Now's the time Percy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawkfish":1xptsl1m said:
I don't do twitter. Has anyone seen/heard from Harvin on that social media platform?

His last tweet other than a bunch of Happy Holiday type stuff was on November 12th

Percy Harvin ‏@Percy_Harvin 12 Nov
It's go time

But I fully expect him to tweet this week "It's sit and collect paychecks time"

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
This thread is embarrassing.

Not only is it FULL of misleading information, but it's nothing but posters bashing a guy that's been hurt all season and grinding to get back to full health.

Also, Cordarrelle Patterson has sucked all year long...those wishing we had him, instead of Percy, are in fact grasping for straws and/or are complete morons. He had ONE good game as a WR, and his impact on special teams was two scores. If you think his performance this year gives him more upside than Harvin will when that hip is fixed, get your head checked. You might need meds. ALL season long on twitter and on the Vikes site (left over fandom from living in the Midwest with nothing to watch), they've been talking about how raw he is from a receiving standpoint. They had trouble getting him on the field and getting the ball in his hands, because he wasn't quite NFL ready. Pair this with a terrible QB situation and you have the 2013 Vikings. If he was really a game changer ala Harvin, he would have had more than 430 yards receiving. Buy into the hype machine though, it'll net you a 100 yard game.

After reading this thread and seeing the impatience fans have had with Harvin, it's safe to say everyone here would HATE him.

Point being, this thread is a joke and people bashing a dude that is hurt...well that's a pretty webzone move if you ask me. Too many people here spending time on SC forums, picking up shitty habits.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":28e6lv5m said:

Not only is it FULL of misleading information, but it's nothing but posters bashing a guy that's been hurt all season and grinding to get back to full health.

Also, Cordarrelle Patterson has sucked all year long...those wishing we had him, instead of Percy, are in fact grasping for straws and/or are complete morons. He had ONE good game as a WR, and his impact on special teams was two scores. If you think his performance this year gives him more upside than Harvin will when that hip is fixed, get your head checked. You might need meds. ALL season long on twitter and on the Vikes site (left over fandom from living in the Midwest with nothing to watch), they've been talking about how raw he is from a receiving standpoint. They had trouble getting him on the field and getting the ball in his hands, because he wasn't quite NFL ready. Pair this with a terrible QB situation and you have the 2013 Vikings. If he was really a game changer ala Harvin, he would have had more than 430 yards receiving. Buy into the hype machine though, it'll net you a 100 yard game.

After reading this thread and seeing the impatience fans have had with Harvin, it's safe to say everyone here would HATE him.

Point being, this thread is a joke and people bashing a dude that is hurt...well that's a pretty webzone move if you ask me. Too many people here spending time on SC forums, picking up shitty habits.
This pretty much sums my view up but in a far nicer way than I care to put it.

idahawks

Reaction score
docj78":23y85ar7 said:
Bosworth, McGwire, Curry, Harvin................. he's fast on track to join the elite of Seahawk Faildom....................

Mirer

HansGruber

Reaction score
twelthmanfan":u0y0dkoq said:
Here is a story regarding Ed Reed and his torn labrum.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... rn-labrum/

“It’s a year-long process of getting back to 100 percent. I don’t want to come back too early, man, and injure myself again.”

Two scary things about that article:

1) Ed Reed played through the pain, as mentioned in that article.
2) He was never the same after that surgery.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":28gir6qd said:

:13: They should be ashamed really....its classless.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HansGruber":2fqa9mmz said:
twelthmanfan":2fqa9mmz said:

“It’s a year-long process of getting back to 100 percent. I don’t want to come back too early, man, and injure myself again.”

Reed was old and at the end of his career.

Will I

Reaction score
HansGruber":1w3myt1w said:
twelthmanfan":1w3myt1w said:

I bet #1 helped cause #2.

HansGruber

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2834t3ol said:
Yeah, so it might not be stupid that the FO is conservative and patient concerning Harvin right?

I've never accused the front office of stupidity. Our front office really didn't do anything wrong here, other than perhaps to ignore all the warning signs from high school to college and into the pros at Minnesota. They had the luxury to take a risk and unfortunately, it backfired.

But I don't believe that Harvin will ever be a serious factor here. I'd be surprised if he was even able to put together a patchwork career in Seattle like Sidney Rice did (who also has struggled constantly with injuries). If he comes back in the future and proves me wrong, great. But I'm just tired of hearing about potential with all these free agent WRs who never do anything in Seattle. And now, this guy who was apparently healthy enough to play a month and a half ago, but too much pain since then. Something is wrong.

Honestly, I don't understand why some fans are sticking up for Harvin so much. He has done nothing for this team other than to suck up cap space and collect a paycheck. Of course, potential has never impressed me. Results do, but potential just annoys me because it generally just highlights a letdown. And Harvin has definitely been a letdown.

Do you believe our front office would have made the trade had they known Harvin would sit out the entire season? Do you believe our front office does NOT see the trade as a failure?

HansGruber

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2v9rgi93 said:

What makes me nervous is that Harvin may not be old, but there are legitimate concerns about the longevity of his career.

John Clayton was discussing it on 710ESPN just about two hours ago and actually said he is doubtful that Harvin will ever be a serious factor in Seattle. There are a number of pretty smart people wondering out loud about it.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HansGruber":1hmyood6 said:
ImTheScientist":1hmyood6 said:

What makes me nervous is that Harvin may not be old, but there are legitimate concerns about the longevity of his career.

John Clayton was discussing it on 710ESPN just about two hours ago and actually said he is doubtful that Harvin will ever be a serious factor in Seattle. There are a number of pretty smart people wondering out loud about it.
I feel the same as Clayton. Sincerely hope to be wrong.

Reaction score
The thing that upset me about Harvin was that he waited untol training camp to start to say or do anything about his sore hip.... could be 3 to 4 months ahead of schedule right now.

Will I

Reaction score

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":2oj0jxd8 said:

What a Blatant lie. Ya Patterson has sucked all year yet he leads the league in return avg and return TDs and teams have started completely kicking it short or away from him so he cant return it. The return game is part of football or did the rules change? You dont think starting at the 35 or so yardline on avg is good? Especially with THIS defense. Its a lot better than Turbin thats for sure.

He ALSO hardly played the first entire half of the season. I dont buy into this "not nfl ready" crap about him. First of all Frazier is an idiot. He is on par with Childress as a coach and hopefully will be fired along with Musgrave and his stupid 3x5 offensive playcard. I dont see how hard it would be to throw him a screen pass or mix in a few plays that Harvin ran but NO, thats too hard evidently. Just because he didnt play doesnt mean he wasnt ready. I think he would of been just fine getting Harvins plays that they ran the first half of last year, which were mainly screens and VERY short passes.

Musgrave couldnt design a creative playbook if his life depended on it. Patterson IS pretty much the same player Harvin is but taller with slightly worse hands yet they refused to play him and put him #5 behind joe freaking webb? You kiddin me!! The whole first half of the season I thought they would use him just like we had talked about using Harvin. Bring him in as a RB for passing plays or just a change of pace and do WR screens and short passes. They FINALLY started using him as HB several plays the last half of this season and he has 8 carries for 102 yards and 2 TD. He is a playmaker and they refused to put him onto the field or were too stupid to even make up a few plays to at least get him involved once in a while.

Lets not even talk about the joke of QBs that have started this year. Ponder has been terrible and Cassell has had very few good games as well. Jennings did almost nothing with Ponder.

I love Harvin as much as the next guy, considering I am also a vikings fan and was thrilled about the trade for both teams, but to pretend Harvin is leaps and bounds better than Patterson is crazy. He allready has a better rookie year than Harvin as a returner. As a WR for the whole year compared to Harvin he will obv not match the stats because Harvin was the #2 WR for the most part across from a Prime Rice who was healthy and had his best year as a pro. He also had a healthy, younger, more explosive AP and Brett Favre throwing the ball. For the last half of Harvins 09 season and the last half of Pattersons season this year it is pretty close though. Oh sidenote Bevell was the O-Coordinator that year and even though I dont think hes the greatest ever, he is leaps and bounds better than Musgrave.

Patterson was #4 or #5 for at least the first half of the year. Even with that he could still finish with close to 500 receiving yards, 100 something rushing yards, 1350+ return yards, and AT LEAST 7 total TDs.

I think Pattersons potential is through the roof and can match Harvins. He is just as physical as Harvin is. He is def as fast and can cut on a dime without losing much speed at all.

For this season, yes Patterson would of done more than Harvin. You know why? Because he would of actually BEEN PLAYING. Even if he JUST was returning the ball, having a 33.5 avg is a whole 11 more yards avg than Kearse or Turbin who ALSO have not scored a TD either while Patterson has 2. I think we could also find ways to get him onto the field unlike the Vikings for the first part of the season.

I hope Harvin can return and stay healthy because he is quite amazing when he can play but im starting to wonder how serious this injury has been and if he will ever be quite the same. They havent IRed him yet so I assume he might play in the playoffs? I can only hope as he would add that needed dimension we have been missing.

getnasty

Reaction score
Who do you root for when the Vikings play the Seahawks? Not sure how you can be a fan of two teams. I'd cheat on my wife before i cheated on the Seahawks.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HansGruber":lgdgcp51 said:
KCHawkGirl":lgdgcp51 said:
Yeah, so it might not be stupid that the FO is conservative and patient concerning Harvin right?

I've never accused the front office of stupidity. Our front office really didn't do anything wrong here, other than perhaps to ignore all the warning signs from high school to college and into the pros at Minnesota. They had the luxury to take a risk and unfortunately, it backfired.

But I don't believe that Harvin will ever be a serious factor here. I'd be surprised if he was even able to put together a patchwork career in Seattle like Sidney Rice did (who also has struggled Weconstantly with injuries). If he comes back in the future and proves me wrong, great. But I'm just tired of hearing about potential with all these free agent WRs who never do anything in Seattle. And now, this guy who was apparently healthy enough to play a month and a half ago, but too much pain since then. Something is wrong.

Honestly, I don't understand why some fans are sticking up for Harvin so much. He has done nothing for this team other than to suck up cap space and collect a paycheck. Of course, potential has never impressed me. Results do, but potential just annoys me because it generally just highlights a letdown. And Harvin has definitely been a letdown.

Do you believe our front office would have made the trade had they known Harvin would sit out the entire season? Do you believe our front office does NOT see the trade as a failure?
This is about the only nice thing I can say about your position.... thank God you're not running the team. Other than that you literally wrote a book of misinformation at best and willful ignorance at worst. And that is the last of the polite and politically correct things I can say for the above essay and the other essays you have written. So let's just say someone here is going to eat serious crow and it won't be me.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":8gpn9thc said:
HansGruber":8gpn9thc said:
ImTheScientist":8gpn9thc said:

John Clayton was discussing it on 710ESPN just about two hours ago and actually said he is doubtful that Harvin will ever be a serious factor in Seattle. There are a numberi of pretty smart people wondering out loud about it.
I feel the same as Clayton. Sincerely hope to be wrong.
Of course you do given you've been loud and clear about your negative view about the trade and Harvin like 5-6 other overreacting posters here. Couple that with your thinking hip surgery is some minor deal so ask me why I am not shocked?

I have said more than once on this very site I have had hip surgery (it was a bit more involved) but I am not an athlete but the opposite. But it's an area of the body that involves the most important joint in the lower body bar none and for the normal person can be 2 or more years to recover if ever. And you and others are painting it like he's done? When even now it's obvious he could play at an elite level, his level with no dropoff. The issue currently is recovery time

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Since the issue is recovery time it looks pretty good we will see him for the NFCC and a virtual lock for the Superbowl if ABSOLUTELY nothing changes in 3-5 weeks. And yes Arizona didn't change the fact that we have a road trip February 2nd to New Jersey as participants not spectators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts