Official Road Trip (Now Official)

seahawks08

Reaction score
I am in, will start working on my approval from my lady.Does anyone have any hotel recommendations?

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
seahawks08":1x4qpubq said:
I am in, will start working on my approval from my lady.Does anyone have any hotel recommendations?

I'll be doing some research on this.

What we did for the Houston game a couple years ago, and it seemed to work well,was this.

The .net group stayed at a hotel away from the main bunch of 12s.
As strange as this may sound, it kind of gave us the opportunity to meet and greet amongst our selves but we still were able to partake in the festivities. If you will, a party within a party.
Obviously some stayed in different places based on cost or taste, but this was the general idea.
Nothing is set in stone and all ideas can be considered.
If this game in fact, gets adopted as the "official" road trip, we can vote on the things that matter to most.
There will be a very large group of 12s at this game but keeping a small part of the festivities to ourselves, or creating a smaller separate "meet up" is very cool.
The night before the game, we had our little thing at a Twin peaks, then kind of disbanded. Some of the fainter of heart headed to their rooms, while the harder core, went onto the Texas Seahawkers bash.

Back to your question, no nothing has been decided but I'd be willing to bet that the Seahawkers have arranged a small discount at some place close and decent. I will post this info as it becomes available.
If anybody has ideas or suggestions, by all means, post up.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I am thinking about it, I am thinking about it and it hurts.....no, that is my cat clawing my left knee. ouch. Already considering staying at either a friends boys place or staying at a friends place north of there by about 40 miles. Not sure yet. Depends on the other things going on now. I think it would be fun tho.

Go Hawks :thirishdrinkers:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Count me in! I have a good buddy who moved to Austin a couple years ago who is going to the game so I might be able to stay with him and we can meet up with the .NET gang and fellow 12's.

He's a 12 but also a Cowboy's fan (he is from Texas) so there's the hitch. :lol:

OkieHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":1v53zfy7 said:
seahawks08":1v53zfy7 said:

I'll be doing some research on this.

What we did for the Houston game a couple years ago, and it seemed to work well,was this.

The .net group stayed at a hotel away from the main bunch of 12s.
As strange as this may sound, it kind of gave us the opportunity to meet and greet amongst our selves but we still were able to partake in the festivities. If you will, a party within a party.
Obviously some stayed in different places based on cost or taste, but this was the general idea.
Nothing is set in stone and all ideas can be considered.
If this game in fact, gets adopted as the "official" road trip, we can vote on the things that matter to most.
There will be a very large group of 12s at this game but keeping a small part of the festivities to ourselves, or creating a smaller separate "meet up" is very cool.
The night before the game, we had our little thing at a Twin peaks, then kind of disbanded. Some of the fainter of heart headed to their rooms, while the harder core, went onto the Texas Seahawkers bash.

Back to your question, no nothing has been decided but I'd be willing to bet that the Seahawkers have arranged a small discount at some place close and decent. I will post this info as it becomes available.
If anybody has ideas or suggestions, by all means, post up.

There's a Courtyard Inn not too far from the stadium if people want to use that as the "official" .Net hotel. Here is a link to some of the surrounding area:

Hotels

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Nothing set yet but the Dallas group is getting things rolling.
My wife just sent me this via text msg.
a87828c495d45dcf7c7712ce7770dd55.jpg

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3rwscikr said:
pmedic920":3rwscikr said:
Nothing set yet but the Dallas group is getting things rolling.
My wife just sent me this via text msg.
a87828c495d45dcf7c7712ce7770dd55.jpg

I'd be interested in that.

Like I said earlier, most of this stuff is for their members.
The membership is fairly cheap, it probably would be worth joining just for this one game.

Edit: if you are planning on going:{)

original poster

Reaction score
Looking forward to hear something official, I plan on coming over from the UK for this!

A

Anonymous

original poster":cs64a6hp said:
Looking forward to hear something official, I plan on coming over from the UK for this!

Sweet!

We can get "pissed" together and finish all our sentences with questions.

:mrgreen:

RiverDog

Reaction score
Thanks for posting all those pics of the Houston game two years ago as it brought back a lot of great memories. I was there, for the cloud burst during the pregame tailgate where it rained like a cow pissing on a flat rock, the bottom falling out of the case of Corona, the Texas tea, and screamed my lungs out in the second half (not so much in the first half). I met a lot of fantastic folks, both Texans as well as Seahawk fans. Houston was a fun trip.

Along with at least one fellow poster, I'm going to the Cincy game this season, as well as Maryland vs. Ohio State up the road in Columbus the day prior to Hawks-Bengals. I'm 90% sure that I'm making a return trip to Glendale for the Cards game on 1/3 hoping to witness Beastquake III, might even take in the Fiesta Bowl on New Year's Day.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
original poster":15lddjb4 said:

There will be several members in attendance even if this game does not get adopted as the "official" Road Trip.

As I've been trying to point out, the Dallas Chapter of The SeaHawkers is planning all kinds of stuff. They are a very large group and anything the organize will be top shelf.
Just remember that most of their stuff is either for members first or members only.
The tour of AT&T stadium on Saturday morning is limited. They will only open it to outsiders if it doesn't fill up.

The membership is cheap. IMHO well worth what you can get as benefits.
Tour Saturday AM
Party Sat night. 25$ for all you can eat and 4 drink tickets.
Hotel discount, and they think they will be able to offer a discount at one of the major ticket brokers.

I'd love to be able to host a .net thing but logistics just won't allow it.
If you are wanting a full weekend of fun with 12s, this will be the most Bang for your Buck.

Obviously if you are more of a "stay to yourself" type person, this probably won't interest you.

I will be at the game with my wife, and very possibly, my daughter and her BF.
I'm almost certain that Houstonhawk and Son will be there. And I think L80 will be as well.
See you there my friend.

Edit: the point I'm trying to make is this.
If anybody wants to join in on Big Stuff, buy a membership with the Dallas Chapter of the SeaHawkers. It's cheap and you will get your monies worth.
Please remember this is my opinion and SEAHAWKS.net is not affiliated with any of these offers.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Green Bay for me this year. Too iconic to skip, not to mention recent history.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
I too was going to fly down from YYZ to see dal asss play but the day after halloween on a weekend might make that tough with our child....oh man!!

Last year blew for me for games from YYZ. This year, I think the only other option is a VERY long drive to Cinci and/or Baltimore. Crap.