Officiating was horrible

ABirdOfPrey

Reaction score
On the Hester return, your guy basically pulled someone to the ground. Sorry it negated a big return, but that was a penalty.

On the pick play we scored on, I completely agree with you. That was a penalty. No argument from me. But those plays wouldn't help your defense. Your vaunted defense was obliterated. How many times did we punt the entire game? Maybe once or twice.

Excuses just show your butt hurt. You should have lost week 6. We smacked your team in our house. Get over it and start doing research on your draft.... :0190l:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
For the most part, the game was officiated fairly well. IF a team leaves it up to a few plays or calls, there were a million other things that could have been done better. The real killer in this game was not keeping the ground game going, finding ways to keep feeding the running game would have helped. Actually adjusting the Hawks blocking scheme to compensate for their defensive shifts inside.

It seems like the Falcons got in the Hawks heads, and made them fear the refs calls. I didn't see the same type of hand play, hard checks at the line and hard hitting DBs we normally see.

seahawksny

Reaction score
It was an ass kicking. Plain and simple
Refs had nothing to do with it.

This is why people hate our fan base so much.
We learn from Michael Bennett and Richard Shrrman who are sore losers. If we weren't seahawks fans, would we really like players like those? I wouldn't.
My fandom of them is business. Not personal.
Their Bitching does nothing positive for the game. Learn from them on how NOT TO ACT. Which means to lose like winners not whiners.
Blame the o line, blame the lack of passion, or Bevell.or whomever.. NOT THE REFEREES.

Yes, I'm frustrated as you can tell. I knew we would get our asses kicked but when it comes true it really sucks.

I don't KNOW what was chief elelment to blame yesterday except for the fact that Atlanta was BETTER.. PERIOD

capncrunch

Reaction score
Yeah. Couldn't keep up the scoring with those guys. I will go ahead and point out a call I didn't like anyway. How was that an interception thrown to Willson. I guess I could go back and watch the play again. (Oops I can' because I deleted the dvr recording) Was he not down on his rear end before the ball was pried out of his hands? It should have been a dead ball. Already in to garbage time really anyway, but how was that play not over? Anyway. Thanks for the board this year. I may disappear for a while. It's nice to come here to hear some good opinion and analysis.

Msfann

Reaction score
ABirdOfPrey":35bjt95d said:
On the Hester return, your guy basically pulled someone to the ground. Sorry it negated a big return, but that was a penalty.

On the pick play we scored on, I completely agree with you. That was a penalty. No argument from me. But those plays wouldn't help your defense. Your vaunted defense was obliterated. How many times did we punt the entire game? Maybe once or twice.

Excuses just show your butt hurt. You should have lost week 6. We smacked your team in our house. Get over it and start doing research on your draft.... :0190l:

I have/had no problem with Atlanta but maybe the team should win something before your teams fans get so cocky, winning a playoff game doesn't mean jack crap if you dont keep winning. Some of you Atlanta fans act like this was the super bowl.

You knocked out a deeply flawed Seattle team, congratulations. I had no problem with Atlanta but I hope they lose now because of their fans acting like this.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
We got our asses kicked.

Officiating was OK.

Hawks were not.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
The officiating hurt us at times, which can be expected especially when we're nationally televised, but we cannot make any excuses. Atl flat out kicked our ass in every phase of the game, including coaching. Atl deserves to advance.

Time to prepare for next season. The draft is 3 months away and free agency around the corner too.

mikeak

Reaction score
ABirdOfPrey":3s0sgm9w said:

1) Read the thread. Pretty much everyone says the better team win which is completely different than how your fans handled it when the best team won in regular season

2) Honest question - the Atlanta player is on top of the Seahawks player. If I claim that the Atlanta player takes the Seahawks player to the ground can you really based on that film show otherwise? To me hey held each other.

As stated we lose anyways but a huge call

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
On Atlanta's first drive of the game, Julio made a third-down catch where it looked to me he was short of the first-down line after being tackled by Sherm and Kam. It looked like his knee was down before he spun the bell over, but the refs awarded him the first. Maybe should have challenged that one because a stop on their opening drive could have changed the momentum.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The better team won. And the penalties on the returns were legit. On return where KPL got flagged, Sherman blatantly shoved a Falcon player in the back right before he was about to get to Hester. I thought the Sherman penalty was more obvious than KPL pulling the player to the ground.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Not what I'm sure anyone wants to hear but as a non-fan of either team I saw a few pretty egregious non-calls and blown calls that extended Seahawks drives too. There were two of them on third downs in the third quarter, IIRC.

Saw the same thing benefiting Atlanta at times also, of course, but those have all been pretty well covered.

All in all though, I didn't think the officiating was one sided in this game, or particularly bad either.

SkerBird8710

Reaction score
Whining over the refs? You guys are comical.. you know the rest of the league calls the refs the 13th man for a reason when the Seahawks are playing. I guess that only applies to your home games..

Maybe if your players weren't looking to intentionally injure players constantly they'd get a few calls their ways

https://twitter.com/shmevinshmarris/sta ... 5581251584

SkerBird8710

Reaction score
Your offense got away with multiple holds and blocks in the bsck. The most notable one was on Russell's isn't when Vic was sent flying by a lineman blocking him directly in the back..

You have no reason to whine about refs after all the calls that have gone your way over the past 5 seasons...

Good game stop blaming the refs

Vpk0718

Reaction score
SkerBird8710":1vbu7mfz said:
Whining over the refs? You guys are comical.. you know the rest of the league calls the refs the 13th man for a reason when the Seahawks are playing. I guess that only applies to your home games..

Maybe if your players weren't looking to intentionally injure players constantly they'd get a few calls their ways

The league and media are one sided. We have just as many calls go against us as for us. The league has literally admitted that we have lost games during the Russell Wilson era due to poor officiating (New Orleans this year, KC in 2014 which almost cost us the 1st seed, a few others). The thing is that ever since the fail mary, the media only focuses on the calls that benefit us. And even in the fail mary game, Green Bay's only TD happened because of a shit defensive PI call. If that game is called fairly, Green Bay NEVER has a lead.

But because you and most fans don't watch every Seahawk game, you only see the media narrative of "refs always benefit seattle!". Complete horsheshit.

The announcers focused on the Richardson facemask in the Detroit game a week ago but never mentioned that Detroit got away with multiple penalties on one of their FG drives, and at one point pulled Richardson down by his facemask and it wasnt called. It only goes one way with the media. Bullshit.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Also, I am not saying ATL didnt deserve the win. You did. Just saying it is so god damn frustrating dealing with the one sided media twisting things to represent the refs being one sided for us. We can't even express frustration about the many times they are against us without being ridiculed now. It's a joke.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SkerBird8710":wb1yb6kx said:
Your offense got away with multiple holds and blocks in the bsck. The most notable one was on Russell's isn't when Vic was sent flying by a lineman blocking him directly in the back..

You have no reason to whine about refs after all the calls that have gone your way over the past 5 seasons...

Good game stop blaming the refs

Nobody blamed the refs.

They said they were bad and missed calls, which is true.

Multiple people have stroked your ego and gave Atlanta credit.

its a day later, its time to go away.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
nash72":11xijlql said:
Hawknbear":11xijlql said:
Hesters 78 yard return that changed momentum called flagged game changing call ticky tack!

That was early in the game though. A change in momentum isn't the same as your offense doing absolutely nothing for the rest of the game.
Game plan went out the window when the suck-butt Refs did their ditty.
Every time the Seahawks started to show some footing, the Referees interjected, and killed any momentum.
The flags were held in check for the Falcons sins.....I don't think the misfiring Seahawks were anywhere near their 'A GAME', and I also believe that they weren't going to mount any kind of comeback, ESPECIALLY with the SEVERAL momentum killing rags that were so freely thrown, and to be frank, early in the game when you want to ESTABLISH some rhythm.
The Falcons absolutely deserved the win, but they didn't deserve the help that they got from the zebras.
Simple shit like NOT calling the Falcons for helmet to helmet contact SEVERAL TIMES during the game, OFFENSIVE HOLDING, and NOT overturning that last intercept, ->>> Luke Willson was DOWN<<<-....and so on and so on, and so on.
One or two ticky-tack calls / non-calls a game is to be expected, but do it TO BOTH SIDES.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Vpk0718":2f4cdpyj said:
SkerBird8710":2f4cdpyj said:

The league and media are one sided. We have just as many calls go against us as for us. The league has literally admitted that we have lost games during the Russell Wilson era due to poor officiating (New Orleans this year, KC in 2014 which almost cost us the 1st seed, a few others). The thing is that ever since the fail mary, the media only focuses on the calls that benefit us. And even in the fail mary game, Green Bay's only TD happened because of a shit defensive PI call. If that game is called fairly, Green Bay NEVER has a lead.

But because you and most fans don't watch every Seahawk game, you only see the media narrative of "refs always benefit seattle!". Complete horsheshit.

The announcers focused on the Richardson facemask in the Detroit game a week ago but never mentioned that Detroit got away with multiple penalties on one of their FG drives, and at one point pulled Richardson down by his facemask and it wasnt called. It only goes one way with the media. Bullshit.
+1
Fans of other teams only see highlights and edited youtube clips. Then jump to pointing fingers at the Hawks fanbase.

Latest posts