Offense Vs Defense?

One drive, 80 yards, touchdown or bust...who wins?

• Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks offense

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • Earl Thomas and the Seattle Seahawks defense

Votes: 26 52.0%

• Total voters

el capitan

Reaction score
Watching the Seahawks dominate the Saints on offense and defense got me wondering...who would come out on top if Wilson, Lynch, Harvin and the Seahawks offense had to drive 80 yards against ET, Sherman, Clemons and the Seahawks defense?

One drive, 80 yards, touchdown or bust...who wins?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Defense would have been the clear winner before Monday night. Now...I don't know. If our O-line can keep pass protecting like they did against the Saints, possibly the offense. I think I'm still picking defense for now, though.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I think of a good defense like a good puzzle. They are going to set up, and can only react based on how they are setting up.

an offense has the power to adjust and try to figure out the 'puzzle'.

Lets say there's 1:59 on the clock, 1 time out, RW has the ball in his hands 1st and 10 at his own 20 neutral field down by 5 points.

I will bet on Russell Wilson.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I'd say it's probably a 50/50 thing, but I'd take the Defense.

Think about how our 2-minute drill goes in practice, and then take that same offense and put them on the field against most other D's; that's why we march down the field so quickly. We're NOT playing our own D!

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Man, tough question, I went with ET and the D, ah la St. Louis. Very easily could have picked Wilson. Also I believe this Offense is now deadly, ah la 2:00 minute drill against the Saints. Man, I love this team!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I went with the Defense but in all honesty the way the penalties have been falling lately I think the Defense has been taking more of a hit than the Offense. So that gives them a few more first downs to work with. In a perfect world there would be no penalties, but the reality is the games we have been tight on this year were largely due to the flags deserved or otherwise. Leave the flags out of it and its a jump ball. A lot of teams would kill to have this problem.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Who the hell cares ? We have em both.

Just kidding. It's a tough question.
I've always said " if your defense is good enough, it only takes a safety (2pts) to win"
I'm glad we don't have to play AGAINST either.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Good question. I'd side with the defense because all of our offensive players routinely say in interviews that the hardest defense they face all year is their own in practice.

Which means our D knows all of our offensive plays/tendencies/formations, etc.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I don't think our WRs are good enough to beat our secondary in a real game situation. I picked the defense because I think the passing game would really struggle.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Maybe I'm still hung up on last year and how many times we blew it late on defense ala Atlanta but I'm going with Russell and the offense although I have complete faith in both this year. Wilson is incredible in clutch time. Not sure there is anyone in the league who is better. He seems to move at will with he needs too.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Really hard decision. I'm gonna go with Offense only because of the risk of personal foul by some aggressive D.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I have seen our offence Totaly crush our defense in training camp.. I have also seen them shut down our offence. so i'm gonna say 50/50 is the only correct answer, but i voted offence, based on TODAY

Veilside

Reaction score
I'm going offense. A well placed throw can beat the best coverage and Wilson is very good at putting the ball where only his receivers have a chance at it. Plus I'm not so sure we can create enough pressure by rushing 4 against our O-line that is needed to contain and get to Wilson (ala Panthers, Rams).

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
If this actually ever happened neither would win. The stadium would implode and it would create a black hole that would consume the entire planet.

Latest posts