
I'd rather have Ron Jeremy's stunt double (JimTom) call offensive plays for Seattle than the clown that is currently stepping on his manhood week after week.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rideaducati":2sr8xtl4 said:
31-6 Seahawks. Those six come in garbage time combined with a failed two point conversion.

I truly think this is more likely than probably most other people here, but :lol: at this being your real prediction.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":dferu522 said:
rideaducati":dferu522 said:
31-6 Seahawks. Those six come in garbage time combined with a failed two point conversion.

I truly think this is more likely than probably most other people here, but :lol: at this being your real prediction.

This blind squirrel has got to find a nut soon.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Niners worried becasue they get torched in the middle of the field. News for you guys, we don't use that part of the field, so the joke is on you!

And expect your anemic pass rush to look a bit better.

A new thing for the Hawks this year is giving up passing between the numbers. Kaepernick could not be happier. Still, I expect a win, though likely an ugly win. Thursday night games are usually so craptastic.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rideaducati":2aud67wf said:
Popeyejones":2aud67wf said:
rideaducati":2aud67wf said:

This blind squirrel has got to find a nut soon.

:lol: :lol:

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
36-19 Hawks. They use this game to right the ship and start playing with fire in their hearts again.

Hey, I can hope!

Laloosh

Reaction score
Wouldn't be shocked if Aaron Lynch has more sacks than SF has points.

Then again, I'm not doing well with predictions this year.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Scottemojo":12esng9o said:

This comment is definitely an attempt to make lemonade out of lemons, but I was thinking about how for a QB like Wilson the 9ers pitiful pass rush might actually be less of problem than it is in most other weeks. For all of their inability to generate pressure (it's really just Lynch), they do a good job of maintaining lane integrity while not generating push. :lol:

If Wilson can get past the first level on scrambles forget about it (Wilhoite is Wilhoite and Bowman clearly isn't all the way back (if he ever gets there), but I think this game will actually be a bit of neat natural experiment because Wilson is gonna have a pocket, so we'll get to see if 1) he uses it and 2) if he can effectively use it.

The best way to attack the 9ers pass d is seriously just wait in the pocket until holes in the zone expose themselves. Can Wilson do that? It's interesting test.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Laloosh":1gpyukh6 said:

:lol:

IIRC Lynch is still around the top of the league in pass rusher productivity, but he's simply not gonna get a lot of sacks because oftentimes the difference between hurries and sacks/hits is if a team can generate pressure on the same play from other spots.

I'm making up the math as I go, but save for just straight out beating people without a back in pass pro, generally I think it takes at least two different hurries to equal one hit on any given play.

The result is that the 9ers pass rush is so inept beyond Lynch that Lynch causes a QB to move his feet, and then, that's it, he just slides away from Lynch and gets to dicing the secondary up.

In this game I seriously seriously hope they keep Lynch rushing from Wilson's backside, and just have everyone else halfheartedly rush while really just maintaining lane integrity to fence Wilson in. MAYBE Lynch gets a sack, but it makes Wilson know Lynch is on his blind side, and also eliminates the interior lanes and maintains integrity on Wilson's scrambles out to the right (Wilson will still make people miss, it's what he does, but it at least would give them a chance).

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3vzsl4gh said:
Laloosh":3vzsl4gh said:

IIRC Lynch is still around the top of the league in pass rusher productivity, but he's simply not gonna get a lot of sacks because oftentimes the difference between hurries and sacks/hits is if a team can generate pressure on the same play from other spots.

I'm making up the math as I go, but save for just straight out beating people without a back in pass pro, generally I think it takes at least two different hurries to equal one hit on any given play.

The result is that the 9ers pass rush is so inept beyond Lynch that Lynch causes a QB to move his feet, and then, that's it, he just slides away from Lynch and gets to dicing the secondary up.

Not sure if you knew this but Aldon and Aaron are 3rd and 4th in QB hurries so far this season with 14 and 13. Probably makes a Niner fan or two angry...

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ Yeah, I didn't know the exact rankings (or that Aldon had worked his way up the list) but seeing it is just :pukeface:

With all of the 9ers losses this year, it really was the last two (Aldon and Anthony Davis) that just broke the team's collective back.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2c7gim6k said:
Niners worried becasue they get torched in the middle of the field. News for you guys, we don't use that part of the field, so the joke is on you!

A new thing for the Hawks this year is giving up passing between the numbers. Kaepernick could not be happier. Still, I expect a win, though likely an ugly win. Thursday night games are usually so craptastic.

It worked 3 times last weekend...so ya...no middle for you. We will do things that are unexpected and wont work for 3 quarters and then start to play.

I think my guess on the score is 6-6. Then in overtime 9-9. Then in double overtime 12-9 in seahawk fashion.

ok no more funning around....Seahawks win 24-9.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":go5jmzs4 said:
^^^ Yeah, I didn't know the exact rankings (or that Aldon had worked his way up the list) but seeing it is just :pukeface:

With all of the 9ers losses this year, it really was the last two (Aldon and Anthony Davis) that just broke the team's collective back.

Could not agree more.

I was still fairly positive about the season until those last two losses. Those were back breakers.

The 49ers two weakest areas are O-Line and pass rush. Those two would have gone a long way to correcting those issues.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":r5y0jds2 said:
Popeyejones":r5y0jds2 said:
Laloosh":r5y0jds2 said:

Not sure if you knew this but Aldon and Aaron are 3rd and 4th in QB hurries so far this season with 14 and 13. Probably makes a Niner fan or two angry...

Just stole that for post on the Webzone. TY. :) Too many Niner fan are reverting to "he wasn't that good anyway" arguments in regards to Aldon that IMO is flat BS.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2z72el5a said:
Laloosh":2z72el5a said:

In this game I seriously seriously hope they keep Lynch rushing from Wilson's backside, and just have everyone else halfheartedly rush while really just maintaining lane integrity to fence Wilson in. MAYBE Lynch gets a sack, but it makes Wilson know Lynch is on his blind side, and also eliminates the interior lanes and maintains integrity on Wilson's scrambles out to the right (Wilson will still make people miss, it's what he does, but it at least would give them a chance).

He's also facing constant double teams because nobody else is making teams pay for it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":xbr8glrr said:
Laloosh":xbr8glrr said:

Just stole that for post on the Webzone. TY. :) Too many Niner fan are reverting to "he wasn't that good anyway" arguments in regards to Aldon that IMO is flat BS.

:242735:

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Ok in the spirit of positivity, im also going to say that this week the Seahawks will again dominate in the stadium that the Super Bowl is played in for the third consecutive year just to return in February.
:th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :49ersmall:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":3jv9npbi said:
Ok in the spirit of positivity, im also going to say that this week the Seahawks will again dominate in the stadium that the Super Bowl is played in for the third consecutive year

Ooh, nice.

So the Seahawks win in Levi's on Thursday and then the contingent of the 9ers fanbase which is prone to such silliness gets to the pull the ridiculous "ZOMG THIS WAS THEIR SUPER BOWL" card.

I like it. :lol: